Genshin Impact

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Does gliding ever become more useful for travel? I'm adventure 15 and right now it just feels like a breakfall.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just pulled a Qiqi, adios Barbara!!

Up to AR 23 now, still really loving this game. Can't believe this is a mobile gacha - playing on pc is absolutely fantastic. If I could only figure out why I continue to get little hitches/stutters every now and then I'd be over the moon.

Great game.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Really loving this. Up to AR 24... next story quest isn't until ar 29 i think... but lots of world to discover yet.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a dodge mechanic in this game? I read that you can tap sprint to dodge, but it doesn't seem to work. Haven't really needed it so far, but feel like at some point combat will require dodging (only ar10 right now)

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Is there a dodge mechanic in this game? I read that you can tap sprint to dodge, but it doesn't seem to work. Haven't really needed it so far, but feel like at some point combat will require dodging (only ar10 right now)

I've been using sprint as a dodge, but it doesn't give any frames of invincibility so you have to time it well.

I've been playing it on the PS4 and enjoying it so far. AR 15 and I'm not taking it too seriously as I'll probably start over if they eventually release on the switch.

So far my pulls have been Barbara, Fischl, Noelle, Sucrose, Xiangling, and Xingqiu. I've been running Xingqiu, Lisa, Barbara, Fischl, though suggestions are welcome.

My only real complaint so far is that switching parties to get a particular element for a harvest or something is a bit of a pain in the ass. Pretty minor though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does gliding ever become more useful for travel? I'm adventure 15 and right now it just feels like a breakfall.

Gliding becomes more and more useful as you increase your Stamina via upgrading the Statues of the Seven, and especially when you get down to the 2nd region Liyue which is very very vertical. If you're falling, you can press attack and you'll do a ground slam from any height. You'll take a bit of dmg, but not deadly unless you slam from super high.

I am pretty sure Dodging has iframe, since I doubt I have that good of timing, haha.

I guess there has been a leak of the upcoming v1.1 patch coming sometime in October (probably after Venti banner is done), and it looks to be pretty big. Spoilered in case ppl want to be surprised.
New region and 4 new characters: Geo melee (spear, male, 5*); Water melee (special wpns, male (seen him in the Story) 5*); Pyro mage, female, 4*; Cryo mage, female, 4*. New events, some bug fixes. Info probably comes from the beta test of 1.1 that is happening in CN right now, but maybe not.
Genshin Impact: Major Update 1.1 Details - New Characters and More! - Pro Game Guides

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is an image someone made that shows the various currencies, how to get them and what they are used for (big):
currency.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Any reason to reroll, or will I eventually get something decent?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Man I would have paid $60 for this game easily but I am hesitant to spend a dime due to the gacha mechanics.

It's all the fun stuff of zelda botw with ni no kuni charm. I rerolled 5 times until I finally pulled something other than noelle and weapons.

Currently have mona, noelle, fischl, barbara, jean, xingqiu, kaeya, lisa, amber. Really would like a venti or a razor.

Running mona, xingqui, fischl, and the main character and just hit adventure level 10.

Any reason to reroll, or will I eventually get something decent?

It's not needed, but depending on how you like to play I feel like not having a char that compliments your team or play style could be annoying.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I just started this tonight, my first rolls went SO poorly, I absolutely had to reroll, because out of all 30some wishes i only got 1 extra character and it was a really crappy one (and i got a dupe of that one person, nice.)

My second reroll took about 45-50 extra minutes to get back to rank 7 because i was still kinda exploring and feeling out the combat, but holy shit did I win the lottery:

Keqing right off the bat, Fischl, Xiangling, Noelle, and I just recently pulled Barbara on hitting rank 10 and spending my last gems before i logged off for the night, so extremely good luck. Depending on what you get with your first rolls it can be pretty worth it to reroll once or twice to see if you can get anything decent.

I still really don't have the hang of anything, I'm mostly just spamming attack and specials, trying to switch as I can but FUCK are the controls so damn annoying, the ABSOLUTE first thing they need to patch in is the ability to remap the controller. I don't know what fucking ching chong asshole decided on B for accept and A for cancel but they need to fuck right off.

switching characters with the D-pad while trying to move with the analog is stupidly annoying too. Are most of you on PC using mouse and keyboard or controller? feels much better with controller except for the backward buttons.

Also still trying to get a handle on the million different types of currencies and materials and gate-unlockers - when do you use the books to level up and when do you dump money into ascendancy and character level unlockers?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pulled three times.

Twice on the newbie banner. Once on the wind bard banner.

