Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I felt a bit let down by that version of Godzilla, but I can't really describe why. I mean, he's obviously on a power level way beyond what even some of the crazier versions have shown, but there was still something a little off, to me at least. However, the American liaison chick is fucking gorgeous, and is worth the price of admission alone. She's also the chick with the goggles in Attack on Titan, if I remember correctly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I hope there's a black Godzilla, a chinese Mothra, and a transexual T-rex. Otherwise I can't watch this white privilege cis-male pile of shit.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I felt a bit let down by that version of Godzilla, but I can't really describe why. I mean, he's obviously on a power level way beyond what even some of the crazier versions have shown, but there was still something a little off, to me at least. However, the American liaison chick is fucking gorgeous, and is worth the price of admission alone. She's also the chick with the goggles in Attack on Titan, if I remember correctly.
Are you from the future to compare the cast of two unreleased movies or am I just confused?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Are you from the future to compare the cast of two unreleased movies or am I just confused?
I didn't quote anyone, so I can see where it is confusing. I was referring to Shin Godzilla, because the clip someone linked in a spoiler a few posts above mine is where Godzilla goes absolutely apeshit with his breath and "laser beams from his spikes," which is why I commented that he's on a much higher power level. The American liaison from that movie is the gorgeous one I'm talking about, Satomi Ishihara.
tumblr_oha76aWvCZ1qcqjsdo1_640[1].png

She's also in Attack on Titan, the live action version.

I have not seen Godzilla, King of the Monsters yet. I am very excited to do so though, because I went back and skimmed through Shin Godzilla last night, and I realized why I disliked it...because Godzilla literally looks like a fucking Downs Syndrome monster in it. He isn't scary or menacing, he looks fucking retarded, and just happens to destroy tons of shit too. Half the time it looks like they literally just propped up a model of him and blew up shit around him.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
I know that. I was just clarifying for Szlia that I'm not a time traveler from the future.

Oh fucking derp, didn't see the quote at the top of your post. Just hotness then paragraph afterward. Mah bad.

• 1Like

Szlia

Void Void Oh ok! My confusion came for the fact that googling for an Attack on Titan movie only gave me the Warner Bros version that is in development. Thanks for nothing Google!

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Void Void Oh ok! My confusion came for the fact that googling for an Attack on Titan movie only gave me the Warner Bros version that is in development. Thanks for nothing Google!
Ah ok. I don't know if I can recommend the live action version or not, I suppose it depends a lot on how much you like that kind of thing. It seemed like a fairly decent interpretation, for how crazy the original concept is, and only watching one episode of the original anime. There were several really cute girls in the live action, but I had the hardest time keeping all the male characters straight. Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure that I was involved in a lengthy conversation on these forums about it, where I completely mixed up the two main characters right from the very beginning. And most of the side characters, fuck, while I was wathing it I honestly was thinking that maybe I'm just fucking retarded. I could make the racist joke that all Asians look the same to me, but really, I just couldn't tell!

Szlia

Yeah. I have seen more than my fair share of asian movies and still from time to time I get confused (usually if it's a classic story that does a poor work at exposition or if it's a, let's say, experimental story and the ambiguities leaks out to who is who).

Though I saw it more than 20 years ago ( :( ), so maybe seeing it now would be a different experience, the worst offender of this was Hou Hsiao-Hsien's A City of Sadness. I mean, when you have two characters off screen you can't identify talking about the margins of historical events you don't know and that were not shown in the movie and everyone is calling each other uncle or brother you are fucked! It's a 2h37m film, but watching it with a friend it probably took us more than 3 hours, because we had to pause after each subtitle to try and decipher wtf was going on!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i can see where it'll be difficult

1. korean - where every joe smoe has plastic surgery to look the same
2. period/historical piece where everyone has one hairstyle
3. culturally facial hair is reserved for vagrants/older generation

so something like this
b67fdaa3-6a54-4d7d-946d-511ecb57b0ff.jpg

if you said you couldn't identify 3,5,6 correctly with the threat of anal rape.

No shade, my ass would be bleeding too

• 1Worf

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
3 and 7 are related, or they share the same plastic surgeon as every other Korean. That doctor has a stencil for women -and- men.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Fuck me this looks good. This is the utter carnage that a kaiju movie should have, with millions dying and buildings being annihilated by their mere presence. Also confirmed fights with Mothra/Rodan, Rodan/Ghidorah, and obviously Godzilla vs everyone. Looking like this may be the one for kaiju film lovers.

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
THAT preview clip looks SWEET.

gonna have to play the godzilla movie for the wife for her to catch up but...damn seeing this.

• 1Like