Genshin Impact

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is this weeb shit that everyone is talking about, and should I care?

It is extremely weeb shit. Never played Breath of the Wild so can't make any comparisons there. It has some good open world exploration stuff, puzzles, etc. The combat isn't terrible, almost a poor man's Tales game, but that is like trying to say any RPG action combat is poor man's Tales. Pretty amazing for such a cross platform port. I've played on PC and on iOS mobile and it is wild going back and forth. Still prefer desktop to mobile controls.

I'm firmly in the "above average" camp but really like the open world stuff, have never had an issue with gacha mobile games, and weeb shit doesn't appeal to me but neither does it distract unless it is creepy sexual.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, I was able to log in to mobile and like 2 min after that the desktop client went through.
Were you getting a "failed to update" type error? I've had that happen a couple times, only way to get past it was to open up the game exe directly and bypass the launcher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is there any sort of intermediate guide? Got to ar21 last night and essentially all I’m doing right now is hitting the 4 daily quests and then progressing what quests I still have and exploring. Is there something else that I should also be doing?

Caliane

Is there any sort of intermediate guide? Got to ar21 last night and essentially all I’m doing right now is hitting the 4 daily quests and then progressing what quests I still have and exploring. Is there something else that I should also be doing?
farm weapon ascend mats probably is the first thing. then character ascend. you already get weapons and chars past 20?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
farm weapon ascend mats probably is the first thing. then character ascend. you already get weapons and chars past 20?
Chars, yes. Weapons, no. Most of my weapons are shit. What’s the best way to farm weapons?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Chars, yes. Weapons, no. Most of my weapons are shit. What’s the best way to farm weapons?

What do you mean when you say "shit?" Most of the 3* weapons are completely viable. Things like Bloodtainted Greatsword, Skyward Sword, Debate Club, White Tassel, Slingshot. You get a ton of dupes from them and can refine them to Rank 5 cheap and easy whereas the same can't be said for some of the 4*s and 5*s. Those are all basically common drops from chests while exploring.

Also do your -oculous to upgrade statues in each region and check your Handbook to see what to focus on next for more AR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What do you mean when you say "shit?" Most of the 3* weapons are completely viable. Things like Bloodtainted Greatsword, Skyward Sword, Debate Club, White Tassel, Slingshot. You get a ton of dupes from them and can refine them to Rank 5 cheap and easy whereas the same can't be said for some of the 4*s and 5*s. Those are all basically common drops from chests while exploring.

Also do your -oculous to upgrade statues in each region and check your Handbook to see what to focus on next for more AR.
I meant the non 3 star weapons that I have. I’m using debate club and slingshot for diluc and fischl, is it worth spending the resources upgrading 3 star weapons?

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I meant the non 3 star weapons that I have. I’m using debate club and slingshot for diluc and the electric archer girl who’s name I can’t remember right now, is it worth spending the resources upgrading 3 star weapons?
For Diluc, you can work on farming mats to make the 2H claymore (prototype one not whiteblind). I'd also look for any artifacts with +pyro and +atk.

I pulled Diluc yesterday who is now replacing Keqing as my main dps and he is just absurd. Fischl/Venti/Qiqi/Diluc is how I'm going to roll from now on. Subbing in Xianling for the 25% atk boost from double pyro on certain fights.

I love that unlike a ton of other bullshit mobile games I can just freely swap gear without paying retarded penalties.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For Diluc, you can work on farming mats to make the 2H claymore (prototype one not whiteblind). I'd also look for any artifacts with +pyro and +atk.

I pulled Diluc yesterday who is now replacing Keqing as my main dps and he is just absurd. Fischl/Venti/Qiqi/Diluc is how I'm going to roll from now on. Subbing in Xianling for the 25% atk boost from double pyro on certain fights.

I love that unlike a ton of other bullshit mobile games I can just freely swap gear without paying retarded penalties.
Diluc is definitely good but I hate how using his flame smash attacks sets everything around him on fire. Nothing is really hard so far fighting wise but I take a decent amount of my damage just setting myself on fire. I actually think I’m close to the prototype, just need to get some more ores.

What about abyss, I just unlocked that. Should I be doing anything there yet?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
TBH if his flame attacks didn't set things on fire I'd probably never use him outside of certain boss fights/abyss. I run around with diluc, mona (water travel sprint OP), jean, venti when exploring for all the utility and hate having to swap for puzzles =O.

You should try to clear floor 3 for the free xiangling. Otherwise you have 8 days before the upper floors reset and let me tell you they are hard if you aren't of appropriate level and have two nice squads.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I meant the non 3 star weapons that I have. I’m using debate club and slingshot for diluc and fischl, is it worth spending the resources upgrading 3 star weapons?
The 3*'s, no matter how high you get their refinement get outclassed by 4/5* weapons at higher upgrades. The damage just isn't there. Now for support characters, it won't matter too much.

