GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Even the book, especially the fourth book, hit the shit.

George is a good writer but he lacks the stamina to finish a series like Tolkien. Tolkien lived his books. It was his life. George is just a pop book writer.

Four and five would have been pretty good if they were trimmed and combined. He added so many new characters and weird, meandering plotlines. It was his way of stalling for time because he clearly had little clue where to take this thing after the insanity of A Storm of Swords

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked it. Everything was too predictable but I still liked it.

I suppose you can make an argument that you'd have more advantage with horses in open fields, but having your army stand outside the castle was stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Undead traditional tactic is simple. Have the Cleric or Pally cast turn undead. Fucking King of the North came to a fight with undead and failed to recruit a Cleric or Pally. Beric is a pally but obviously too low level to turn undead.

Umm Melisandre was a Cleric. But one of those kits that trade off turn undead for extra offensive magic I guess.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I really thought they were about to take that episode to the next level and have Sansa & Tyrion commit suicide. One of the few times I was borderline freaking the fuck out watching something.

Mixed emotions on the episode. Was badass for 80 out of the 85 minutes. Props to them for pulling off such a big battle for TV... Even if the main storyline was a giant red herring.

Hosix

All labs matter!
They should have taken Bran to the top of a hill. Implanted him with dragon glass spikes all over? He wouldn’t feel it in his legs. Then as they charged rolled him down the hill. That way NK gotta stop the Bran train of boom!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The average wight cant weigh more than what, 60-100 pounds? Only the very recently raised would still have most of their mass left. Massed cavalry charge would honestly have never stopped until the horses got tired, aside from running into the occasional giant.

Plot twist: The flaming arakhs slowly winking out wasn't the Dothraki dying, they just rode down so many wights that they were too far away to be seen anymore.

I mean look what the wights did to the dragon. There are just so many they would bring down horses quick. It's not just that these are quick undead there are just so god damn many of them. The horses may go in but they aren't going far. There is still a huge mass of undead there that would just swarm over everything. They were running and jumping over top of each other when they were rushing the infantry lines. Also trying to ride a horse over a shitload of dead bodies isn't going to end well.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
just rewatching this episode and I noticed they placed catapults in front of the infantry

lol what the fuck.
They had no room if you think about it. They wanted space to retreat and you had the trench and shit there. Once the undead get close those catapults are worthless, might as well have them out of the way. Better to have a mass of Unsullied bodies there.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Four and five would have been pretty good if they were trimmed and combined. He added so many new characters and weird, meandering plotlines. It was his way of stalling for time because he clearly had little clue where to take this thing after the insanity of A Storm of Swords

On my reread of book five I skipped all the Dany chapters and Tirion chapters and it was legit good.

Book four was still confusing the second time around.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
What’s the name of that website who would do entire episodes in images with their own dialogue? Have they done anything this season?

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
If they really wanted to piss people off they would of ended this episode with the NK standing in front of Bran so people could speculate for a week only to be left disappointed as Ayra does her shit. They would of went full Hollywood cocksucker and ended the show with the NK looking down on Bran about to reach for his sword and the preview for next week would be some Euron gayness.

Shit, what do you think this is; The Walking Dead Season 6?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Before I catch up on this thread - I interpreted Melisandre's death as her waiting all this time to die because she wanted to make sure she ended up with the God of light and not in the night king's army.

• 3Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hmm chance this ends with Westeros being rule by a round table of 7 people representing the New Gods? Jon = Warrior, Dani = Mother, Arya = Stranger, Gendry = Smith, etc. etc ?

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Before I catch up on this thread - I interpreted Melisandre's death as her waiting all this time to die because she wanted to make sure she ended up with the God of light and not in the night king's army.

I think the fire swords and her firing up the trench were only supplementary for the real reason she was there. To point Arya at the Night King. With the NK dead she could finally let herself die cuz she couldn't live with what she did to Shireen.

• 3Like