Genshin Impact

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldn't believe it when I loaded it up on mobile and found out there was no gamepad support...............

--------------------------

I'm about to hit AR15, both Diluc and Fischl are L20 and I have all the mats to ascend them (except for Fischl's sliver, but I can just buy that for 10 sigils). Is there any reason not to do so immediately?
You can level them up til you are gated by needing an AR requirement, so max them out. When they are max'd out though, don't bother trying to get the "rare" materials for ascension until you are at the proper AR since there is a better drop chance at that point due to world lvl going up.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unironically it's the best JRPG + Zelda: BOTW that has come out since well BOTW. I'm sure the steam will run out eventually but if you enjoy this genre or style of game play experience and don't get 100+ hours out of it with it's current content I'd be surprised and that is with zero need to spend any money. It's a triple A title with an unfortunate cash shop mechanic that spergs with no self control can participate in. If there was no gacha mechanic and it was just released as it stands with a normal game price I'm sure the praises would be heaped even higher.

-----------

I just finished doing all the crap in the starting area and I'm AR22 because I can't help exploring everything. Pretty sure I've done like 80 rolls with just all the shit they've thrown at you and that you earn from achievements/guide etc.

Pulled a Diluc so now running Diluc, Xiangling, Fischl, Barbara but I don't find the need for her heal or E ability on anything I've done yet so really thinking about swapping her for Jean to get access to swirl and still have heals if needed. Crushed the first 3 floors of abyss. Looking forward to opening the next area =O
Shouldn't need Barbara while running around in the open world since you can always just eat some food, or teleport to a statue after a fight to heal up. Her healing will be good to have in the higher lvl dungeons / abyss.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There’s a bank in Liyue Harbor with chest full of 200k mora. That helps ease a little bit of the pain when you’re doing higher level upgrades.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can I just say that having no weapon decay makes this game so much more enjoyable (hated that so much in BoTW)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fuck my life, pulled Venti this morning when I had just enough after some dailies. Also got a dupe Xiangling so she’ll be at c2 once I go back to Abyss.

Now that I’m pretty much set I need to focus on a team and weapons.

Xiangling, Fischl, Qiqi, Venti will give me four elements plus healing. Venti's vortex thing and Xian's Pyrenado, Qiqi with some healing if necessary. Also have Razor, Chongyun, Barb, Noelle, Ning...

Weapon wise:
White Tassel on Xing bc her auto seems nice to have the +45% normal attack boost
Sharpshooter currently on Venti just for aimed weak point damage, not sure there to be honest
Fischl has Slingshot b/c her auto spam seems nice
Qiqi has Fillet Blade but honestly I've used him a total of probably 2 times. He's still level 20

Just spent this morning doing the awakening 1 for the weapons to get to level 40 which required wasting resin on the weapon dungeon. Means I'm probably not going to finish weekly BP unless I want to spend stuff to refresh, only at 720/1600.

That doesn't even get in to trying to figure out what artifacts to choose from. Which I'm really not that worried about I guess since could always run domains for them eventually but without having access to the higher level ones doesn't seem worth it. Just push through with the random drops.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck my life, pulled Venti this morning when I had just enough after some dailies. Also got a dupe Xiangling so she’ll be at c2 once I go back to Abyss.

Now that I’m pretty much set I need to focus on a team and weapons.

Xiangling, Fischl, Qiqi, Venti will give me four elements plus healing. Venti's vortex thing and Xian's Pyrenado, Qiqi with some healing if necessary. Also have Razor, Chongyun, Barb, Noelle, Ning...

Weapon wise:
White Tassel on Xing bc her auto seems nice to have the +45% normal attack boost
Sharpshooter currently on Venti just for aimed weak point damage, not sure there to be honest
Fischl has Slingshot b/c her auto spam seems nice
Qiqi has Fillet Blade but honestly I've used him a total of probably 2 times. He's still level 20

Just spent this morning doing the awakening 1 for the weapons to get to level 40 which required wasting resin on the weapon dungeon. Means I'm probably not going to finish weekly BP unless I want to spend stuff to refresh, only at 720/1600.