Combat gets a bit tedious at world level 4, though mainly vs. Shielded / Shield Using mobs. Go up against a Fatui group without the correct elements in your team? Prepare for a 10m fight. The geo shield using churls are almost as bad if you don't have a geo character. I think this is the biggest fault the game has with combat and roaming the open world. It is highly likely you'll get into a fight that your team isn't prepared for. Sure, you'll win, but you can't overpower the mobs like you could at lower world levels and its just shitty.

Sadly, the game is now simply logging in for freebies, commissions and spending resin. I really, really hope they can have a consistent content release pace, but I am highly doubtful. If the Inazuma region isn't released with 1.1, I fear we won't see it til sometime next year, and all the other regions taking 6+ months each. Super fun game up til ar35/36, after that there just isn't a reason to play longer than it takes you to do commissions / resins and maybe mining.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gacha rolls.

You get free 4* Sword at ar10 if I recall, and you will probably get a blueprint for a 4* weapon when you defeat Stormterror. You can also buy the blueprints for each weapon type, there are a couple at Mondstadt, and the rest are down in Liyue. These are all really good weapons, check them out by going to a blacksmith. Pick the ones you like and will compliment your characters, then use the Interactive Map find the juicy spots to mine. The drop rate for more of the blueprints from Stormterror is fairly decent, so you can refine the weapons pretty easily.

If you have a Bow user in your team, grab the Compound Bow, its really nice, especially if you have Fischl (her Normal attack spam is borderline OP).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goals you want to work towards are; Clearing out your Adventure Book (and Battle Pass if you have it). Ignore the Domains (dungeons) that drop Artifacts, those are a waste of resin. Instead, concentrate on spending your resin on upgrade materials for your Characters, their Weapons and Talents (those unlock at ar25, I believe). All have Dungeon, Boss and Common items that you need. Also try to clear Spiral Abyss up to Floor 5, its a good source of one time Primogems.

The Dungeon items cycle from day to day, so each day look what is dropping and whether a character and/or weapon needs it. If so, run them til you have enough for ascension. Note you can use lower lvl versions of the items to craft the higher lvl ones, check the Alchemist table. Use the Interactive Maps monster farm route to get Common items (and some "boss" items that don't require resin).

Character ascension requires killing the Cube bosses, the Regisvines and Oceanide. So plan for that after you get the other materials done, or vice versa. I'd recommend killing the bosses before ranking up your world level to make it easier on yourself (the Crystals they drop can be upgraded into the next tier as well, so its not really a waste to kill them before upping world level).

So yea, basically login and do your Commissions, then make sure to spend 120 resin on whatever upgrade materials you need and which are dropping that day (if you need). Kill Stormterror and Wolf on Sunday since the Dungeons will drop be dropping all the various materials on Sunday, so its not really efficient to do them. If you happen to have all the needed materials to ascend your characters and their weapons, you could spend resin on the Ley Lines, mainly the Revelation one that drops the xp books (the Gold one isn't worth it til WL4.

Once your resin is depleted for the day, I would use the Interactive Map to go find all the Oculi for Mondstadt / Liyue and whatever else you want to look for, chests included.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have like 20ish Fragile Resin for refills. Haven’t ever used on bc was saving until higher level. Wonder if it is worth it to pop a few at WR3. Also sat on a bunch of those shrine keys too because wasn’t sure if they scaled with WR or ever reset. Also haven’t used any currency Sigils from either region.

At 31 just kind of hanging out. May try and focus on some of the crafting 4* weapons bc Zindan’s post has me intrigued. Need to check out that bow for my Fischl. And see if a Claymore is worth it for Razor as my primary DPS.

Also this damn 1600 resin for the Weekly BP is crazy. That’s, what, ~230 a day? Almost requires using fragile resin or primo for refills.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if they don't change the resin refill rate or amount stored in some form it's probably the one thing that will keep me from playing between content updates. I am not down with doing daily wizard chores. I've used some of my fragile resin to get the char ascend mats but trying to save them for when I can reliably farm the gladiator set pieces.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have like 20ish Fragile Resin for refills. Haven’t ever used on bc was saving until higher level. Wonder if it is worth it to pop a few at WR3. Also sat on a bunch of those shrine keys too because wasn’t sure if they scaled with WR or ever reset. Also haven’t used any currency Sigils from either region.

At 31 just kind of hanging out. May try and focus on some of the crafting 4* weapons bc Zindan’s post has me intrigued. Need to check out that bow for my Fischl. And see if a Claymore is worth it for Razor as my primary DPS.

Also this damn 1600 resin for the Weekly BP is crazy. That’s, what, ~230 a day? Almost requires using fragile resin or primo for refills.
Chests don't scale with WL, so go ahead and open the Shrines. Also, buy out the Souvenir shops in both requires, they do not refresh, so its one and done. Use whatever left over sigils to buy Mora.

