GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Arya obviously uses the same magic that allows her to shapeshift into altering the physics of sword fighting.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Again, she was sparring with a friendly opponent swinging an intentionally dulled practice blade.

I'm pretty sure all parties involved were fully aware that in real one-on-one combat between the two, the vast majority of Brienne's time would have been spent casually sewing a merken out of Arya's eyebrows.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
White Walkers are obviously Mexicans - cheap labor, survive in harsh conditions, and there is a giant wall keeping them from entering the promised land.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The show plays so fast and loose with timing I don't think Tarly was actually at the battle. Bronn and Dickon were going to flog the stragglers while Jaime oversaw and then Tarly rode off, I believe. I think this could be the show's way of saying he had already ridden far enough away by the time the battle started. There were no shots of him from the time Bronn heard the Dothraki to the end of the episode.

Tarly could be in Mereen by now. The flow of time and travel in this show is downright idiotic.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Again, she was sparring with a friendly opponent swinging an intentionally dulled practice blade.

I'm pretty sure all parties involved were fully aware that in real one-on-one combat between the two, the vast majority of Brienne's time would have been spent casually sewing a merken out of Arya's eyebrows.

I'm pretty sure all parties involved were fully aware that in real one-on-one combat between the two, the vast majority of Brienne's time would have been spent getting stabbed in the back by someone she never saw at a time she didn't expect it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also Arya was Water dancing. She learned water dancing from Syrio Forel. Arya said that, "No One" taught her how to water dance. Alluding to the Faceless Men.

Syrio Forel = Faceless Man theory confirmed.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure all parties involved were fully aware that in real one-on-one combat between the two, the vast majority of Brienne's time would have been spent getting stabbed in the back by someone she never saw at a time she didn't expect it.

So not real one-on-one combat, which is the point.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Tarly is still there giving orders to his men right before the fight begins, IIRC. Helping them form the line but yeah after that he kind of poofs.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I mean, you jest, but it would fulfill the witch's prophecy where she does get done in by her brother, just not the brother she thought would do it.

Wasnt jesting, once King Tom killed himself because Cersei napalmed a quarter of the city, Jaime was looking at her like a mad dog, their house was over, their chance at a dynasty was gone. He knows he has to take Old Yeller out behind the barn and put her down. He just has to muster the courage to do it.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
My biggest gripes are still not with the characters, or the show but rather HBO's decision to cut out 7 episodes from this series when many things could have been explained better or story arcs filled more. We saw Sam go to Old Castle, which oddly enough Jorah happens to show up infected and he cures him. Now I suppose we'll not see them again or they will magically teleport all the way across an entire continent longways to some mission or statement. What a fucking waste. If HBO had any sense they would have cut the opiate supply to the writers 40%, just enough to make them write out 5 more hours of events and dialogue and gave this series the proper burial it deserves.

I agree. With a top rated show that brings in loads of views and data, what is 5-7 more episodes of content? I know it's expensive but there's no way this isn't offset by the views, conversations, etc HBO gets from the series. To cut episodes means you put in some costs and effort into that episode. Wouldn't it be better to get something back than nothing? HBO is going to make a killing on the series DVD/BluRay release when it happens. That's almost pure profit. It's sad they are cutting costs at the stage when the audience is probably at it's highest point.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I agree. With a top rated show that brings in loads of views and data, what is 5-7 more episodes of content? I know it's expensive but there's no way this isn't offset by the views, conversations, etc HBO gets from the series. To cut episodes means you put in some costs and effort into that episode. Wouldn't it be better to get something back than nothing? HBO is going to make a killing on the series DVD/BluRay release when it happens. That's almost pure profit. It's sad they are cutting costs at the stage when the audience is probably at it's highest point.

You act like HBO isn't going to charge the same amount for the BluRays even when it's only 7 or 6 episodes.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm calling it now. Jaime is going to escape in some retarded way or Tyrion is going to let him go in some equally retarded way. Can't let Jaime be a prisoner twice now! That's bad for his character development. Bronn will be with Jaime whatever happens to him and the Tarly's will be prisoners.

I will legitimately be fucking pissed when this happens. Even more pissed if they all escape somehow.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Wasnt jesting, once King Tom killed himself because Cersei napalmed a quarter of the city, Jaime was looking at her like a mad dog, their house was over, their chance at a dynasty was gone. He knows he has to take Old Yeller out behind the barn and put her down. He just has to muster the courage to do it.

And keep his bro-penis in his pantaloons.

Maybe he'll just donkey punch her to death.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do we know how Dany knew that Jamie would be caravaning all of Highgarden's gold on the road? I assumed Theon was involved somehow but I wasn't sure how he'd know.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Then he can be the Kingslayer AND the Queenslayer. And the next monarch will probably put Sir Regicide on the kingsguard because apparently that's what you do.

• 1Solidarity