Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
please Shutup said:
My "no responsibility life" was during jr high and highschool. Guess I got on top of my shit quicker than others.
Yeah, no one ever fucks off in college.

The point is that EQ brought this board into existence, made it what it was, and that"s a solid timestamp. Most of the people playing MMO"s then were high school/college age and could afford the timesink that EQ created. When your basic camp was 8+ hours for shit, it"s core demographic certainly wasn"t professional 40 something"s with kids. That was almost 15 years ago now, we"ve all aged, unfortunately.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
please Shutup said:
My "no responsibility life" was during jr high and highschool. Guess I got on top of my shit quicker than others.
I played MMOs throughout all of HS and college and am sitting at 26. I think saying most are in their 30"s is a bit high of an estimate.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
You know more that I think about it I understand where you"re coming from. At the same time though how many of the current active members are 02/03"s these days that were playing from 99" on up? This website had a large influx of wow kiddies after the opening of the flood gates in 05 and on. I can easily accept that there probably are a good chunk of members that are nearing their 30 or are 30+, but I"d imagine the main demographic hovers somewhere in the 20"s.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Turning 26 in Dec. I"m definitely towards the younger end of the EQ demographic. Now if you factor in all the late joiners from post-WoW era I"m sure the average age has come down to mid-20"s.

W

Wrathcaster

Tenks said:
I played MMOs throughout all of HS and college and am sitting at 26. I think saying most are in their 30"s is a bit high of an estimate.
I"m 26 too, but I think most being around the 30"s rage is probably fairly accurate. FoH"s EQ heydey was a long time ago man. A good number of the people here were not high school kiddies Velious-PoP. I"d be willing to bet on that.

Just going off the everyday stories/posts by a large swathe of the members here, it seems obvious that the crowd is a good deal older than you would at first believe.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
please Shutup said:
What are you talking about? I"m pretty sure the main demographic on this forum is males in their 20"s.
Um sorry but you are dead wrong. The vast majority of this board is 30+... sorry to break your bubble. Get Ty to do a graph on birth dates and see if I am not right.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Camerous Valde Unus said:
Um sorry but you are dead wrong. The vast majority of this board is 30+... sorry to break your bubble. Get Ty to do a graph on birth dates and see if I am not right.
A Tyen graph I would actually be very interested in seeing.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So we could have thousands of members included that have moved on from mmos and haven"t been to this website in years?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
please Shutup said:
So we could have thousands of members included that have moved on from mmos and haven"t been to this website in years?
Yes, because Tyen the All Knowing would be incapable of filtering to those active within the last X amount of time.

Senen_foh

shitlord
I think some of the younger guys would be very suprised at the advanced age of some of the forums users.. I know most of the guys I played with in FoH during Eq were late 20"s most of us are now mid/late 30"s. With a few exceptions of guys I know that are 40 plus and one guy that was in his 70"s.

Etwynn_foh

shitlord
I would say that there"s probably a substantial difference between the average age of the "core" forum posters and the average age of all active posters sans the "core" posters.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Senen said:
I think some of the younger guys would be very suprised at the advanced age of some of the forums users.. I know most of the guys I played with in FoH during Eq were late 20"s most of us are now mid/late 30"s. With a few exceptions of guys I know that are 40 plus andone guy that was in his 70"s.
Furor?

haaaa

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I think this is the first time I may actually want to see one of Tyen"s charts. Although I doubt he"d do this because it would actually make some sense.

Vinen

God is dead
Senen said:
I think some of the younger guys would be very suprised at the advanced age of some of the forums users.. I know most of the guys I played with in FoH during Eq were late 20"s most of us are now mid/late 30"s. With a few exceptions of guys I know that are 40 plus and one guy that was in his 70"s.
Yeah, at least for the wow beta / vanilla crowd. I felt like I was one of the youngest and I"m 27 now.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
aychamo_aycono said:
I"m interested in knowing what you married guys do about your sexual cravings? We have a nice sex life, but I fear that I"m a fiend. I want some young pussy. My sex life has always been on the taboo side. I enjoyed meeting new women (strangers) and having sex while knowing almost nothing about them. I"ve been a good boy since being married, but I still crave having sex with other women.

