Fuck Comcast

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
damn, comcast upped their game in my medium sized town for free. I pay 60 a month, but thats with cable and HBOGO.

3739554376.png
Wait are you saying you pay $60 total for cable internet and HBO?

Juvarisx

Florida
I am paying 70 a month for 60/15 + hbo go + some other basic channels (comedy central, fox, espn) in butt fuck nowhere northern Florida with Comcast

rrr_img_76218.png

edit. its price locked for a year, with the option of another 2 but we might move after 1 so I cant take advantage of that sadly.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
One of the businesses for whom I do some work was considering moving to Comcast to up the internet speed considerably. They came and assessed the situation, and said that install would be $4,000, and the business would have to pay it. They would have to get the cable under a road and then go about 90 feet to the building.

Bastards.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
One of the businesses for whom I do some work was considering moving to Comcast to up the internet speed considerably. They came and assessed the situation, and said that install would be $4,000, and the business would have to pay it. They would have to get the cable under a road and then go about 90 feet to the building.

Bastards.
No other business on that same side of the road ? possibly splitting the install fee up some more, but at the same time... it's Comcast...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Bastards.
That blows. I looked into upgrading our shitty DSL at work a few years ago, and Comcast said they weren't even on our street, but would send a team out to look at it. It took awhile, but maybe two years later they ran it all up and down our mile long street with industrial buildings all along it (including tearing up half of the street to lay the cable). I realize they did it because there are probably 100'ish businesses that might get service now, but is yours the only one that it would get access because of it (I'm talking like other than through the street, but maybe they don't work that way)? There is obviously a point where it is worth it for them to do it themselves, and $4000 really doesn't sound like a lot (for Comcast that is, not you) if they can get a couple of other buildings interested as well.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Comcast did say they ate it for cost up to $2,000, but not higher. Yeah, the building is sitting kind of alone out there, though there is a school next door. I wonder what company the school uses. Maybe they can piggyback off that.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Comcast did say they ate it for cost up to $2,000, but not higher. Yeah, the building is sitting kind of alone out there, though there is a school next door. I wonder what company the school uses. Maybe they can piggyback off that.
The boring it takes to drill a conduit under a street is not cheap. That's why there is that kind of cost in that situation.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Good luck getting that, I've been trying to piggy back off of the fibre line they ran right in front of my house sense they ran the damn thing, nobody's on it, and they won't let anyone on it either grrrrr.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Fucking A with those pings. I get about 70 down and 10 up in central Florida but my ping on speed tests is 40-50. In games I average 60-70
frown.png

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So my Grandpa has Comcast TV but Centurylink internet running Windows Xp. He likes to use hisToshiba DVR620KUto record football games to watch later.

Apparently he can record stations like ESPN etc, but when he tries to record local stations (Football) the DVR won't allow him as he gets the error message "This program is unable to be recorded" E25.

I contacted Comcast about this and after a 2 minute "network" scan, the rep informed me that there was anCSRSS.exe virusthat was "interfering" with the signal and that the issue was on our end. He informed me that they contract out to a 3rd party to fix this and once I was transferred to said 3 party, they would be able to set up a firewall to block the virus for $200. (Dafuq.jpeg)

First off how did a virus get on my grandpa's DVR and how is it only blocking certain signals? I know some of you work or worked at Comcast, so my question is, is this a scam or what? Is it even possible to get a virus on a DVR, or TV, or xfinity box? My grandpa did say that he tried to hook up the DVR to the computer so I guess it is possible it got a virus, but how the hell could Comcast "scan" my grandpas "network"? Is that even possible over a co-axle cable?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
That is what I thought because only the TV was hooked up to the "network" and the computer is no where near it. I thought Comcast could unflag or whatever the feed but at this point I'm about to just buy my gramps a cheap TV card for his computer to record the games

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Comcast just gave me a new promotional deal. 55.99 for the 100 up and 10-15 down depends on the day. Not bad. To bad Sunday ticket is DTV exclusive or i would have took the 70 with basic cable and HBO with HBOGo. Damn you NFL>

I contacted Comcast about this and after a 2 minute "network" scan, the rep informed me that there was anCSRSS.exe virusthat was "interfering" with the signal and that the issue was on our end. He informed me that they contract out to a 3rd party to fix this and once I was transferred to said 3 party, they would be able to set up a firewall to block the virus for $200. (Dafuq.jpeg)
Where did you get the phone number for Comcast? Did you use your grandfathers computer to find it?

This sounds a lot like an issue I had to fix yesterday for the women who runs our daycare. She's got an HP printer that's broken and called up HP customer support. They used the remote access software that got installed with the printer driver to access her PC and told her she had a virus that was preventing access to the printer, and that they could remove it for $300. Fortunately her bullshit detector went off at this point and she hung up. I looked at her system and she had a browser hijack installed that was redirecting her to a fake HP website, which is where she got the customer service number. Pretty clever, I bet a lot of people fall for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man my bill went up $10 in the course of a month..

Trying to track it down and it's just a few cents here and there. Fucking nickel and dime-ing me over here.

Paying $170 for the X1 on a single TV, phone, and internet.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Suddenlink is fighting with Viacom. Viacom tried to jack up the rates by 50% but Suddenlink told them to fuck off and dropped them. So now I have no Comedy Central. I am probably going to go back to satellite now but I don't want to get fucked by Suddenlinks 250gb bandwidth cap on their internet if I drop my tv.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd just wait it out. These things usually work themselves out after a couple weeks.