Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm more worried about the Godzilla vs King Kong movie sucking than this one.

Fadaar

That guy
Nah I agree with him. Got all these monsters with special powers and abilities compared to King Kong who's just a gorilla.

inb4harambejokes

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
This movie has the potential to be the movie that everyone tried to convince themselves the Pacific Rim movies were (or at least the first one)

Pacific Rim was fucking awesome. Bought it for my nephew for Christmas this year because he's just getting into Godzilla and I'm not even sure he knows what Pacific Rim is

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pacific Rim was fucking awesome. Bought it for my nephew for Christmas this year because he's just getting into Godzilla and I'm not even sure he knows what Pacific Rim is

It was all right. Thought people got a little too hyped off it. Didn't help that they messed up with the sequel, either.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I know it's not happening, but goddamnit I want Gamera. I'm sure they can promise whatever stupid copyright owner owns him like 1% of the gross and they'd do it. I just wanna see Godzilla and a giant turtle fucking up other monsters for fucks sake!

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Nah I agree with him. Got all these monsters with special powers and abilities compared to King Kong who's just a gorilla.

inb4harambejokes

Didn’t King Kong use lightning in one of the movies years ago? Like he absorbed a lightning strike and was lightning punching shit.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Didn’t King Kong use lightning in one of the movies years ago? Like he absorbed a lightning strike and was lightning punching shit.
Yep. That was their solution for the original Godzilla vs King Kong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
theyve painted both godzilla and kong as defenders of earth, so they'll fight, im sure, but then we'll find out godzilla's mom's name is martha and kong will go apeshit on a giant troll

• 6Worf
  • 2Jonesing
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Some team work at the end....carrying Godzilla into the fight.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
ok who watched movies like that as a kid with your friends and everyone picked which monster in the film was going to be them? caught myself doing that just now watching that fan preview when mothra showed haha

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Cant seem to find a thread thats just Godzilla in general

While I did enjoy Godzilla (2014) and am looking forward to this next film, I happened to finally get around to watching Shin Godzilla on my flight home from DC.

All in all, a great effort and one of the best Godzilla films
where there are no other kaiju present

They do a wonderful job making Godzilla feel like a genuine threat: damn near impossible to injure, and then he does this.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cant seem to find a thread thats just Godzilla in general

While I did enjoy Godzilla (2014) and am looking forward to this next film, I happened to finally get around to watching Shin Godzilla on my flight home from DC.

All in all, a great effort and one of the best Godzilla films
where there are no other kaiju present

They do a wonderful job making Godzilla feel like a genuine threat: damn near impossible to injure, and then he does this.

Jesus Christ LOL

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Shin Godzilla was great, I loved the part where they woke him by crashing a pair of bullet trains into him.

It was Japanese turned up to 11 !

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shin Godzilla was great, I loved the part where they woke him by crashing a pair of bullet trains into him.

It was Japanese turned up to 11 !

Is there any violent human deaths? I want to watch some Godzilla’s with my son but he’s only four. I’m cool with monster on monster violence for him, not ready for human violence yet.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Is there any violent human deaths? I want to watch some Godzilla’s with my son but he’s only four. I’m cool with monster on monster violence for him, not ready for human violence yet.
i checked and shin Godzilla gets a "R" rating, holy shit, but the deaths are done off screen, i think!

"Mayor-san, Gojira Desu, run fastu!!!"

and then fade to next scene, nothing like robocop runs over sludge guy.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i checked and shin Godzilla gets a "R" rating, holy shit, but the deaths are done off screen, i think!

"Mayor-san, Gojira Desu, run fastu!!!"

and then fade to next scene, nothing like robocop runs over sludge guy.

Hmm I have travel coming up, I’ll just watch it alone in hotel one night and see if he could handle it. We’ve watched some random Godzilla fight scenes on YouTube and he loves it. We then pretend to be monsters and fight each other in the living room.

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Hmm I have travel coming up, I’ll just watch it alone in hotel one night and see if he could handle it. We’ve watched some random Godzilla fight scenes on YouTube and he loves it. We then pretend to be monsters and fight each other in the living room.
there's NOT a lot of zilla action, actually probably the least amount, cuz it's actually like

pokemon godzilla