I dont want an emotional relationship with other women, but I do want some "extra-curricular" sex with other women.
The fuck did you get married then?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Maintaining sexual attraction with your long-term partner is not a given, it has to be worked for. There will always be highs and lows (lulls!) but the lows can be mitigated quite a bit if the partner is aware that it"s something that has to be maintained. As long as both partners are aware that there WILL be lows, and its just part of our biological nature and such, then everything can work out just fine.

You guys who are looking at ayachamo like he"s a retard for marrying this girl, or saying he"s with the wrong girl or whatever, are just doing so out of ignorance. You"re either 1) lucky that you found someone who manages to naturally/accidentally/intentionally maintain your sexual interest long-term or 2) possibly have slightly lower testosterone or some other biochemical reason for making it easier on you or 3) something else I haven"t thought of just now. It"s not as simple as "well I just have more integrity" or whatever. You might, sure, but we"re all naturally wired to want new pussy. Monogamy is a choice and a sexual strategy, its not how humans are biologically designed. It"s definitely the easier choice/more beneficial in general though, that"s for sure.

Ayachamo, you just need to be aware that you"ll probably always feel this from time to time, and you need to figure out how to deal with it in your own way. Talking with the wife openly and educating yourselves would probably help quite a bit.

Seths_foh

shitlord
Mmmkeshek said:
Talking with the wife openly and educating yourselves would probably help quite a bit.
A skill that needs to be combined with listening, sadly neither of which we are taught how to do very well by our parents and only after many trial and error failures do we develop one or both of them. You"re right though that it all boils down to communication. That is the real secret to a long and happy relationship.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Mmmmkeshek said:
You guys who are looking at ayachamo like he"s a retard for marrying this girl, or saying he"s with the wrong girl or whatever, are just doing so out of ignorance.
Maybe you"re not aware of Aychamo"s history in this and other threads, but the guy was a serial one night stander prior to getting married. He might occasionally become extremely infatuated with a girl, but he"d drop her like an old habit after long and go bang a dozen others before stumbling upon a new fixation.

And I mean this sincerely: I don"t think that makes Aychamo a bad person. Some people are just wired that way. But getting married was certainly a bad decision on his part, given that it was pretty much inevitable that he would start to feel the need to fuck around soon after.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
Maybe you"re not aware of Aychamo"s history in this and other threads, but the guy was a serial one night stander prior to getting married. He might occasionally become extremely infatuated with a girl, but he"d drop her like an old habit after long and go bang a dozen others before stumbling upon a new fixation.

And I mean this sincerely: I don"t think that makes Aychamo a bad person. Some people are just wired that way. But getting married was certainly a bad decision on his part, given that it was pretty much inevitable that he would start to feel the need to fuck around soon after.
Don"t forget his drunk posting about his girlfriend dying 3 months before the marriage.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I"m aware he"s a bit of a legend around here, but I don"t think I ever saw any of his stuff firsthand. Here"s the thing though... it"s likely in his case more of a habit thing than anything. Lately I"ve been the same way actually, I"ve had almost as many one-nighters this year as I"ve had partners in my lifetime (prior to this year). I"m a monogamous romantic at heart, but I had my heart broken last year and said fuck it and decided to try out this other version. It"s different, and sometimes fun, but too much work to do on a regular basis. That said, even in my current mode, I"d drop this lifestyle in a heartbeat for a girl I found worthy of girlfriending. Actually thought I found her last month, but alas, she turned out to be weird!

TLDR- Even someone like ayachamo can change habits. He"s in here, asking for suggestions and advice on how to curb these desires of his own accord. That says something, right?