GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have you been reading this thread or watching this show? Bran served to verify Jon's heritage.

And that's fine from a show perspective. But you're telling me the 3ER, the ancient enemy of the Night King, has existed for centuries just to be passed to Bran so he could reveal Jon's parentage?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TV calibration argument is a crock of shit since if there's a calibration problem, it's usually that people have their TV set way too bright and oversaturated (which is how they come out of the box because that way it looks best to the when placed next to the other TVs in the store)

Watched this on cable TV and I had to turn the TV up high enough to seriously reduce contrast to be even able to see what was going on, still couldn't make out who was who at times. Once I'm back home I'll get a *cough* digital stream and watch it again on my plasma, not expecting much improvement going on what you guys are saying though.

This stuff is all filmed in log scale too so they could have made it all brighter very easily, they just chose not to.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have to really question the writers now, and if they have truly just fucked this entire thing up.

They had some retarded shit before, Dorne stuff, etc, but with the way they handled this last episode was just fucking awful.

They needed to have Jon be involved somehow during that final showdown. They could have still had Melisandre contribute, but then should have had some dialogue where Jon, Arya and Bran are all involved in the NK kill.

Instead they literally put Bran on pause, and then had Jon play chicken with a zombie dragon.

Fucking retarded.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I did think it was awesome that heartsbane was this giant 2h sword that sam could barely lug around- and Jorah da explorer just 1h's it like a mad pro

I always thought it looked like a bastard sword. Can be used 1 or 2 handed.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
And that's fine from a show perspective. But you're telling me the 3ER, the ancient enemy of the Night King, has existed for centuries just to be passed to Bran so he could reveal Jon's parentage?

Yes, probably. Hollywood!

Edit: Maybe Qyburn or whatever the hell his name will kick off another zombie apocalypse and that will be the true battle against the dead... maybe..

spronk

FPS noob
i just realized the only reason dany is alive is because she was defended by the sword from the family that she murdered (Tarly's)

ain't that some shit

also this is the campaign poster for a right wing italian politician, it translates into "Invaded by White Walkers? Not today." lol

7j20f3drahv21.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I am wondering how Cersi's Bill Nye gets got in the end. Since HBO has taken the anti-trope book to hackney town on TV, the Mountain kills his creator? Or does Samwell out Maester him in a LARP lightning bolt duel?

Qyburn-Game-of-Thrones-730x586.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i just realized the only reason dany is alive is because she was defended by the sword from the family that she murdered (Tarly's)

ain't that some shit

also this is the campaign poster for a right wing italian politician, it translates into "Invaded by White Walkers? Not today." lol

7j20f3drahv21.jpg

So is she anti white or is she calling brown people white walkers?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

ain't that some shit

7j20f3drahv21.jpg

invaded by strange (foreign) masses?
not today
naval blockade now
defend the borders

it doesn't say white walkers anywhere (though maybe the translation of white walkers in italian is masse di estranei, strange masses, foreign horde, etc)

Cybsled

I am wondering how Cersi's Bill Nye gets got in the end. Since HBO has taken the anti-trope book to hackney town on TV, the Mountain kills his creator? Or does Samwell out Maester him in a LARP lightning bolt duel?

Honestly if their goal is to subvert expectations, then I expect Dany to die or not get the throne. Like others have echoed, the death of Jorah and the loss of most of her dothraki and unsullied are going to harden her. In her eyes, anyone who didn't help in the battle of the Night King is in part responsible for the losses she suffered. Cersei and her forces being #1, but it wouldn't surprise me if that other northern house that didn't show up gets flame broiled in a fit of anger. If Missandrei dies, she will go full Mad King. I think it is more likely she dies than Grey Worm. I could also see her killing Bronn. Our expectation is that Bronn will not want to kill Tyrion/Jamie and Tyrion will want to employ Bronn instead, but I could see Dany using Bronn as a focus of her anger and having him brutally killed, which would shake Tyrion's faith in her. It might also put Tyrion more in line with Sansa's worries and maybe they get remarried at the end of everything (I could see both surviving all this).

Jon probably won't want the throne, either. Varys and Qyburn are going to be who squares off, IMO, in terms of who kills Qyburn.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Honestly if their goal is to subvert expectations, then I expect Dany to die or not get the throne. Like others have echoed, the death of Jorah and the loss of most of her dothraki and unsullied are going to harden her. In her eyes, anyone who didn't help in the battle of the Night King is in part responsible for the losses she suffered. Cersei and her forces being #1, but it wouldn't surprise me if that other northern house that didn't show up gets flame broiled in a fit of anger. If Missandrei dies, she will go full Mad King. I think it is more likely she dies than Grey Worm. I could also see her killing Bronn. Our expectation is that Bronn will not want to kill Tyrion/Jamie and Tyrion will want to employ Bronn instead, but I could see Dany using Bronn as a focus of her anger and having him brutally killed, which would shake Tyrion's faith in her. It might also put Tyrion more in line with Sansa's worries and maybe they get remarried at the end of everything (I could see both surviving all this).

Jon probably won't want the throne, either. Varys and Qyburn are going to be who squares off, IMO, in terms of who kills Qyburn.

Maybe we will finally get to see Varys' little birds, and Qyburn will wind up in a box.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I think you could take just about any sensible idea you just thought of and it'd be more coherent and satisfying than whatever will happen.

But i think they know their limits and are going to shoot for an easy, comfortable finish

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Subverting expectations would be she actually sits on the throne.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The dragon fight kicked ass.

Gripes such as the show's reduced creativity are unavoidable. I've my own criticism, each season has dropped a bit since the first then the tone became more blockbustery during season five, which is not entirely a complaint or nitpicking, but I like the unexpected turns and am perfectly fine with it so far.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Omg did you guys see the thing where Arya got naked, perfect character evolution!

OMG did you GuyZ see the part where Arya came out of nowhere and Killed the Night King, and saved Westeros? Perfect story line evolution!

Omg did you guzys see how Sam got every non important character killed and managed to end the episode plopped over on the ground poking blue eyed whyte peeple? Perfect Soyboy heroicZ, #efficient conservation of energy!

Omg did you guys see the dregaon get attacked by all the ants? Poor Dregon.

Omg did you see how the show runners managed to make it look like everyone was going to die and all hope was lost, but then they just Deus Ex Machina'd the shit out of the story line that's been the bases of the entire show because a girl has two hands?

Amazing!

VideogameZebraGuy~

• 1Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
If you don't adjust your television's settings and the lighting level of the room for each show that you watch than you are a double peasant.

Lighting? Sure. Settings? Fuck that. I have a calibrated dark room and light room mode, and that's as much as I'm willing to mess with settings on a show by show basis.

Both the streams and the broadcast are shit for quality. I watched a bit of the Battle on the Blackwater on Blu-Ray immediately after last night's episode. I was surprised to find that it is extremely dark as well for a good amount of its running time, but holy hell did it look (and sound) 1000x better.