FOH Shower Thoughts

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
If you are bald, your forehead goes all the way to your asscrack.
What if your butt goes to your forehead?

Ws0-S1Zysr.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 6 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, in the 80s we made a word for that special haircut that was "business up front, party down back" - the Mullet. I feel the time has come to find a similar word to describe the way you dress for your Teams/Zoom meeting where you're all business up top (shirt/tie/blouse), and slacker down below (sweatpants/pajamas/no pants).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So, in the 80s we made a word for that special haircut that was "business up front, party down back" - the Mullet. I feel the time has come to find a similar word to describe the way you dress for your Teams/Zoom meeting where you're all business up top (shirt/tie/blouse), and slacker down below (sweatpants/pajamas/no pants).
That would be the Network Anchor.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I just watched Once upon a Time in Hollywood. At the start of the film there is this scene from a party at the Playboy Mansion set in 1969. It got me thinking. If you were to go back in time to 1969 and attend a party such as that, the best way to make sure no-one would think you were a time traveler from 2020 would be to tell them you were a time traveler from 2020 and then answer all their questions truthfully. It would be too fucking insane for anyone to take seriously:

"Where am I from? More like WHEN I am from! I'm a time traveler from the year 2020. Who's President then? Well, it's a billionaire ... no, BILLionaire, with a "b", yeah a million doesn't buy you as much then as it does now. For example, you could only get a shitty run down small home in a bad neighborhood of San Francisco for a lousy million in 2020. So anyway, yeah, our President is this rich real estate guy and TV personality called Donald Trump, though he likes to be called The Donald. He's the best President we've had since Ronald Reagan. Yeah, the cowboy actor. Yeah, he was President in the 80s. If you think that's crazy then I shouldn't tell you who was governor of California in the early 2000s! Ah hell, I'll tell ya, it was this Austrian body builder. They called him The Govonator. So anyway, Trump, he came to power on the slogan Make America Great Again. What? Well, because America had declined a bit after we spent a trillion or so dollars invading Afghanistan and Iraq and sold all our manufacturing to China. Anyway, he wants to end those wars and bring back manufacturing but the communists in Congress hate him. Yeah, the US congress. No, there aren't any commies in Russia any more, Ronald Reagan bankrupted them and collapsed communism in Eastern Europe and Russia and they're all capitalist now. Their oligarchs love spending money buying expensive real estate in Western countries and building mega yachts. But if you like communism then there are plenty of commies in the US Congress now."

"Do I live in a space station or been to Mars? Haha god no, after we went to the Moon a hand full of times the TV ratings dropped so we called it quits. We helped build a small space station in orbit with the Russians and a few others, and sent robots to Mars and a few other planets but we sort of gave up on the whole "Final Frontier" thing, except for TV. Hell, we even gave up our own manned space program for a decade or so. We just paid the Russians to send our guys into space, but we're back again now. They want to spend a few billion to send a black woman to the Moon to prove we're not racist."

"What's it like going to the cinema in 2020? I don't know, I haven't been in almost a year cos they're all closed. Yeah, late in 2019 some Chinese guy ate some undercooked bat soup and got the chills so now everything is shut down. They closed all the schools, put on a curfew, forced you to wear masks and basically put an end to free speech, freedom of assembly and freedom of enterprise, but hey, this flu is serious. It can kill up to one in 300,000 for the young, and up to one in 30,000 for those over 80 years old and in bad health. Gotta protect them!"

Yeah... folks back in 1969 would totally believe all that! :D

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder how many times Disney has tried to buy Harry Potter rights from JK and WB? I mean that and maybe DC must be their last two infinity stones.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Saw this display for Christmas at a local Cabela’s

6E546D05-D760-4977-A18A-BB93A9E269E5.jpeg
I thought “they died for this display”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
When a bug gets trapped in a container filled with rice why doesn't it get dried out and die?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Pouring rain here but if it snowed for this long half the houses would fall down due to the weight of the snow

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The True Story of Popeye the Sailor;

Just a dude in a bar who said, "Yeah, well... im so strong I can eat this entire can of raw spinach." and then did. Everyone was floored because that shit, especially back in the early 1900 type tins where they added their own special flavour, is bloody fucking awful on a truly awe inspiring level.

speaking of canned foods;

I wonder if there is some hidden/obscure/my-search-fu-sucks law about not being allowed to put inedible products in tin cans in the case of a nuclear war.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
When a bug gets trapped in a container filled with rice why doesn't it get dried out and die?

Bugs are remarkably resistant to desiccation. Things like diatomaceous earth work by wearing through their outer carapace before drying them out.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if there is some hidden/obscure/my-search-fu-sucks law about not being allowed to put inedible products in tin cans in the case of a nuclear war.

Probably not. I've seen canned ammo. Not just spam cans, which are kind of common, but also tin cans.

iu

Canned-Ammunition-Ammo.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It should be possible, by checking for levels of various isotopes in someone's body, to develop a test to tell whether or not that someone is a time traveller. Right?

• 1Harrow

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It should be possible, by checking for levels of various isotopes in someone's body, to develop a test to tell whether or not that someone is a time traveller. Right?

Probably is a way but no one sees a need to. I bet it's not as simple as you're probably thinking though. You'd need a known time traveler first to figure out what measurable things show up at different levels.

Maybe a better test would be to tell a suspected time traveler that it's February 2020 and see if their eyes go big.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Probably is a way but no one sees a need to.

No shit, Sherlock. No one sees a need to test for time travellers? That's the level of nit you're gonna pick in the shower thoughts thread? :p
I bet it's not as simple as you're probably thinking though. You'd need a known time traveler first to figure out what measurable things show up at different levels.
I do dispute this, tho, and bet that it's a lot more simple than you're thinking. It wouldn't be very dissimilar than Carbon-14 or other isotope based archaeological dating. Of course, it would face similar accuracy issues...

Tho a common issue of Carbon-14 dating is that atomic bomb testing has altered isotope ratios, rendering future archaeologists unable to date things from [[current year]]. That, however, leads me to another shower thought, because it might lead to a future in which things from the Manhattan Project or later are actually MORE easily dated, particularly this from this era if nuclear weapons testing is ever halted completely.

Maybe a better test would be to tell a suspected time traveler that it's February 2020 and see if their eyes go big.
Because they'd realize they missed their target by a year? Did they forget to code their time machine firmware so that it starts counting from 1 instead of 0?

• 1Harrow