Not open for further replies.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ahh the Rockstar game cycle continues.

1. Pop a boner over game reveals
2. Buy game
3. Play 1/100 of game
4. Never touch game again

Although I will say that the multiplayer car racing (where you could sit by the finish line with a bazooka and ruin peoples shit) from GTA IV was amazing fun.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bounties, hunting, and weapon wheel all from Red Dead Redemption. The more things they can take from that game the better.

and in erection-based analogies, I went from six to midnight.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ahh the Rockstar game cycle continues.

1. Pop a boner over game reveals
2. Buy game
3. Play 1/100 of game
4. Never touch game again

Although I will say that the multiplayer car racing (where you could sit by the finish line with a bazooka and ruin peoples shit) from GTA IV was amazing fun.
Yeah, I did this with part IV and now I'm getting a bit stoked about this one after that video. Time for a cold shower.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, that looked fucking awesome. If they can deliver half of that gameplay video in a fun to play way (with good controls/interaction), it'll be terrific. Either way, I look forward to dispersing all of my "heist" money to the black guy so I can watch him piss it all away on bling, blow & bitches.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they just need to ignore gta4 even happened. Get back to GTA:SA and Vice city gameplay/story/mechanics and have at it. San Andreas was THE most fun I've ever had in a GTA...and Vice City was pretty fucking fun.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I haven't followed this real closely, but is there going to be no PC version(like RDR) or just a delayed one like GTA4?

mysterion_sl

shitlord
I think they just need to ignore gta4 even happened. Get back to GTA:SA and Vice city gameplay/story/mechanics and have at it. San Andreas was THE most fun I've ever had in a GTA...and Vice City was pretty fucking fun.
i remember that when gta4 came out they had similar great gameplay videos and how fucking excited i was; then i played gta4 for about 15 hours and i play san andreas still today (for more than 300 hours). fool me once ... fuck you.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There will probably be a half-assed PC port in 6 months or so. Then a few months after that modders will have fixed it and the PC version will be completely superior to the console versions.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One of the criminals names was Gustavo Mota, lol

I miss El Burro

Braen

<Medals Crew>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...auto-5-pc-port

From the Article_sl said:
Rockstar Job Listing May Hint at Grand Theft Auto 5 PC Port

A job listing from Rockstar suggests that the studio could be prepping a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V after all. A listing from Rockstar Leeds (since removed but captured by Rockstar Watch) was seeking "a talented graphics programmer to help bring our latest titles to the PC platform."

"Working together with the other Rockstar studios, you will be responsible for maintaining the studio's uncompromising quality bar, delivering the highest quality PC experience possible," the listing continued. It also referred to "working with skilled developers on Next Generation games."

For now, Grand Theft Auto V is only planned for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Previously, thousands of fans signed a petition for a PC version and listings appeared on various retailers, but nothing has been officially confirmed. It's worth noting that Grand Theft Auto IV hit consoles in April 2008 while a PC version didn't arrive until more than seven months later.

We've reached out to Rockstar about the listing and will update this story with any comment we receive. Until then, be sure to read about what's new in today's gameplay trailer.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe I'm alone in this but I fucking loved GTA4, I bought the game.. twice. Once for the 360 and then the PC, and I've probably logged 250+ hours in both copies with five or six play throughs. It was epically fun for me, had amazing characters, the stories were interesting and the black humor top notch. My only gripe was the way saving and missions worked.. the lack of check points was frustrating, but I felt the Ballad of Gay Tony touched on that issue and made failing waaaay less frustrating. I honestly can only think of a handful of games since then that I've felt like I've gotten that much gaming for my money.

Yousef Amir from the Ballad of Gay Tony was probably the best done character I've ever seen in a video game, seriously if you haven't played a Ballad of Gay Tony then his character is more than worth it to pick up the expansion.

Edit: His cutscenes

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Seems like GTA IV was either loved or hated. I hated it. Played for maybe 3-4 hours, most of which was me just trying to push through, and I just could not like it what so ever. I enjoyed all the other GTAs, I enjoy every Saints Row game, but not GTA IV.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Wow that looks really good. I'm not a fan of swapping between 3 different main characters but everything else looks great.

I really had a hard time getting into SR3. I enjoyed the previous version and have enjoyed all the GTA. SR3 just felt like all side missions and not much main mission once you got past the first few hours. They tried to meter out all these cool options: tanks, hacking, insurance fraud, steal cars, guardian etc etc but in the end they felt like tacked on repeating crap.

This looks much more realistic. If even half of it is decent it will be GOTY.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played through GTA 4 2 times on PS3...then bought it for PC and heavily modded it and while it's better on the PC...I'm still not in love with it like I was with San Andreas.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
" maintaining the studio's uncompromising quality bar, delivering the highest quality PC experience possible,"
hahahhaaha GTAIV for the PC was a pile of shit until mods fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.