Flesh and Blood

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ah yes

unknown-690.png

unknown-806.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Some of the cards that have been getting spoiled recently are nuts. Where are my cool Wizard cards?!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
1668049502310.png

Well shoot... this weekend is for the Regicide promos and Iyslander just got hit pretty hard. Feels really weird considering Prism didn't get hit at all.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Aether Icevein and Hypothermia were NASTY in blitz.

It liberated storms for Kano. Pretty good change I think.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 442149

Well shoot... this weekend is for the Regicide promos and Iyslander just got hit pretty hard. Feels really weird considering Prism didn't get hit at all.
prism likely escaped anything this time around because she was pretty middle of the pack until Iyslander became 30% of the meta and she stomps all over Iyslander.

If they manage to reign in Iyslander's meta share, Prism will regress as well naturally since she is primarily a predator against one deck.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't say that, Prism has the tools to beat pretty much any deck in blitz. She can even race Fai with heralds, that's how crazy she is.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Sure, she has very high damage to resource attacks, but she always has. What has kept her down previously was the best blitz decks were 1, just as fast due to half as much life, 2, her CC game plan of auras was very much punished by faster decks who didnt need set up time, and 3, if you went full aggro, most decks naturally pack poppers.

However, when the best 2 decks in Blitz are Oldhim and Iyslander, 2 decks prism made unplayable in CC, plus Kano being destroyed by the banning of storm striders, she is going to gain a significant meta share, cause like you said, she does have the tools to win. However, in blitz, when its a fair fight, every deck can just high roll you out of the universe. Iyslander and Oldhim set up for longer games in a very fast format, which prism just does better (but does worse against other aggro decks).

Also, Fai is not a particularly good blitz hero, Ira is still probably the best Ninja for blitz, and there are better aggro decks, there is a reason this is what the world's meta looked like. If you dont have a plan for how the game ends (or doesnt in the case of Iyslander and Oldhim) on like turn 2 or 3, your blitz deck is gonna fall to the bottom. Prism happens to be able to play both ways depending on deck construction, and this weekend's version was set to beat those top 2.

1668105763307.png

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Fai was great in blitz before lynx nerf, now idk
Pouncing Lynx ban really ruined every ninja. Momentum is too easy to play around, however a free tutor for another card in hand at no cost was way too strong, especially in Fai.

Makes me wish they could do hero level bans, cause Benji is just garbage, but he was at least fun with pouncing lynx. But that ban list would be too much to maintain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
IMG_20221113_143148671.jpg

Snagged my Regicide promo from this weekend's armory. No Prisms showed up so the ice queen swept. 😎

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I gotta tell you, this set is a head scratcher for me outside of the assassin and C&C reprint

I dont think Boltyn got enough help so the value of that Spirit is gonna keep dropping?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I don't see Spirit staying at a high price, but I do think it's a very good card and a properly played Boltyn is a real deck in CC (albeit with several bad matchups).

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

REALLY good interview. How he got into it is similar to me. Great explanation of what makes FaB so good.

And of course loads of warrior drips.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Slaughtering locals rn with Fai, Oldhim and even Boltyn

Speaking of Boltyn, USA's very own world champ joined up with a Boltdawg streamer:

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I had two PQs last weekend. The first one, I went 2-3-1 which was awful. That night I sat myself down at the kitchen table and went over all the fundamentals of Flesh and Blood again. The next day, I went 3-2, just barely losing my "win and in" to bubble at 9th. I'm hoping to do better this weekend!

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I got top 8 at a PQ! Unfortunately lost in the quarterfinals, but I was happy to make it! It was an extremely high Elo PQ with top tier players such as Chris Iaali and Tyler Horspool, and they were all very nice and congratulated me on getting 8th. My deck was Iyslander hybrid attacks/non-attacks but a different build than Hamilton's focusing on disruption more than damage.

Today I'm at my final PQ of the season, and I said that if I got top 8 with Iyslander I would take attack action Kano... So here I am playing my meme deck and I'm currently 1-2 lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The assassin class makes me want to pick this up again. The appropriate level of fiddly for me. Is it any good?

• 1Like