Fuck Comcast

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
40 mins of straight up arguing to get a 70.00 tech charge removed, but I got those fuckers to finally remove it.

Really need to start recording my conversations. I will try to keep this as short as possible, first guy I talk to tells me you get charged if a tech comes to your house, I tell him he is wrong, then it was if they come to your house and the service is working already. 20 mins of telling him that is also wrong, and him saying he can only give me a refund of two dollars and fifty cents(two days of service) I request a supervisor.

Supervisor tells me I was charged because the tech worked on the wiring of the house, I tell her that isn't true, the last three techs that came out "worked" on the wiring(I was not charged), and the most recent one(AKA the "elite" tech they send on repeat problems) told me the wiring isn't the problem but it was all fucked up so he redid the initial work and he removed the splitter to the TV since we didn't have a box hooked up anyhow. So I was essentially charged for the bad work of the previous techs. The cherry on top was they gave me a 20.00 credit(for all the problems I have experienced over the months) AND the 70.00 charge on the same bill.

Also I am pretty sure the "elite" tech didn't really do anything in attic because it still looks like shit, thankfully the service has been working past week or so and I hope it continues because I REALLY hate dealing with every aspect of Comcast.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
40 mins of straight up arguing to get a 70.00 tech charge removed, but I got those fuckers to finally remove it.

Really need to start recording my conversations. I will try to keep this as short as possible, first guy I talk to tells me you get charged if a tech comes to your house, I tell him he is wrong, then it was if they come to your house and the service is working already. 20 mins of telling him that is also wrong, and him saying he can only give me a refund of two dollars and fifty cents(two days of service) I request a supervisor.

Supervisor tells me I was charged because the tech worked on the wiring of the house, I tell her that isn't true, the last three techs that came out "worked" on the wiring(I was not charged), and the most recent one(AKA the "elite" tech they send on repeat problems) told me the wiring isn't the problem but it was all fucked up so he redid the initial work and he removed the splitter to the TV since we didn't have a box hooked up anyhow. So I was essentially charged for the bad work of the previous techs. The cherry on top was they gave me a 20.00 credit(for all the problems I have experienced over the months) AND the 70.00 charge on the same bill.

Also I am pretty sure the "elite" tech didn't really do anything in attic because it still looks like shit, thankfully the service has been working past week or so and I hope it continues because I REALLY hate dealing with every aspect of Comcast.
You really do need to record every conversation with them. It took me a month to show that I actually payed my bill because they fucked up the billing when I upgraded service around 5 years back. I had to have the bank manager on the phone to ambush the comcast person saying that they were payed since bringing a fucking bank statement to the actual people in comcast payment centers wasn't enough.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So, as I previously reported, Comcast wanted to charge thousands of dollars to install their service to a building I work at. I called AT&T and told them I was likely going the Comcast route, and they said they'd have a tech out to sus the situation in the morning (currently had AT&T service, unsatisfied with speed). The tech came out, said they'd run new cable, upgrade us to U-Verse internet service, give us the promo pack deal if we tied the four phone lines in, and make that price last four years, guarantee of no increase in price for four years. I called Comcast, talked to the same dude I had talked to before, and he said, "Yeah, just go with AT&T. We're never going to do anything like that for you."

Awesome.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Comcast has totally beaten me down at this point. I don't even bother calling them any more when I have a problem because I don't have the patience to yell at some fucking guy over the phone for 2 hours to accomplish nothing. I just deal with it and try to fix it myself.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Comcast has totally beaten me down at this point. I don't even bother calling them any more when I have a problem because I don't have the patience to yell at some fucking guy over the phone for 2 hours to accomplish nothing. I just deal with it and try to fix it myself.
vstory.bush.banner.afp.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah that is being bullied into complacency, call them and deal with it. Fuck comcast.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

No idea what to do at this point...

I call they send a tech 3-5 days later, by the time they show up tech can't find the issue etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

No idea what to do at this point...

I call they send a tech 3-5 days later, by the time they show up tech can't find the issue etc.
Have you checked the signal strength when this occurs? The modem should have admin page that you can access if you google the model.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I pay 30/mo for Comcast in Houston and honestly I've had no complaints. Compared to AT&T and Buckeye in Ohio it's been great.

My coworkers here seem to hate Comcast, so I'm guessing it's more customer service than product, or some neighborhood with a few guys sucking your shared pipe dry.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Have you checked the signal strength when this occurs? The modem should have admin page that you can access if you google the model.
No, but I will.
I pay 30/mo for Comcast in Houston and honestly I've had no complaints. Compared to AT&T and Buckeye in Ohio it's been great.

My coworkers here seem to hate Comcast, so I'm guessing it's more customer service than product, or some neighborhood with a few guys sucking your shared pipe dry.
Doubt it every wifi connection in my area that shows up is 2wire(AKA ATT)

According to the internet it could be the cold that is causing the issues since it happens at 10PM to about 9AM and last night was low 30s, I almost believe it because if it barely rains all the fucking street lights go out.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Just realized that comcast has been charging me about $15 extra a month because when I originally signed up I got a TV+internet bundle and then later cancelled the TV and apparently when you do that it doesn't just lower your bill to the same price of buying internet only in the first place.

Color me rustled.

iannis

Musty Nester
According to the internet it could be the cold that is causing the issues since it happens at 10PM to about 9AM and last night was low 30s, I almost believe it because if it barely rains all the fucking street lights go out.
Oh my god. LOL IRL. I thought it was bad around here. If it rains, the phones get slower. Like all of it. Credit card transactions at the grocery store take longer when it's raining and, it's not that noticable anymore, but I've check it on dry days and rainy days and I speedtest better on dry days.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just another reason to get a real fiber backbone built in the US. None of this weather interference bullshit.