GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Do we know how Dany knew that Jamie would be caravaning all of Highgarden's gold on the road? I assumed Theon was involved somehow but I wasn't sure how he'd know.

Tyrion probably put 2+2 together when he found out Lannister Castle wasnt defended? He probably knew their mines were dry.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Does castle forged steel mean anything?
yep.

Armament
Castle-forged weapons are of high quality, generally better than those produced by smiths in the cities. However, usually only knights and nobles can afford them. The rarest and most desired swords are those forged in Old Valyria, of Valyrian steel. These swords are stronger, lighter, and sharper than all others (except perhaps for Dawn), and the steel is typically dark, almost black. The secrets of forging them have been lost and there are perhaps only a couple of hundred of them left in Westeros, mostly as prized heirlooms by noble houses.[/img]

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Do we know how Dany knew that Jamie would be caravaning all of Highgarden's gold on the road? I assumed Theon was involved somehow but I wasn't sure how he'd know.

I'm not sure they knew specifically, but they did have the discussion about cutting off supply lines to King's Landing.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Could she not just fly around on Drogon at 10,000ft and see everything in an afternoon?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I agree. With a top rated show that brings in loads of views and data, what is 5-7 more episodes of content? I know it's expensive but there's no way this isn't offset by the views, conversations, etc HBO gets from the series. To cut episodes means you put in some costs and effort into that episode. Wouldn't it be better to get something back than nothing? HBO is going to make a killing on the series DVD/BluRay release when it happens. That's almost pure profit. It's sad they are cutting costs at the stage when the audience is probably at it's highest point.

wasn't it less about cutting costs but making sure they could do the remaining battles and storylines justice? Rather than having 7-8 episodes of build up to a key battle we've just had 3 episodes and 1 battle with presumably 1-2 more to come this season.

That behind the scenes video said that episode 4 had 4-5x the Dany on Dragon shots that they had when she was in Meereen

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If CGI is so god damn expensive, why not just use models?

Like in Monty Python.

Shit worked fine for them. Fucking imgrates.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah fuck that Randal Tarly was right there in the thick of the fucking battle. He was yelling shields and spears and was rallying his men right before the charge.

Jamie openly concedes to him being the best general left in Westeros and even offers him to be his leading general in battle for fucks sake!

Not only that but this is the same motherfucker washing out whores vaginas with lye and shit in the books and is supposedly a bad dude. He even outmaneauvered Robert Baratheon in battle, and he is a no show in that battle?

Bad writing is bad. Do you guys think he'll ever even mention HIS MISSING FUCKING VALARYIAN SWORD at any point? I'm guessing no as they couldn't even show him kill a dude on screen. Fucking WEAK.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
wasn't it less about cutting costs but making sure they could do the remaining battles and storylines justice? Rather than having 7-8 episodes of build up to a key battle we've just had 3 episodes and 1 battle with presumably 1-2 more to come this season.

That behind the scenes video said that episode 4 had 4-5x the Dany on Dragon shots that they had when she was in Meereen

Probably right and I am for better battles, etc. My whine has been negated good sir.

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The show went downhill fast after season 5. There's really no point in pissing and moaning, we're too invested to not see this through but I promise the writing will not get better my friends.

Anyone want to write fan fiction with me?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure what point you are making here. I am referring to the grunting giant 6'4 woman swinging hundreds of pounds of force against a twig holding a twig and fully parrying it. Nothing to do with the quality of the sword.

For the sake of your sanity assume that Brienne saw Arya was stupid enough to try and directly parry that swing and was able to react quickly enough to pull her shot so she didn't crush Arya's skull.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Nah fuck that Randal Tarly was right there in the thick of the fucking battle. He was yelling shields and spears and was rallying his men right before the charge.

Jamie openly concedes to him being the best general left in Westeros and even offers him to be his leading general in battle for fucks sake!

Not only that but this is the same motherfucker washing out whores vaginas with lye and shit in the books and is supposedly a bad dude. He even outmaneauvered Robert Baratheon in battle, and he is a no show in that battle?

Bad writing is bad. Do you guys think he'll ever even mention HIS MISSING FUCKING VALARYIAN SWORD at any point? I'm guessing no as they couldn't even show him kill a dude on screen. Fucking WEAK.

Those are some weak ass 'points' bro. Generals don't have to kill people on screen to be the best general. I'd say he was a no show because he's a really fucking minor character and they want screen time for their top talent. Maybe, he doesn't know how to fight dragons since he umm, never fought any? Or probably ten other reasons we shouldn't give a damn if Tarly shows back up? Also, what person would be telling everyone about their son robbing them during a visit? Sounds 13-D chess right there. I'll whine about my sword every scene I get to show my badass rating for everyone. Son robs me blind but please let me have control over your most valuable assets during war. Yep, solid idea.

• 2Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm not sure what point you are making here. I am referring to the grunting giant 6'4 woman swinging hundreds of pounds of force against a twig holding a twig and fully parrying it. Nothing to do with the quality of the sword.

To quote a great fighter of today.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed

What I was getting at is that the steel grade could hold up to full force strikes from Briannemmoth.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The entire Randal Tarly thing is wierd, he is right at the front line barking orders and is next to Dickon right before the dragon swoops down and then he isn't in a single frame after that. It's like they edited out all his scenes or they forgot to even film any. Even Dickon shows up again when he savies Jamie.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

What I was getting at is that the steel grade could hold up to full force strikes from Briannemmoth.

It wouldn't have mattered if she was holding a light saber, the torque of getting hit that hard would have twisted her sword out of the way because it was too light and she's too weak to have resisted it. Even if Needle wouldn't have snapped it would have gone flying.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm calling it now. Jaime is going to escape in some retarded way or Tyrion is going to let him go in some equally retarded way. Can't let Jaime be a prisoner twice now! That's bad for his character development. Bronn will be with Jaime whatever happens to him and the Tarly's will be prisoners.

I will legitimately be fucking pissed when this happens. Even more pissed if they all escape somehow.

Euron will probably teleport in and pull him out of the water.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

It would hold up in the sense that it would not break. It doesn't mean it is immovable. Precision and and timing can win out, but not in the way it was shown there. That's all strength on strength what was shown. Arya would have to redirect the swing, not full on block it.