Power Level:
Channel 1: 45.9 dBmV
Channel 2: 44.9 dBmV
Channel 3: 43.4 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

Will check again in a few hours.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Just realized that comcast has been charging me about $15 extra a month because when I originally signed up I got a TV+internet bundle and then later cancelled the TV and apparently when you do that it doesn't just lower your bill to the same price of buying internet only in the first place.

Color me rustled.
Call them and tell them they were charging you that shit and make them go back and correct it. They usually do. I know they tried to charge me like 109 bucks af ew months ago, i told them you all are crazy and well they credited my next few bills which iw as ok with since i was paying like 30 bucks a month for 100mb line for a few months.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just realized that comcast has been charging me about $15 extra a month because when I originally signed up I got a TV+internet bundle and then later cancelled the TV and apparently when you do that it doesn't just lower your bill to the same price of buying internet only in the first place.

Color me rustled.
What's bullshit is these fuckers basically force you to take their bundled bullshit. At least here in Atlanta they charge you more for a lower speed internet than they charge you for a higher speed internet bundled with their garbage cable service.

They don't want people using Netflix because more and more people are cutting their TV subscriptions and Comcast wants you to use their Video on Demand service or pay for movies from them... Funny how that shit is never throttled, one of the biggest changes they need to make is not allowing ISP's to also produce content since it's a complete conflict of interest.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Currently
Channel 1: 7.6 dBmV 35.6 dB
Channel 2: 8.5 dBmV 34.8 dB
Channel 3: 9.1 dBmV 35.1 dB
Channel 4: 9.4 dBmV 35.2 dB
Channel 5: 9.7 dBmV 35.8 dB
Channel 6: 8.7 dBmV 35.6 dB
Channel 7: 7.7 dBmV 35.6 dB
Channel 8: 8.8 dBmV 36.1 dB

Upstream Channels
Power Level:
Channel 1: 45.9 dBmV
Channel 2: 44.9 dBmV
Channel 3: 43.4 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

Will check again in a few hours.
I believe those are good numbers, that's representative of normal operation? Another thing to check is "errored codewords" or something similar. Basically, packets that the modem couldn't understand and had to be resent. You want that number as low as possible.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I believe those are good numbers, that's representative of normal operation? Another thing to check is "errored codewords" or something similar. Basically, packets that the modem couldn't understand and had to be resent. You want that number as low as possible.
yeah 95 down 25 up with those numbers, didn't cut out last night so nothing to compare it to yet.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So the tech aren't even bothering to show up now... Scheduled for 3-5 Thursday and nothing, which means I get to call them again, yay...

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
A high school buddy of mine works for Comcast. He regularly sleeps in his truck, he even has a pillow. This pillow got him a promotion and an award from Comcast.

He was ready to dose off one day when he saw a man get hit by a car. The car sped off and he got the lisence plate. He used his pillow to make the hit man comfortable while waiting for the police/ambulance. Thean and his family wrote comcast about what he did, and as a result the guy got an award from Comcast and a promotion.

Maybe the tech you had coming saved someone's life, but really they are lazy assholes who also get free internet and cable.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I remember in college my professor saying a station wagon traveling down the interstate at 70mph full of 3.5" floppes (or CD's I can't remember) had more data carrying/delivery capacity than the entire internet at the time.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is what happens when there is no competition
Do it Comcast. Doooo eeeeit. Nothing will change laws faster then when you start raping people with fees worse then you already do. Go ahead and go for broke. People will vote together when you start universally fucking them, their business, their entertainment, and your competitors all at once. The Internet is quickly becoming as brittle to prices changes as gas. Each marginal dollar you add to your pockets is a dollar taken out of some other business who WILL see it on their bottom line. it will be Comcast lobby vs the fucking world.

Doooo eeeiiiit

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Do it Comcast. Doooo eeeeit. Nothing will change laws faster then when you start raping people with fees worse then you already do. Go ahead and go for broke. People will vote together when you start universally fucking them, their business, their entertainment, and your competitors all at once. The Internet is quickly becoming as brittle to prices changes as gas. Each marginal dollar you add to your pockets is a dollar taken out of some other business who WILL see it on their bottom line. it will be Comcast lobby vs the fucking world.

Doooo eeeiiiit
south-park-s17e02c05-the-cable-company-runaround-16x9.jpg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Doooo eeeiiiit
I think you have to much faith in people being able to vote. Comcast will just continue to do what they always do.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I remember in college my professor saying a station wagon traveling down the interstate at 70mph full of 3.5" floppes (or CD's I can't remember) had more data carrying/delivery capacity than the entire internet at the time.
He was quoting Andrew Tanenbaum, Computer Networks, 4th edition.

It is also still true. Sneakernet is by far the fastest way to transfer large amount of data. And will be until about 2040, if this is correct:

FedEx Bandwidth

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I think I'm going to start monitoring my up/down speed and pay comcast a percentage of my total bill based on the percentage of the advertised speed I am getting. I'll explain to them that I can't promise to pay that full amount on my bill every month due to a number of factors but might pay up to that amount.

Oldbased

> Than U
Time Warner who is almost as crazy as Comcast gets around that by offering a package and giving you 10% more. For example currently I am back on 30 speed and get 33.