Got Chongyun ( frost great sword guy)
Earth maid
Electro archer girl x2

Current group is double frost double electro using kaeya and lisa along with Chong and archer.

Seems to work great. Lisa and Chong pair really well together.

I am going to run this party for as long as it will work.

Unlocking the first constellation on the archer wasn't a huge bonus. Just increases her normal attack by 22%

Fun game so far.
There is a craftable 4* bow (Compound Bow), that buffs Atk and Atk Spd for each hit, using that with Fischl after you've popped her Oz could be really good (with the right artifacts).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just started this tonight, my first rolls went SO poorly, I absolutely had to reroll, because out of all 30some wishes i only got 1 extra character and it was a really crappy one (and i got a dupe of that one person, nice.)

My second reroll took about 45-50 extra minutes to get back to rank 7 because i was still kinda exploring and feeling out the combat, but holy shit did I win the lottery:

Keqing right off the bat, Fischl, Xiangling, Noelle, and I just recently pulled Barbara on hitting rank 10 and spending my last gems before i logged off for the night, so extremely good luck. Depending on what you get with your first rolls it can be pretty worth it to reroll once or twice to see if you can get anything decent.

I still really don't have the hang of anything, I'm mostly just spamming attack and specials, trying to switch as I can but FUCK are the controls so damn annoying, the ABSOLUTE first thing they need to patch in is the ability to remap the controller. I don't know what fucking ching chong asshole decided on B for accept and A for cancel but they need to fuck right off.

switching characters with the D-pad while trying to move with the analog is stupidly annoying too. Are most of you on PC using mouse and keyboard or controller? feels much better with controller except for the backward buttons.

Also still trying to get a handle on the million different types of currencies and materials and gate-unlockers - when do you use the books to level up and when do you dump money into ascendancy and character level unlockers?
I'm using a controller on PC only because we can't customize the keybinds (dunno why), and I feel its not that great. Movement seems to slow to walking sometimes even with stick pressed in a direction. Jump button not always firing when I think it should, and some really odd framelocks during combat (has only happened vs. Ruin Guards). This is on a new controller too.

Try not to level too many characters too fast, or you'll run out of XP Books, and leveling up characters costs money (Mora).. seems cheap at first, but it adds up fast. Also, try to level up at least 1 character of each Element, since the game loves through you curves where you need something you thought you didn't.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Man I would have paid $60 for this game easily but I am hesitant to spend a dime due to the gacha mechanics.

Currently have mona, noelle, fischl, barbara, jean, xingqiu, kaeya, lisa, amber. Really would like a venti or a razor.

Running mona, xingqui, fischl, and the main character and just hit adventure level 10.

I got the $5 monthly thing. Every 2 days you get enough to do 1 wish + 300 gems that'll get you 1 more wish (of course not enough for 2 since that'd be 320).

Razor is currently available as a purchase. You go to the store, and he costs 34 of the currency you get when you get dupes of 4* or 5* characters or weapons. He is there for 1 month, doesn't have an actual timer, but I suspect the store will refresh at the same time the new banner arrives and the Venti banner goes away.

Mona and Fischl are really good together. Do the E (R2 on controller) attack on Mona, switch to Fischl, do another E attack and the raven supercharges everything with water. Both their Q attacks can clear entire encounters in one go. Even mobs that are resistant to electricity get hurt when they get the water element on the, and the raven destroys things that are water based.

I run main character, Mona, Fischl and Xianxang or whatever her name is (gotten 3 of her, got 2 in one pack, and will get one more if I do the floors when I get to that, still only adventure level 18).

Some general things I have noticed in game I didn't see on "beginner guides"

- If you go to the stone pillars that restore health on the west side of the map, they are geo based, there you can switch your main characters element from wind to geo. You can swap between them based on the pillar. Just activate it, and it'll let you swap. They use another currency to upgrade your stamina. So to get a quick few stamina points, its useful to travel there and find a few geo points there rather than to look for 8+ of the wind. Geo statues start from 2 points just like the wind ones did.

- Remember to go into the tab for "events" and do the 3 trials for the 3 characters. You get currency for completing them.

- Remember to tag off things in the adventure book to progress it.

- I saw this in one video and it works. If you use Kaeya you can freeze water. If your main character is wind, you can push the ice forwards and walk on it. Cast ice again, push forwards, rinse repeat. Need to be fast when switching characters, but you can walk far further on water than what stamina would allow with swimming this way. For instance, on the top right of the map, due east, there are islands in the ocean that don't show up on the map. You can use the above method (can also use stam food I guess) and travel to the islands. There is a separate achivement for it and a hidden quest there.

