Gaming and general purpose monitors

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Great deal right now on this monitor. 376.99, link doesn't show up properly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This came.

Has 1 stuck pixel that shows green on black screens but can't be seen on any other color screen. Small defect on the outer left edge.

Might ask Amazon to send a replacement.

Otherwise, holy fucking shitballs this thing is insane. Like I've said before, there is no comparison between a hardware G-Sync module (like I had on my S2716DG and now this) and G-Sync compatible like I had on my LG monitors. Doom Eternal and HZD look absolutely insane with the G-Sync at very high refresh rates.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Model 32GN63T-B
Costco online $250
1637883376929.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any good recommendations for a 27-inch monitor that is cheap? It's just a secondary display to replace my 25-inch, LG ultra-wide that looks weird sitting next to my 27 inch, "gaming" monitor. I don't give a shit about refresh rate or any of that. It's literally just there to hold spreadsheets for work, Discord, websites, etc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any good recommendations for a 27-inch monitor that is cheap? It's just a secondary display to replace my 25-inch, LG ultra-wide that looks weird sitting next to my 27 inch, "gaming" monitor. I don't give a shit about refresh rate or any of that. It's literally just there to hold spreadsheets for work, Discord, websites, etc.
1440p or 1080p?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1080p is fine, honestly.
So I've checked, and found out there are basically no good cheap monitors for office work, and therefore you should just buy this while it's on sale.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I've checked, and found out there are basically no good cheap monitors for office work, and therefore you should just buy this while it's on sale.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Saw a 27 inch, 75hz Samsung, but not really looking to spend $230+ on a "work" monitor. I'll probably just keep the 25 inch widescreen, even though the dimensions are triggering me next to my 27.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, the one I linked at least doubles well for playing 4K TV/streaming content next to your main gaming monitor.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Saw a 27 inch, 75hz Samsung, but not really looking to spend $230+ on a "work" monitor. I'll probably just keep the 25 inch widescreen, even though the dimensions are triggering me next to my 27.

have you tried it rotated 90 degrees? might be a bit better