Gaming and general purpose monitors

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What did you use to mount the case? Can’t really see in the pic.
Since this is an uplift desk when I bought it had:

It would work for most desks with decent wood though. It drills straight into it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also sleevedraw sleevedraw Uplift is good quality and a local Austin company. I have been very satisfied with their stuff if you're in the market for desks.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Also sleevedraw sleevedraw Uplift is good quality and a local Austin company. I have been very satisfied with their stuff if you're in the market for desks.

I’ve been W@H since pre-COVID in 2019, and I got a Lively. It‘s worked pretty well. Though if I get a second one for my bedroom, I’ll definitely file under advisement, thanks. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Haven't gamed yet but this has been really cool for working.

View attachment 453800

Thoughts on the PPI after some time using it? Seen a couple reviews now that recommend the 42/48" higher resolution screens rather than the 45" UWs. I've got the 48 but wouldn't use that for a primary. I'll probably wait until I can see one at Best Buy before considering pulling the trigger... but it's bonus season, we'll see if I can be patient once that hits my account.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Thoughts on the PPI after some time using it? Seen a couple reviews now that recommend the 42/48" higher resolution screens rather than the 45" UWs. I've got the 48 but wouldn't use that for a primary. I'll probably wait until I can see one at Best Buy before considering pulling the trigger... but it's bonus season, we'll see if I can be patient once that hits my account.
I mean it seems good to me. I'll be trying Harry Potter Game 4k in some time to see how it really shines.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Best Buy has the Ultra Gear 45" OLED up for pre-order. Pickup on the sixth. Man am I tempted!!

Hey Josh. I submitted a change control. Do me a favor and run this thru for this Saturday 10PM EST. My director and VP are on vacation this week. No one on my team put the change control in for the work. I will do the changes myself, since no one volunteered. Should take about 30 minutes.

Reason: Currently all the media gateways in Ashburn and Las Vegas(seven in total) have IP's specific to only a particular default gateway. We need to change this to a virtual IP that has several IP's underneath that will allow the Avaya media gateway to choose the best route selection to said DG's. This is in an effort to improve call quality across the enterprise.

Risk: Low. Calls will not be able to grab DSP resources from those gateways if a path cannot be found thru the network. They would use the media servers in those particular data centers as resources which are configured also as DSP resources and multiple routes out.

Tests: Ping new IP’s from Avaya media gateways. Monitor for used DSP resources. Follow flow using Nectar for all network traffic.

Backout: Place original IP’s back in translations.
Throw your G450s in the trash. Also, weird switching arrangement; bet you end up with sporadic one-way audio problems due to ARP issues.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuckit...

1675319748085.png

• 2Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, I am looking for something in that size range, and don't really plan to run anything at 4k. I guess I will keep shopping around.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm tempted to get this to replace my LG-38GL950G-B. Only thing I'm worried about is the res of 3440x1440 at that size.

Mine shipped. Should be here Monday. I will let you know about that res. TBH, and fuck everyone in advance. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I might not be the best judge here.

1675487493585.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Otto

Mine shipped. Should be here Monday. I will let you know about that res. TBH, and fuck everyone in advance. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I might not be the best judge here.

View attachment 456908
Awesome, look forward to your opinion on it. My eyesight is terrible now and my glasses are so thick I get asked if I can see into the future with them.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users