That doesn't even get in to trying to figure out what artifacts to choose from. Which I'm really not that worried about I guess since could always run domains for them eventually but without having access to the higher level ones doesn't seem worth it. Just push through with the random drops.
There are a couple 4* Bows to look for: Stringless (24% skill dmg with Energy Recharge as its main stat, good for Fischl or Venti), and Rust (40% Normal atk dmg, with +Atk as its main stat). Both are great, I just got Rust to rank 2. Put it on Venti and its great dmg. Remember, you can also craft 4* weapons, and the Compound Bow is also really good (buffs Atk and Atk SPd.

You're setup really well for Floor 5+ of Abyss now with 2 really good healers. Having Razor, Chong and Barb in Team 2 will be nice... maybe throw Amber in there for some Pyro, MAGA!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I just hit AR20 last night and finished level 3 of the spiral abyss to get a xiangling dupe.

My main combo right now for clearing stuff is fischl dropping her bird into chongyun doing his spirit blade frost circle and then just doing the claymore charge attack to constantly whirlwind things while getting superconductor combos.

I have chong with the 3 star ferrous shadow sword that increases charge dmg by 24%, around 500 attack and 120 elemental mastery.

For fischl I have her with the 3 star sling shot bow that increases damage by 54% if the arrow hits its target within 0.3 seconds.

Also gave her 2 peices of martial artist gear for another 15% to normal attacks.

She is around 400 attack and just spams normal attacks on enemies in- between oz drops.

Just bouncing between those two is enough to kill normal stuff up to level 45ish.

When I need more damage I start using bursts and toss in venti's tornado.

My 4th character has been a revolving door. I was using lisa or the main character but probably going to start using Barbara for the abyss.

For artifacts. Investing heavily in a decent feather is as big of a bump to attack as your weapon without an ascension cap. I waited till I got a few purple berserker feathers before pushing them up. I wish artifacts had upgrade crystals like weapons.

Once I am able to ascend fischl a bit more I should see a big damage bump as she eventually adds 80% of her attack while oz is out.

At least early on fischl has been outperforming venti since her elemental skill feels more useful. Venti's burst is far better though.

It might also be because I dumped all my free currency into the venti banner and got a ton of fischl dupes. Just need one more to finish her constellation.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can level them up til you are gated by needing an AR requirement, so max them out. When they are max'd out though, don't bother trying to get the "rare" materials for ascension until you are at the proper AR since there is a better drop chance at that point due to world lvl going up.
I leveled my main four (Diluc/Fischl/Xiangling/Barbara) to 20 and have ascended all but Xiangling because I can't get the chili yet. Can I just run to Liyue now or is that area gated by story progression? And now that they're all 20+ is it best to dump all my books on getting Diluc to like 38 or so immediately (last time I went to 19 and was capped on xp before I got to AR15 to be allowed to ascend)?

Is there going to be anything that requires MC to be leveled at some point? I noticed I got her ascend material as part of the AR15 rewards, but I haven't leveled her at all beyond whatever xp was gained while still in the party.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Is there going to be anything that requires MC to be leveled at some point? I noticed I got her ascend material as part of the AR15 rewards, but I haven't leveled her at all beyond whatever xp was gained while still in the party.

I'm AR28 and any time I've been forced into using the MC, it's been for gimmick quests/battles where stats don't matter. That said the MC is an excellent Anemo user, honestly on par with Venti.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
You can run Liyue now. I did that to grab ascension material for chongyun.

As for leveling characters, just level the ones you use until you have enough hp to not die and then wait. Sitting on level caps can be a waste of exp. But the amount you get is so tiny that you could clear large areas sitting at 37 while you work to unlock the next cap.

I do know someone else mentioned needing 8 characters around level 50 to form two full groups for end game progression so anyone you build up will probably find a spot eventually.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just noticed that there's stuff that drops upgrade mats in the boss list which are like L35-36. Plus I've been to the nameless island and know about the L40 stuff there. Wasn't sure if I could kill all that just by leveling up Diluc to upper 30's since the rest of the team is only on the field for a second or two at a time.

Caliane

yeah, listed levels mean about shit.

I killed that electro cube dude who is 36. with a party of level 20, 10, 11, 9. with gear of similar value. meaning level 1-4 acc/weapons.
Did have to eat a good amount of food due to being incompetent's at bullet hells. otherwise 99% of the time, didnt even get hit.
those world bosses listed in the menu are easy.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I leveled my main four (Diluc/Fischl/Xiangling/Barbara) to 20 and have ascended all but Xiangling because I can't get the chili yet. Can I just run to Liyue now or is that area gated by story progression? And now that they're all 20+ is it best to dump all my books on getting Diluc to like 38 or so immediately (last time I went to 19 and was capped on xp before I got to AR15 to be allowed to ascend)?

