Genshin Impact

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Handy AF now that I've ascended 8 chars and did all their talents and my mats are sooo low.

Stolen from reddit.

t6uzd737rdr51.png

Reca

Trakanon Raider
So chests are definitely respawning. I've had Common, Exquisite and Precious chests respawn so far. I expect it to be a week or two before people start to understand how it works. I've seen theory crafting videos where they say chests respawn 1-3 days or its tied to AR and people even creating maps of daily reset of common chests (which isn't completely accurate)

I've seen puzzles, challenges, Air blobs and ghosts reset as well.

Today I found and marked over 99 chests today - most of which I know were respawns, some of which could be respawns or I just missed altogether. All this work was very likely pointless as the chests are probably super RnG all over the map.

I hope they increase the marker limit for maps.

AR 32 right now - I'm not sure if its tied to AR or not (I hope it isn't).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think what we're seeing is the world having a dynamic refresh mechanic based on your AR, at least in regards to locked chests and timed challenges where you can get higher quality chests. The common chests look to be on a natural respawn timer. Several times now I've come across locked chests that were 100% not present when I first visited an area at a lower AR, while I've also seen common chests appear again at several camps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone have a decent website for tips/tricks/"things to check out"? Even though I'm only AR15 I want to try and unlock everything I can.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So can one of you head over to Tianqu Valley at the location shown below and see what happens when you light up both pads? I can get them lit up, but nothing happens (no chest, etc). Not sure if I've done this already or not.

View attachment 308030
I came across one of those last night, just as I was going to bed. so didnt take the time to experiment with it. only 1. it was in that minetown/ghost village across the way to the east. pretty far from your loc.

Theory to test is Geo travellers rocks. if standing on them makes em glow.. geo traveller can spawn multiple rocks at once.
Alt is some multiplayer thing, yeah.

Chests respawning is interesting. That does add some replayablility for the exploration.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I came across one of those last night, just as I was going to bed. so didnt take the time to experiment with it. only 1. it was in that minetown/ghost village across the way to the east. pretty far from your loc.

Theory to test is Geo travellers rocks. if standing on them makes em glow.. geo traveller can spawn multiple rocks at once.
Alt is some multiplayer thing, yeah.

Chests respawning is interesting. That does add some replayablility for the exploration.
I used Geo MC and Ning (Ning's barrier works as well as Geo MC). Both pads lit up fully, just that nothing happened. There is an island that has a heart symbol on the ground with a couple pads, this requires 2 players to function so that a Lux chest spawns.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a decent website for tips/tricks/"things to check out"? Even though I'm only AR15 I want to try and unlock everything I can.
Lots of YouTube vids on that right now, three that I would recommend:
Envi

DemoneKim

Niv Ultra

They all stream as well, can get good info from them.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just don't watch Techtone. No one wants to be yelled at for 30 minutes straight.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're not using the Interactive Map to find / do stuff, I recommend you start doing so, its great. There are a couple Farming routes that it is working on, and they seem really good. I did the Monster route up in north east Mondstadt to see what it was about. Its good for getting the secondary materials for character / weapon ascension. It had Slimes, a Cicin Mage, severl Hirichurls, and a Ruin Guardian. All dropped needed materials. I imagine the Artifact route is mainly for level up fodder.

Edit: Ran several of the Artifact routes. These takes you to various places that have items you can Investigate, which will either gives you a low lvl artifact + mora, or veggies / ore. You can also usually find various plants around and some common chests.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I used Geo MC and Ning (Ning's barrier works as well as Geo MC). Both pads lit up fully, just that nothing happened. There is an island that has a heart symbol on the ground with a couple pads, this requires 2 players to function so that a Lux chest spawns.

You can also trigger these with Amber's bunny, but not Xianling's panda.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
My big complaints so far is that i wish i could speed up going through conversations and being able to skip a cutscene when i want to.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is this weeb shit that everyone is talking about, and should I care?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My big complaints so far is that i wish i could speed up going through conversations and being able to skip a cutscene when i want to.
Yea, or be able to cancel out of a conversation at anytime. So many clickies are placed close together that I end up in unwanted convo's... or cooking menu.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Found a pretty good combat and party composition Guide here. Focuses mostly on fischl but lots of info in the thread as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is this down for maintenance this morning or something? Can't find a server status page and can't connect. :( Got resin filling up.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Is this down for maintenance this morning or something? Can't find a server status page and can't connect. :( Got resin filling up.

Just checked, EU servers are up at least. Nothing on the official twitter on any maintenance either.

• 1Like