Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was cooking during those bouts of diarrhea.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of keto shit...

I normally don't go in for these keto recipes, but this does look pretty amazing. If it's legit, it would be pretty damn awesome.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
going to do a pork butt in the smoker, when I get home today I'll be making he rub and getting it on the pork and letting it sit. It's going in the smoker tonight at about 10 PM.

I guess I should do sides or something, everyone may not appreciate a mountain of pork with nothing else.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Taking my first run at a brisket. Put it in the Sous Vide Friday evening and it'll be done tomorrow morning around 6am, then smoke for 2 hours. I cut it in half, doing half traditional style and the other half I'm gonna mop some BBQ sauce on it.

Monday I have some pork ribs that are going to get the same treatment. Got a nice pork rub from a co-worker I'm going to try out.

My stuff never turns out presentable, but if it does I'll attach some pics.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some of the best foods are not presentable: bbq and indian food. No one cares as long as it tastes good.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hekotat

Ended up in the sous vide for 40 hours rather than 36 since I didn't want to wake up at 6am to remove them.

Just put em in the smoker for a few hours. I'm looking forward to dis.

Hekotat

Well, I don't think my smoker is cooking at the temperature I set it says it's cooking at.

Basically the ends are ruined but the middle section is salvageable. This was after 1 hour at supposedly 150F (Which was the lowest setting). Kind of disappointing, but oh well.

Hekotat

I made some ribs Monday in the Sous Vide, cooked them for 12 hours then put them in the oven to sear.

They turned out really really good, I feel somewhat redeemed. I'm going to conquer this brisket though.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
most of the hippies love their overnight oats.

Whichever type of oatmeal you like best (I'm a fan of steelcut for most uses, but sometimes you just gota have some instant) + liquid of choice + toppings of choice in a container and let it sit overnight. Not technically cooked, but the oatmeal does soak it all up and soften (instant to rolled approximate normally cooked oatmeal, steelcut to irish/scottish ends up being soft but still a lot of chew.) Overnight Oats

Alton Brown did a thing on crockpot/slowcooker oatmeal. Flashback Friday – Alton Brown’s Overnight Oatmeal

Most of the "tech" in oatmeal recipes is negating the 30 min on the stove first thing in the morning; cause aint no-one got time for that.

Last edited:

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Look up baked oatmeal. We do some periodically, and we cook up a large pan, and eat it over the next few days. Heat it up, put some milk over it, maybe some brown sugar, definitely add some fruit. It's pretty good.

Something like this

Baked Oatmeal II Recipe

Hekotat

A friend at work mixes it up and puts it in the fridge and eats it cold, he said he was really skeptical til he tried it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Marinaded some chicken thighs in a curry spice mix and oil and thew them on the egg. They came out fantastic.

Shame: This is the first time I've ever done chicken thighs on the egg. My quality of life just improved significantly.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been fucking lazy recently, dont really want to cook shit. Big part of this is when I do take the time to do it, spend 1/2 the day on a weekend to plan some good shit out, prep for it, cook it, then clean up afterwords, its like the family dont give a shit. So fuck them. enjoy your chicken breasts and fucking burgers, you filthy fuckers.

• 1Worf