Genshin Impact

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does this play better with a controller on PC/mobile? Or not really? Is there any type of aiming mechanics that a mouse/kb would be superior?

And how hamstrung will I be, if I'm just putzing around the world with the wife in Coop mode, and not super focused on min/max parties, etc? The game still works out ok for exploration and stuff?
Controller is fine, but navigating menus is slow, and using the LB1+Directional wheel is a pain at times (make sure to keep LB1 pressed after you release the stick). Co Op is mainly for Domains and sharing resources between player worlds. You won't be able to do quests in Co Op, and having some quests active will lock you out of Co Op until you finish them. Also, Co Op won't allow you to do quests with the other players.

You can kill bosses in Co Op and each player has the option to spend their resin to get loot, same applies in Domains. You won't be able to open chests found on the other players world though. All players will share Ores obtained from mining, but plants are character specific (all players can gather plants, but only the person who actually gathered gets the drops).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How do I do this?

1602871742345.png

This is the library book quest thing, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to aim her lightning to hit the thing with the yellow arrow on it. It keeps hitting the things on the left.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok I figured it out, you do hit it with lisa, but you have to hit the first peg not any others. It threw me off because going to that area, it raised a platform for me to get on as if to try to get me to lightning the thing, but you need to ignore that platform and just zap it along the wall close to the entrance.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'd say you could get most of the characters / weapons you want to try out to at least 20/20 and probably through the first ascend and up to 40/40 without a huge sink in resources. Once you go above that, you are looking at a lot more time farming ascension mats.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Decided to restart, did one roll of beginner card, and then 1 roll of Venti and ended up getting Venti on my first reroll. Woot? Now to be more careful with resources and the like moving forward and playing more careful.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
The potential of this game is pretty insane. I hope they do something about the resin and can keep up with content. Just log in now to do my dailies and burn resin. Still into it but a little bummed out that first rush is over.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I've fooled around with it for a few hours and it's pretty nice for a gacha game. The one thing that blows my mind is that it runs really well on my old PC and they made it on UNITY.

UNITY games tend to run and usually look like shit. What kind of chinese sorcery they used here I don't know. That or the UNITY engine people upped their game when I wasn't looking.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Decided to restart, did one roll of beginner card, and then 1 roll of Venti and ended up getting Venti on my first reroll. Woot? Now to be more careful with resources and the like moving forward and playing more careful.
if you'd started sooner i would recommend not keeping Venti and trying to get someone else so that your first pity roll is guaranteed to be Venti, but right now, with only 2 days left on the banner, I would keep venti because you won't be able to get him again until either his banner comes around again or he is added to standard.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
cool game but I dont agree with the stupid slot machine $$ money grab bullshit. Its funny how EA was blasted for their crates and whatever and yet these companies come out with something even worse, for real cash and lots of it, and no one says shit. This type of thing should be illegal in vidja games. Fucking people dropping thousands for PvE game, lol.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Well I hit the wall people are talking about around late WL3. Whereas before I was blowing wishes (and a little cash) to get some new characters, now I don't even know what I'd do with them. I'm so capped for Resin and Mora just leveling the 1-2 mains I use and it would be basically impossible to start another from scratch. Weirdly, it has also made me less inclined to spend any cash. I never play these sorts of FTP gacha games but I was quite content to drop dollars now and then - now it all just seems hopeless and a gateway to basically infinite spend. No thanks. I'm still enjoying the core game and look forward to playing it; but the later game really needs an adjustment if it is going to last longer than a month for most non-whales.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it is hilarious how they've missed the mark on some of this balancing. Like, I was just doing single pulls as I hit gems for the heck of it, just to see what dupes I could get. Still wouldn't mind another Razor, Barb, something I use. So of course it spits out a Diluc. No way I could possibly invest anything in him at this point, which just isn't the way a game should be designed.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't there supposed to be some other continent releasing soon?
Not in the 1.1 patch releasing in a few weeks, but rumor is 1.2 or whatever on Dec 23 will have new continent yes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I just started and taking my time, but one of the streamers I saw mentioned this and it got me curious. Seems like people are going hog wild in this game, with real cash and time, lol. Why the rush in a single player game? I saw one youtube dude drop $5K for this shit, lol. I mean im not at end game or whatever, but so far up to like world level 20 shit has been pretty fucking easy so far with my shit characters.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I just started and taking my time, but one of the streamers I saw mentioned this and it got me curious. Seems like people are going hog wild in this game, with real cash and time, lol. Why the rush in a single player game? I saw one youtube dude drop $5K for this shit, lol. I mean im not at end game or whatever, but so far up to like world level 20 shit has been pretty fucking easy so far with my shit characters.
Well, those people do it because whaling like that ($5k is actually low end, I've seen a bunch in the 7-10k range, and one dude who only stopped at 20k because he said it was the limit of what he could write off on his taxes) gets them enough views on YouTube that the ad revenue easily covers the money they spent.

As far as what spending that much gets them: most/all the 5*'s, dupes of pretty much every character and weapon to the point where they'll have most of them at C6/refine 6, enough resin refills to bypass the 'dead' part of the game from AR30 to 40, full teams of maxed out characters to complete all of abyss that's currently doable, etc.

The game does get quite a bit harder too, especially depending on how good your team is. AR20 is pretty much just the end of the tutorial stage.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

The entirety of the game can be done f2p. The open world stuff is not supposed to be hard. It's meant to be explored/farmed for mats. The difficult content is abyss floors, but 1-9 are overcome by proper comps or being over leveled/geared. The higher floors rotate and I imagine they'll add more to it, but they require solid teams and well geared/talent maxed/leveled characters to clear/3 star.

If you're trying to get the good artifact sets (which is the real end game grind) then hitting AR40 asap is the way to go. With artifact RNG you could be playing the next 20 years and not get the perfect set pieces you want due to wanting specific rolls or the right upgrades when you level them (think D3 or any other ARPG loot system).

If I was a streamer/content creator I'd dump a few grand into the game as well. It's a write off, gets you to the higher content quicker, allows you to have better chances at the other chars people want to see etc. Why wouldn't you ride the gravy train while the game is still pretty hyped?

Also found my last geocolus today on a new farming route. Thought I was going to be waiting until they add some better way to track them. That was the only thing I've not completed outside of the venti story quest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
cool game but I dont agree with the stupid slot machine $$ money grab bullshit. Its funny how EA was blasted for their crates and whatever and yet these companies come out with something even worse, for real cash and lots of it, and no one says shit. This type of thing should be illegal in vidja games. Fucking people dropping thousands for PvE game, lol.

It's precisely because it's a pve game that people don't care about the loot boxes. If there was some competitive aspect to this game like most/all EA games then the loot boxes would be a problem, but there isn't, so there isn't.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've hit a bit of a wall. Hit AR 30 yesterday, which means WL3. My problem is I'm under leveled, nobody over 40. Now everything is 40+, the mob I need to kill to ascend Barbara is now impossible, as are a few others. I got a commission where I had to chase a hot air balloon down a river and destroy it before it reaches it's destination while being attacked by level 45+ mobs. Half my party was dead and I did less than 25% damage when it poofed.