Foundation

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't a huge fan of Empire in the first 2 episodes, but I absolutely loved the trio in the third. Its soooo bizarre though, its like it was written specifically for me, someone much older than the average TV viewer contemplating their life and regrets while looking at their legacy. Outside of old fucks, who is gonna appreciate that?

And then everything to do with Salvor Hardin was weird as fuck. I've read all the Foundation books and know whats going on, and could barely understand whats going on, where they are, who is who, etc. I can't possibly imagine anyone new to the franchise is able to follow what the fuck is going on. Its so poorly written, so poorly shot, and so poorly staged/directed/acted. What on earth are they thinking.

A couple of podcasts (who do general TV) mentioned that they dropped off after just the 2nd episode, which I guess is good because the third episode might as well be in Hindi for all the sense most people will be able to make of the world. This is such extremely shitty world building, but I love the aesthetics, looks, tone, and Empire. Too bad the showrunner and writers so badly translated the story. Why they keep trying to make everything mysterious and the audience off edge instead of being straightforward with the story is so stupid.

I'm usually good at following obscure details, obfuscated story, but man what the hell is even going on?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Third episode was a whole load of meh.
Episode 3 was good for only the first 1/3 dealing with the passing of Night or whatever his name was.

The last 2/3 was boring as shit dealing with the encampment. Fucking space shows always have to do boring shit in some encampment that no one gives a fuck about.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I am digging Cleon's deal but everything set on Terminus was effectively filler.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The departures are just so unnecessary. The aesthetics are great, but story is truly meh.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can I just clarify, in the first two episodes we see a young Dawn being schooled by Day and Dusk.

In the third episode we see an old Dusk about to die and another Dusk, who looked like the Dusk from episodes 1 and 2 but Dawn was about to be born hence the need for old Dusk to shuffle off.

My question is, is the current Day the original Dawn from EP1 & 2 and the current Dusk the Day from EP1 & 2? Because, it's only 19 years since the Starbridge Bombing so unless they age at an advanced rate I have an issue with the characters changing so significantly.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Can I just clarify, in the first two episodes we see a young Dawn being schooled by Day and Dusk.

In the third episode we see an old Dusk about to die and another Dusk, who looked like the Dusk from episodes 1 and 2 but Dawn was about to be born hence the need for old Dusk to shuffle off.

My question is, is the current Day the original Dawn from EP1 & 2 and the current Dusk the Day from EP1 & 2? Because, it's only 19 years since the Starbridge Bombing so unless they age at an advanced rate I have an issue with the characters changing so significantly.

They did not do a good job with the time skip there imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yup, its exactly what you think the 3 emperor's shift one step forward each, Dusk is vaporized (that was a weird to euthanize), and a new Dawn is there. It totally makes no sense that in 19 years they each age like 30 years and really look nothing like each other. It also means for the last 10 years they call a guy in his 30s, Dawn.

Its a neat setup, its new and NOT in the books at all and made up by the writers, but the execution is so clumsily handled. I also laughed at the idea that for Dusk, right before he dies, going up to show the Starbridge being blown up is "great". That'd be like my grandkids wheeling me out on my death bed and then blowing up my house in front of me and expecting me to react with joy instead of rage.

It woulda been far more interesting if they had promised him they will fix it, but because they are all the same people he knows they are lying and they have a small talk about how the Empire really is dying.

• 2Like

nu_11

It woulda been far more interesting if they had promised him they will fix it, but because they are all the same people he knows they are lying and they have a small talk about how the Empire really is dying.
I’m not sure that would’ve worked. Because it raises questions of whether you would be able to lie to yourself. I think their connection is based on telling each other the truth.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The way the industry is at the minute I expect them to reveal the female robot has been manipulating Empire for generations.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They added a bunch of "x years ago", "x years later", "now", etc. shit at the bottom, but they really didn't do a great job transitioning the time jumps with Dawn, Day, Dusk, and Darkness. I really don't know why, but I fucking love everything going on with Empire. The rest of it is "meh", but the chick playing Salvor so far is WAY more likeable than the chick that plays Gaal.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
for at least half of the episode i thought the chick playing gaal was the same chick playing salvor and it was really, really confusing

its pretty dumb they setup gaal being asteroid-d last episode and don't show what happened. It reminds me of Westworld season 2 with all the various character intercuts to make the story confusing/mysterious. The show would be way, way better if every episode just focused on one period and group of characters, and just the last 2 minutes switched to a new perspective.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The last time we saw her was before Terminus landfall, yes.

that dude specifically talking about how he was 70 but was in suspension indicates gaal will be the same age - i'm sure the the outer reach folks picked her up and she'll lead the downfall of the empire or some shit, making it so the henry's predictions were technically right, but because he set them all up with his master plan vs truly predicted -- something like that

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
for at least half of the episode i thought the chick playing gaal was the same chick playing salvor and it was really, really confusing

its pretty dumb they setup gaal being asteroid-d last episode and don't show what happened. It reminds me of Westworld season 2 with all the various character intercuts to make the story confusing/mysterious. The show would be way, way better if every episode just focused on one period and group of characters, and just the last 2 minutes switched to a new perspective.

The casting choices for Salvor and Gaal, in light for how this is being told, is very confusing in general, but especially for non book readers. Overall though, very disappointed in the way story telling is being handled, choices being made on subplots and the character arcs (or lack thereof)

Harvest

Lord Nagafen Raider
Calling Gall return as the Mule/Mother of Mule.

I've actually...quite enjoyed this so far. Empire stuff is a cool change and just about works.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this isn't nearly as "woke" as I expected it to be and I'm not understanding the issues people are having with "following along", despite being blazed as shit when watching (sci-fi shows/movies are the BEST to watch when high - horror is great too).

I mean, it's certainly no Expanse seasons 1-3, but considering the level of dogshit most film is nowadays? This ain't bad.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Best whore they could find for the fucking emperor of the universe....

Untitled.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm enjoying this show as much as expected for what it is - it's just so silly though, half the casting is amazing half is just pants on head fucking retarded

• 1Like