(G)rape Vanning

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Titan_Atlas Titan_Atlas

For the bed situation you really have two options. A futon thing you all plop out on or this is perfect if you really want bunks.

s-l300.jpg

Navy Berthing Racks

Literally designed to stack in small spaces and cheap as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Titan_Atlas Titan_Atlas

For the bed situation you really have two options. A futon thing you all plop out on or this is perfect if you really want bunks.

s-l300.jpg

Navy Berthing Racks

Literally designed to stack in small spaces and cheap as fuck.
Those are nice. I was leaning towards doing a custom wood system with a wall kitchen and storage that comes out of the back doors. Slide out prep areas, marine refrigerator, running 2 170 solar panels on the roof. Then build the interior with a dual bunk system with a table in between, a fold down bed extender that creates a full/queen out of the bottom bunks. That gets the kitchen setup out of the interior. I haven't seen any buildouts like I have envisioned so I will have to see if it works. Most van people are single or young couples so they don't have to plan around small children. It's an interesting project, but honestly I want to be mobile. Living in a hyper Leftist area I'd prefer options if things get weird.

• 1EyeRoll

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am not super handy myself so I am not sure if I am willing to buy tons of tools to build a lot of stuff. Shopping around for used customs on ebay has a lot of options IMO. A bit pricey but r/vandwellers has some pretty nice cheap ideas too.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Get you a nice late 70's-early 80's Chevy conversion van, everything's already laid out nicely. I used to have one of these, lived out of it for a few years.

APTOPIX-Airbnb-on-Whe_Shew_1.jpg

fa0fba015ef7e0b13a129122d4c67f53--conversion-van-chevy-vans.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Get you a nice late 70's-early 80's Chevy conversion van, everything's already laid out nicely. I used to have one of these, lived out of it for a few years.

APTOPIX-Airbnb-on-Whe_Shew_1.jpg

fa0fba015ef7e0b13a129122d4c67f53--conversion-van-chevy-vans.jpg

This is what I was thinking. These older ones. Even fully rebuilt Wesfalia Vanagons from the 80's only cost like $22k. I do absolutely hate the 70's style interior but that isn't that big of a deal to change out. I like Gravel Gravel 's Ram Promaster suggestion because realistically anytime I use this I'll be lugging around at least two bicycles and all of my skydiving shit.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
This is my Van called the N....r D..K or the Bang Bus
Yes i call it that, cause it's big and black and my wife loves it.
8 seater with seats all folding flat front to back, fits a queen size bed in no problem
Great for holidays and travelling, 4WD too

ND 2.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Dude calls his black van the n word and his family likes it and makes jokes? wow I hate this country so much. :/

• 4Smuggly
  • 4SJW
  • 2Like
Reactions: 14 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude calls his black van the n word and his family likes it and makes jokes? wow I hate this country so much. :/

Are you blaming America for this? Because I don't think Mitsubishi Delica's were even sold in the states. Most Mitsu's were rebadged as Dodge.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
A thread after my own heart. Here's the inside of my Ford transit that I've turned into a roaming water sport mobile. At any one time there's an assortment of surfboards, paddleboards, kiteboarding gear, etc. along with a shit ton of sand.

IMG_1652.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users