- EDIT: In the store, you can also buy wishes (at 50% off) for the venti banner and standard banner for the currency you get when you get dupes of 3* items. It is currently 40% off. You can buy 5 for each per day. I would not use the currency you get for 4* for wishes since that tab also lets you buy characters. Currently Razor and Amber are there, but I'd rather save up for next refresh of the store page if you don't want them. Getting the 4* currency is way rarer than the 3* one.

Last edited:

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The best chars probably aren't quite settled yet. the game hides alot of their info, and alot of shit has to be unlocked. Chars that are great out of the gate, may not be as good as ones fully leveled/unlocked.

Take Amber.
her bunny is just "ok" at the start. it taunts.. which is not needed early game. while chars with INSTANT aoe elemental effects on the E are far more useful, in comboing.
Then it explodes when killed, or timed out, in aoe fire. good.
Her second constellation allows you to shoot it yourself with a charged shot, to make it explode immediately, with added 200% damage. still not instant, but that makes it FAR better.
4th constellation reduces its CD, and gives multiple charges, so you can throw more then one doll at once..
Its not clear how constellations scale past 1 level upgrade. does ranking up "its not just any doll" give 3, 4, 5+? charges?

talents too.
Each has 2 that need to be unlocked via leveling up.
And an aoe passive party buff.

Kyea's is 20% reduction on party sprinting stam drain. a very good one.
ambers is 20% reudction on party gliding stam drain...
barbaras is when perfect cooking a restorative food, chance to get 2...

so, not saying amber is great or anything. just that some characters might have better unlocks then others, which effects who is good. Enemy power may effect things as well. Early game, full offense is just fine.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didnt have much luck on wishes. not going to bother rerolling thought. Just barbara and noelle after a bunch of em.
My first look at the chars. Noelle I think is going to get mainlined. Breastplate seems great. aoe damage geo shield, that regens hp to entire party, with noelles basic attacks.. and persists on char swap. damage, def, and healing of it scales off her def..
Her constellations look solid as well.
her heavy attacks, vis 2handers all smash frozen. charged attack is an awesome moving, sustained whirlwind, which burn stam..

only weakness I see atm, is Geo itself doesnt seem great.

Last edited:

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I went into the paimon bargain shop and spent all my masterless starglitter on the discounted fates.

Then using prismogems and those fates pulled on thre venti banner again. Got a third fischl and Venti in one go.

Also, check out some three star weapons. You should be getting enough duplicates that you can refine their special effect to a decent level pretty early.

I am using the book that increases damage on enemies effected by electro on lisa. Gave her a 24% boost in damage.

Also elemental mastery is really good for electro, fire and wind dps. My Lisa has 176 mastery and gets 78% bonus damage when she combos with either frost or fire.

The artifacts page has an extra info window that explains a lot of mechanics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
4th reroll got me Noelle, Xiangling, Barbara, Bennett, and Diluc. And a 4* sacrificial bow. Good enough, or keep rerolling?

Edit: From what I'm reading it sounds like it's worth continuing (what AR needed for next batch of pulls?) because I'd be all set if I pray to RNGesus and get Fischl.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So what point is the decision to reroll made? I got my first roll on Noelle banner once I got to the Knights headquarters, but don't really have any other currencies to roll yet. Am I on track?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what point is the decision to reroll made? I got my first roll on Noelle banner once I got to the Knights headquarters, but don't really have any other currencies to roll yet. Am I on track?

I use PWARGaming's guide video to get to AR7 fast. Dunno if that's the absolute best method but I was already subbed to him for Nioh 2 stuff and happened to see his videos for this. Gets you a normal 10-pull after you first meet Jean & Lisa, followed by 2 event 10-pulls and another normal 10-pull at AR7. He does a few more singles, but that seems wasteful to me; waiting until you can do 10's always seems best in these games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didnt have much luck on wishes. not going to bother rerolling thought. Just barbara and noelle after a bunch of em.
My first look at the chars. Noelle I think is going to get mainlined. Breastplate seems great. aoe damage geo shield, that regens hp to entire party, with noelles basic attacks.. and persists on char swap. damage, def, and healing of it scales off her def..
Her constellations look solid as well.
her heavy attacks, vis 2handers all smash frozen. charged attack is an awesome moving, sustained whirlwind, which burn stam..

only weakness I see atm, is Geo itself doesnt seem great.
Just make sure to concentrate on getting DEF on items, since Noelle's healing will scale with her DEF. She is quite good.