Fuck Comcast

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
gHAunwI.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I would believe that's true, but I also believe it probably would have heard about it by now given how reviled Comcast is.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Can't even give Comcast money. Put on hold twice for 45 minutes just to get disconnected when trying to upgrade my services followed by being billed over $900 in early termination fees when I was, again, just upgrading my services. This was followed by, again, 2 45ish minute phone calls straightening this mess out. I wish I had a monopoly. Thanks Comcast.

Arative

Vyemm Raider

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Also, anyone that would trust a company like Comcast to keep them safe is pretty stupid.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I am moving across the cities in July and just found out that Centurylink is not available there and that I have to go back to Comcast. RAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe they hit their alarm cap for the month and weren't able to get any more alarms until the next billing cycle.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Probably safer with a good trained guard dog than an alarm system.

Maybe they hit their alarm cap for the month and weren't able to get any more alarms until the next billing cycle.
They probably tried to move up to the next tier of protection and Comcast deactivated them instead.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
comcast fucked up on my monthly bill. for some reason it was 79 bucks for 100mb internet, and the highest teir cable package along with showtime/hbo. lol Comcast is all over the place at times, they fucked up my order so bad alot of bitching, to get it straightened out though. Im iffy on them right now, but my monthly bill is so cheap, hard to want to spend more money with direct tv for just sooooo much less.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Wanted to record the NBA Finals, a live event. Just one episode gives you the option to end the recording up to an hour and a half later than scheduled, which is great! Oh, want to set up a series of recordings for live events? Can only end the recording up to 5 minutes late.

Their old system was shitty, but to replace it with something that has so many basic, fundamental issues is astonishing.

Oh yeah, like I found out the other day when you hit record watching live tv it no longer records what was previously being saved (would just turn the blue bar red and it was saved). You can rewind it and watch it again, but can't record it. Pretty fucking annoying and pointless to remove that feature.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wanted to record the NBA Finals, a live event. Just one episode gives you the option to end the recording up to an hour and a half later than scheduled, which is great! Oh, want to set up a series of recordings for live events? Can only end the recording up to 5 minutes late.

Their old system was shitty, but to replace it with something that has so many basic, fundamental issues is astonishing.

Oh yeah, like I found out the other day when you hit record watching live tv it no longer records what was previously being saved (would just turn the blue bar red and it was saved). You can rewind it and watch it again, but can't record it. Pretty fucking annoying and pointless to remove that feature.
Their whole system now seems like it is just cloud based. When you're recording a show I actually think it just pulls it from the cloud rather than being saved anywhere. I am thinking with live events it actually records it on your box.

Purely speculation on my part, but it is fucking horribly designed.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Hrm, could be. It's hard to tell because the entire system is so sluggish and unresponsive. Compared to previously when you recorded a show it would start/stop/pause all respectably well. Now, even a show that is supposedly recorded, it sluggish as shit and about impossible to pause on titties, which is annoying.

I've also noticed that non-live tv has no issue being watched while recorded, but with live events, I'll very often get playback issues like stuttering and sound hiccups if I'm watching the live event as it's recording. So what you say makes sense, it could be grabbing 'recorded' regular shows in a glorified on-demand/cloud system (and the playback is so shoddy I've been curious why they don't just have reminders saved that link to the show instead of 'recording' it if it even is), then when it actually has to record a live event it sucks ass like it can barely manage. Very different responsiveness and experiences between live and non-live programming, so I think you're onto something.

Whatev way they managed to botch the X1 system, they did, and I hope some Comcast exec somewhere gets karma butt cancer for their shitty efforts.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The other day I tried calling Comcast to cancel my service. I called 10 times. I was disconnected from the call while being transferred to a human. Every. Single. Time.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Bump to admit I miss Comcast. Been staying with family and holy shit Charter is bad. They're similar to pre-X1 Comcast, but even worse as Charter has shit on demand, and much of what they do have is only offered in standard def (The Walking Dead on SD with the image still stretched funny makes it hard to watch that show). Old shitty style DVR where you can only record 2 programs at a time.... if not watching live TV. The DVR where I'm staying has at least one program on it at all times that inexplicably won't delete for weeks. On their website pricing things and they offer "free DVR service" but it took me a while to realize you still had to pay for the DVR box.... free service? I'm the one pressing the fucking record button on two shows at a time! They even still advertise "Free HD channels" as if that shouldn't be standard these days in anywhere civilized.

with Charter "Spectrum" they're trying a whole Xfinity rebrand sort of thing like Comcast did. Result of that: I've been over to my Girlfriend's Grandparents' house like 3 times since the change to fix their computer, usually email, because the Spectrum changeover broke everything.

Fucking bad bad bad. But people tell me their customer service is great! Sucks if the only service I want is decent TV, I guess.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's all the same shit really Comcast, Charter, Time Warner, Verizon, they all lobby to keep the broken system in place. Maybe we can tell ISIS members that the heads of these companies draw pictures of the prophet muhammad and they can start blowing those cocksuckers up instead of shooting randomly at malls and shit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bump to admit I miss Comcast. Been staying with family and holy shit Charter is bad. They're similar to pre-X1 Comcast, but even worse as Charter has shit on demand, and much of what they do have is only offered in standard def (The Walking Dead on SD with the image still stretched funny makes it hard to watch that show). Old shitty style DVR where you can only record 2 programs at a time.... if not watching live TV. The DVR where I'm staying has at least one program on it at all times that inexplicably won't delete for weeks. On their website pricing things and they offer "free DVR service" but it took me a while to realize you still had to pay for the DVR box.... free service? I'm the one pressing the fucking record button on two shows at a time! They even still advertise "Free HD channels" as if that shouldn't be standard these days in anywhere civilized.

with Charter "Spectrum" they're trying a whole Xfinity rebrand sort of thing like Comcast did. Result of that: I've been over to my Girlfriend's Grandparents' house like 3 times since the change to fix their computer, usually email, because the Spectrum changeover broke everything.

Fucking bad bad bad. But people tell me their customer service is great! Sucks if the only service I want is decent TV, I guess.
This is literally the same with every cable company. If you think Comcast is any better I wonder if you have had recent head trauma.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Verizon, like most of the cellular companies that branched into internet/TV, are trying to offload all of their old copper infrastructure and focus on wireless cause it's way more profitable to overcharge and tack on fees for that. That's also the reason why they stopped their FiOS expansions because the margins are not as filthy rich and it requires too much connectivity through non-fiber segments which is decaying and needs a bunch of maintenance before even considering upgrades. Everyone wants to be like the banks racking up ATM fees and making passive money rather than fielding techs on the ground in every region. Which also hurts the job market for IT guys because whoever they sell or outsource it to are not going to any better so welcome to rotating door of clueless engineers and indian call centers.