The weekly resin requirement is pissing a lot of people off, so I'm hoping it is changed. Even if the addition of daily resin rewards that may be coming with 1.1 won't help that much. I spent most of my fragile resins last night getting to ar35 and ascending my primary team. To save yourself some angst, its best just to play casually, spend the 120 and then just do whatever.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not almost, it does require refills. There's only 1260 normal resin per week. The battle pass is just retarded. Most people probably didn't hit AR20 before the weekly reset, so it's going to be nigh impossible for them to complete the pass without spending more money on top of the $10 it cost, or at least wasting their fragile resin pre-AR40 which is equally bad.

---------------------------
My current setup at AR26 if anyone has advice:
L48 Diluc - L50 Prototype Aminus (Rank 2) / 4pc Berserker
L48 Xiangling - L20 Halberd (Rank 2) / 2pc Berserker + 2pc Sojourner
L48 Fischl - L40 Sacrificial Bow (Rank 1) / 4pc Instructor
L40 Barbara - L40 Prototype Malice (Rank 1) or L20 Thrilling Tales (Rank 5) / 4pc Exile

Not too worried about artifacts, I'll replace them eventually with the good stuff once I'm at least AR35 and don't have anything else to do with resin. I think I'm alright as far as weapons go, though Xiangling is pretty annoying. I have opened 359 chests in Liyue and still only have gotten 2 halberds (of course I got 6 White Tassels, but it's not nearly as good). I don't really like either crafted option or the one from starglitter, and while I could just get the battle pass for the spear, I really don't think t's worth choosing over the bow (or sword but I don't have any sword users besides MC). I'm closing in on the pity 5* from Venti banner now, so not knowing yet whether I'm going to get him, a Diluc dupe, or some other consolation prize that I don't really want unless it's Qiqi kind of complicates things. I also wonder how they are going to let people rank up unique weapons like the battle pass ones, seems like a pretty big oversight at the moment.

Barbara mostly uses the 3* book, but I swap to the crafted one whenever she is actually doing damage or if she's going to be using her Q often enough to get the benefit.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So it turns out my connection issues were all on my end. For some goddamn reason my PS4's (and only the PS4) connection to my wifi is highly unstable despite being 10' from the router and I never noticed because I don't play any multiplayer on it. Connection is rock solid when wired. I guess I need to grab a networking switch to add some more ports.

Got Venti today, which was nice. Maybe I'll be able to complete the AR 25 ascension quest now. I would always be unable to finish off the boss when it went in to heal mode. I would lag when trying to switch characters to kill off the parts that split off it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not almost, it does require refills. There's only 1260 normal resin per week. The battle pass is just retarded. Most people probably didn't hit AR20 before the weekly reset, so it's going to be nigh impossible for them to complete the pass without spending more money on top of the $10 it cost, or at least wasting their fragile resin pre-AR40 which is equally bad.

---------------------------
My current setup at AR26 if anyone has advice:
L48 Diluc - L50 Prototype Aminus (Rank 2) / 4pc Berserker
L48 Xiangling - L20 Halberd (Rank 2) / 2pc Berserker + 2pc Sojourner
L48 Fischl - L40 Sacrificial Bow (Rank 1) / 4pc Instructor
L40 Barbara - L40 Prototype Malice (Rank 1) or L20 Thrilling Tales (Rank 5) / 4pc Exile

Not too worried about artifacts, I'll replace them eventually with the good stuff once I'm at least AR35 and don't have anything else to do with resin. I think I'm alright as far as weapons go, though Xiangling is pretty annoying. I have opened 359 chests in Liyue and still only have gotten 2 halberds (of course I got 6 White Tassels, but it's not nearly as good). I don't really like either crafted option or the one from starglitter, and while I could just get the battle pass for the spear, I really don't think t's worth choosing over the bow (or sword but I don't have any sword users besides MC). I'm closing in on the pity 5* from Venti banner now, so not knowing yet whether I'm going to get him, a Diluc dupe, or some other consolation prize that I don't really want unless it's Qiqi kind of complicates things. I also wonder how they are going to let people rank up unique weapons like the battle pass ones, seems like a pretty big oversight at the moment.

Barbara mostly uses the 3* book, but I swap to the crafted one whenever she is actually doing damage or if she's going to be using her Q often enough to get the benefit.
Looks alright to me. I don't care for any of the current 4* polearms, a max refined Halberd is alright, though it will have less max Atk than a 4*. Latest rumors from NA/EU beta testers is that Diluc, Venti and Fischl are getting a nerf; Diluc / Fischl atk speed gets slower, while the cost of Venti's Ult goes from 60 to 80. I'd be really surprised if those really go through. The BP Bow is pretty nice on paper, I have Rust which is good enough for me.

Artifacts seem like a waste of resin to farm for until ar36+, so I would just go for whichever pieces offer the best Atk mods. You might want to wait on rolling the Venti banner until we find out what the next banner will be, since the pity count will carry over, and its been strongly suggested we're getting 4 new characters.