Genshin Impact

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like the Standard banner is being updated for Global release to not have any 4*/5* weapons in its pool, though I'm not 100% about that right now. If so, that makes it a lot more appealing since its another shot at nice 5*, or dupes for 4* characters.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Really like these behind behind the music deals for movies, neat to see how it's done for the game. Great score.
The Art, Music and VA for the game is really top notch. They had to have spent a LOT of money to get all the JP voice actors that they did.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Downloaded it on PC, will try it. Saw some videos that said that ultimately it is a single player action RPG with limited coop if you want. No real P2W since there is no multiplayer/pvp. The gacha parts is mainly only tied to trying new characters, weapons, but you can do most/all content without any characters not gotten through regular play.

Glad I did the pre-load though, took nearly 5 hours. I think the max speed I got was 1.5mb, but usually less.

Strange to release it on a Sunday tough, usually games are released for weekends. Actually Monday here since it doesn't release until 3am.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its based on CN schedule, so official release for China is their Monday, and for NA its tonight at 10pm EST.

Molten Core Raider
My PC pre-load is agonizingly slow, something around 300kbps. No way the pc will be ready at launch tonight. Guess it'll give me time for you guys to determine which banner is worth the investment of our freebie goodies

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, like Droigan I've capped out at about 1.5 max. It has taken quite a while. Mobile download was much faster. Thanks for posting the start time, hadn't looked for that yet.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
On PC controller menu for forwards and back is swapped for A and B / X and O. Don't see any way to change it. It's playing havoc with my muscle memory. On the plus side, it registered that I am using a DS4, so it displays the correct buttons. Too many games require a mod to do that. Don't know how keyboard and mouse is, as I swapped to controller immediately. First new character I got to (15 minutes in) uses a bow that has aim though, so might switch depending on if it actually requires precision aiming.

As for the game, it runs really well. On a 1080gtx I can actually run it in 4k and it is really smooth. It looks great. Everything is at max (turned motion blur off). Voice acting seems good (while very anime). Extreme Breath of the Wild vibes at the start. Pick up things for food, the chests tied to clearing camps, climbing trees for apples / birds nests with eggs. But without weapon durability!

I have no idea what the currencies and such I pick up are. Only like 30 minutes in.

First impression is certainly good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was going to do a late nighter and put in a few hours but was exhausted and decided sleep was more appealing. Probably 30 minutes in as well but looking forward to going back today. The X / O thing for cancel / confirm tripped me up, have to fall back to JP RPG muscle memory since all the old ones worked like that. Yeah the controller customization doesn’t seem to do anything.

Molten Core Raider
So for those of you that are in the game, what's the banner situation look like? Any idea where we should be spending our freebie stuff?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, sadly you still cannot change any of the keybinds for some reason, even though you can access a menu to do so. Got to AR7 last night on the PS4 and did my rolls, didn't get anything I'd like unfortunately (Noelle, Razor and Bennet). The PS4 Pro is capped at 30fps, so I think I'll play on PC.

If you're on PC, and don't mind putting in the time to "reroll" you can do so by just making usernames instead of having to make emails each time. Makes that step easy at least. Following a "speedrun" guide to hit AR7 takes about 25-30min, I'll do that a few times before I say F-it and take what I get.

There are a few Currencies to be aware of:
Primogems - These are the basic currency that you get from doing everything in the game. It takes 160 of them to do 1 roll on the Standard Banner, or to buy other currency.

Acquaint Fate - This the currency needed to make rolls on the Beginner / Standard Banner. Takes 160 Primogems per 1 AF, which is 1 roll.

Intertwined Fate - This is the currency for the Limited Banners, currently Venti banner. Takes 160 Primogems per 1 IF, which is 1 roll.

Original Resin - This is the "stamina" currency. You have 120 Stamina to use each day, and it regens at 1pt per 8min (I think). You can buy stamina refreshes 6 times/day, each getting more expensive, you need Primogems to purchase them.

Those are all I can think of that you should be aware of. If you like the game, I would advise buying the "Blessing of Welkin" for $5. This will give you 300 Primogems immediately, and 90/day for 30 days. so 3000 Primogems in total. There is also a Battle Pass with a Free track and Paid track. These give you some Primogems and AF/IF, and also lots of various materials. The Paid track costs $10 and basically doubles the rewards, but I think it will reset after 48 days, so only get the Paid track if you plan on playing that long since you have to be doing the various daily requirements to lvl it up. You can pay $20 and you start the BP at lvl10 (if you're lvl11, it won't add 10 levels, it just starts you at lvl10).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So for those of you that are in the game, what's the banner situation look like? Any idea where we should be spending our freebie stuff?
Complete the Beginner banner, after that you can try the Limited banner or just save up for some other banner. The beginner banner will give you Noelle and 1 other random character. My rerolls so far have been rather underwhelming, but then my controller dropped off my desk and broke the usb connector, so I'm pausing for a bit until I get back home with a new controller, lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So my gaming group wants to play this, but they mentioned that the anti-cheat doesn't turn off when you quit the game. Kind of makes me not want to play this shit at all.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So my gaming group wants to play this, but they mentioned that the anti-cheat doesn't turn off when you quit the game. Kind of makes me not want to play this shit at all.
Wow, fucking deal breaker right there. Maybe I'll try it on Switch. Allowing a Chinese company to install 24 hour spyware lmao what could go wrong?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a post on reddit saying it does turn off but could just be china shills. Anyway this looked somewhat fun but it looked way too loaded with F2P/gatcha bullshit for me to enjoy.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Their official statement:

We have looked into this issue and would like to clarify the following:
  1. After closing the game, the anti-cheat program only reads system information; it does not process, save, or upload information in any way whatsoever.
  2. After closing the game, the anti-cheat program continues to run in order to prevent the use of certain external plug-ins that operate when the game is closed; this is to help protect the fairness of Genshin Impact for all players.

Doesn't get much clearer than that.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Their official statement:

Doesn't get much clearer than that.

”Dear Travelers,

We had previously received feedback from some players that when opening Genshin Impact client on PC, the game's anti-cheat program would automatically run in the background, and that the anti-cheat program would continue to run after exiting or uninstalling the game.

This issue has now been resolved. The game's anti-cheat program will immediately end once the game client is closed or uninstalled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We will do our utmost to prevent such issues from occurring again in the future, and will continue optimizing our workflow to bring the highest-quality gaming experience possible to all of our Travelers.”

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a post on reddit saying it does turn off but could just be china shills. Anyway this looked somewhat fun but it looked way too loaded with F2P/gatcha bullshit for me to enjoy.
You really don't need to spend anything. The characters you get via the Story, via free rolls and events are able to clear everything. You can follow a guide, like I did, that will let you do as many rerolls as you'd like until you get whatever character you want. You can make accounts just by creating new usernames, no email required. Here are links to what where you can create account usernames, and the speedrun guide I used. Took me 5 rerolls to get a 5* character I had wanted:

Username Accounts

Guide

Release events have been pretty generous so far.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying this so far but still on the hunt for 5*

Doesn't seem critical (enjoying Xiangliang or whatever, and the Ninguang chick), but I want what I want. I love that it syncs between pc/ipad/phone with just the username account. Is there a way to add it to an e-mail later or just username?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried to link the username account I am keeping to one of my emails, but I had already registered that specific email so it wouldn't let me. Not sure if there are benefits to having it linked to an actual email or not.

Yea, I am really enjoying the exploration aspect of the game, and once I get better at swapping characters to pop their skills to take advantage of the elemental combos, I'll enjoy it even more.