Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Or maybe the answer should be, Wasn't my gun and I didn't buy the ammo. It wasn't my choice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"I went with full metal jacket rounds because I like the Kubrick film."

Good god I hope I never end up on the stand. Just shoot me out back and save everyone the time.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
"You didn't bring hollow points because it would have impaired your ability to score double kills with one round like in this violent video games you play"

edit - wait, do people load up their rifles with hollow point rounds? I always thought of HP as handgun stuff.

For hunting in Califorina you have to use expanding ammunition in your rifle so that you kill the animals quickly. Which would be either soft points or hollow points.

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man do you guys remember prior to the 1980s and some fag inventing the Atari and Colecovison when the world was free from all violence because video games had yet to be invented.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm sure they exist, but I've literally never even seen a 5.56 or .223 hollow point. There's no reason for the prosecution to go into this other than to mislead the jury

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Probably trying to make it look like he was knowingly being reckless by choosing ammo that could more easily go through targets and hit innocents.

Nevermind that FMJ has much less stopping power than hollow point.
Yea, this whole line of logic should be squashed. The prosecutor is going after his bullet choice so hard, probably based on the fact that FMJ can pass through and hurt innocents. The problem is, that didn't occur in this case. Pretty sure prosecutors aren't allowed to bring up what if's harms that didn't happen. IE a drunk driver is arrested in a school zone at 3 am. You can't really focus on the school zone part and say kids could have been playing in the street and it could have been worse. No, kids weren't in the street, that didn't happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yea, this whole line of logic should be squashed. The prosecutor is going after his bullet choice so hard, probably based on the fact that FMJ can pass through and hurt innocents. The problem is, that didn't occur in this case. Pretty sure prosecutors aren't allowed to bring up what if's harms that didn't happen. IE a drunk driver is arrested in a school zone at 3 am. You can't really focus on the school zone part and say kids could have been playing in the street and it could have been worse. No, kids weren't in the street, that didn't happen.

It's super weak also. Yes, it "can" pass through someone, but he's saying it's "designed" to which is just false

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure they exist, but I've literally never even seen a 5.56 or .223 hollow point.
They exist but not very common. Cheapest and by far the most common is going to be FMJ.

Also hollowpoints are a thing for handguns when it comes to self defense, not rifles. For rifles shooting 5.56mm you do not use hollowpoints, you use FMJ rounds like Kyle used because when they hit somebody at close range, they completely fragment dumping all the energy of the round into the body while sending fragments all around the wound.

The prosecutor is completely backwards here because hes a soycuck that knows nothing about firearms or his being misleading.

• 3Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure they exist, but I've literally never even seen a 5.56 or .223 hollow point. There's no reason for the prosecution to go into this other than to mislead the jury

He's just buying time to get to lunch break so he can re-organize after the judge stopped his strategy.

• 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure hollow point rifle rounds exist, because people are stupid. I only carry hot hollow points for my fatty bullets like my .357 shitter time comfort gun and my 9mms. I know I sure the fuck wouldn't want to stand behind someone getting hit with that 357 hollow point. Not a chance I'm betting my life that it wouldn't slice through them like butter.

At least that was the setup until the boating accident.

• 3Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
"You didn't bring hollow points because it would have impaired your ability to score double kills with one round like in this violent video games you play"

edit - wait, do people load up their rifles with hollow point rounds? I always thought of HP as handgun stuff.

the stupid part is 'hollow point' .223 are usually match bullets for longe range target. 'Soft points' is what these idiots are describing, meant to deform and cause more trauma on impact. designed for hunting / killing. there are jacketed Hollow Points for 556 but hardly anyone uses them. You pick the projectile for the job you are trying to do. FMJ = plinking / target, Bonded soft points = massive wound channel.

• 3Like

Muurloen

the stupid part is 'hollow point' .223 are usually match bullets for longe range target. 'Soft points' is what these idiots are describing, meant to deform and cause more trauma on impact. meant for hunting / killing.
not only that, but soft points are bad for semi-automatic weapons as the soft bullet could shave off a little in the barrel and in time it could come build up enough to jam up your receiver.

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy

Pretty rare and pretty much exclusive for hunting and considering the 223/5.56 isnt a widely used hunting round it's easy to not know they exist. I'm not a hunter but I think it's pretty much exclusively used for varmint hunting.

edit: actually yeah what Zapatta said above is more accurate, rifle rounds dont really exist in traditional hollow point. the hollow portion is filled in with some kind of softer material to allow proper aerodynamics by keeping the round's normal shape but the material is soft enough to disintegrate and allow the bullet to expand as a traditional hollow point does when it hits something.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Every bullet I've ever bought for my ARs has been a hollow point. I've shot 10s of thousands of rounds of Sierra Matchking HPBT bullets in High Power Rifle matches.

Sierra Bullets 69gnn HPBT.

They are not for hunting, they're target rounds.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So is the judge gonna declare mistrial like he threatened?

• 3Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
1636569336976.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Every bullet I've ever bought for my ARs has been a hollow point. I've shot 10s of thousands of rounds of Sierra Matchking HPBT bullets in High Power Rifle matches.

Sierra Bullets 69gnn HPBT.

yup match bullets dont expand like handgun rounds like these idiots are implying. that hollow tip on match bullets is to break up the air in front of the projectile to track straighter and lower wind drift.

Soft Points and Bonded Bullets are when you want to drop a 2 or 4 legged critter and not have it keep on trucking down yonder.

• 2Like
Status
Not open for further replies.