Can run down and do what you want, mobs there will probably be in their 30's at your world level, so nothing too scary. You never need to actually play the MC after the intro, the Geo MC has a useful skill for puzzles / climbing, but thats it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been really smooth until 29 (from 28-29 was a bit of slog), 29-30 went super fast just doing the main story and now almost 31... Seems 30+ going to be a bit of a grind with no other story quests for the time being.

Still enjoying the heck out of it, have my Qiqi, Venti & Keqing all lvl 60, maxed out their talents up to rank 4, maxed 4* weapons etc. Need to farm some more artifacts as mine are still mostly only +8. Atk% scales crazy well so far, as does my Venti's Anemo%+. Watched a stream earlier where this dude basically just focused on Ningguang to prove that S tier (or whatever) characters are completely unnecessary to do everything currently in game and she was obliterating everything literally by herself. From 35+ I suppose I'll need to start funneling resources into 1 or 2 I guess to maximize their output, probably Keqing & Venti (though Qiqi is my favorite toon, by far. Love her kit and love her story etc).

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Am also at ar30. Apparently the next quest doesn't come out until the next patch. Still a shit load to explore. Not gonna worry about trying to grind AR levels... you get a third of a level almost from the dailies. Just gonna chill and have fun.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Here's hoping they add something to put geo/anemoculus on the map. I'm missing one out of 131 and can't be bothered to scour the whole map for the one I missed.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did not realize that in the mobile interface, if you hit the large-scale elemental attack button next to someone's portrait in the character swap, it immediately switches and launches the attack.

That is super fucking handy.

Also, leveling people... should I just blow through those adventurers writs? I'm at AR11, and most characters are level 1 except traveler, razor, and amber. I think the fire-spear person would be better than amber, but I like having an archer (and haven't gotten a venti yet).

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If it's not stalling your progress I wouldn't worry about it overly much yet but you will basically need a team of 8 with varying elements to do abyss floors and the world levels will increase as AR goes up making things more difficult. Not necessarily that they'll kill you but would you rather spend 5 minutes whacking at something or 10 seconds and move on.

I've done 8 characters to L40 and that's as high as any of them will go until I decide exactly what I want to play comp wise and it wasn't really a huge hit to exp mats from all the gathering/exploring I've done already.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can I just say that having no weapon decay makes this game so much more enjoyable (hated that so much in BoTW)
This is the only reason I never got very far in BOTW, that and the limited weapon inventory on top of weak ass weapon durability. Such stupid design. Surprised they didn't hit design road blocks on releasing that. The 3DS Zelda had limited use items, and even that was annoying. I shouldn't have to farm bullshit to explore. Imagine if weapons broke in Skyrim.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did not realize that in the mobile interface, if you hit the large-scale elemental attack button next to someone's portrait in the character swap, it immediately switches and launches the attack.

That is super fucking handy.

Also, leveling people... should I just blow through those adventurers writs? I'm at AR11, and most characters are level 1 except traveler, razor, and amber. I think the fire-spear person would be better than amber, but I like having an archer (and haven't gotten a venti yet).
You can do this on PC with Alt+1-4, it will switch and fire off the ult.

At AR32 you get a Character Story quest for Klee, the loli bomber girl. You have to unlock this quests by doing 8 daily commission to get 1 key, use the key to access the quest. Haven't done it yet myself, been spending the night getting the remaining 23 (now 15) geosymbols so I can finish Pillars of Peace and get a hopefully nice 5* artifact.

In various places around Liyue you'll find a npc named Dandy. Talk to her and you can do a timed gliding trial. She has 3 different ones that you cycle through (1-2-3-repeat 3), if you win you get a chest. If you run the trial again and get a better time, you get a better chest, up to Luxurious.

Once I do the Klee quest, I think the game will stall til the next update, with just logging in to do the 4 dailies, and spending resin for upgrade materials. I am pretty sure I've missed several side quests along the way, since I think I've only opened a couple of the Shrins in Liyue so far.

• 1Like