Gravy's Cooking Thread

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where you are (region + city/rural) probably matters for this, but one thing to worry about with 2nd hand cast iron is whether it was used for melting lead. Just something to keep in mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why are you using metal utensils on a nonstick pan?
a lot of ppl just grab the most easily available spatula they have, and that would be a fork!

Obviously no one here does, but i'm sure we've all been over someones house and have seen treadmarks on teflon pans, not dings, actual railroad tracks.

what most ppl don't understand is that w/ the non stick teflon and ceramic, you're gonna have to replace it in two years, it just degrades. I have a ceramic one around for fish and if/when wife wants to cook.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't even get the fork in a pan thing. It isn't any easier. And all my pans are shit and stuff sticks a bit anyways; spatulas are still easier.

especially when I make a 5 or 6 egg scramble. I can't even imagine flipping that thing over, or getting it out of the pan, with a fucking fork, LOL

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hell, with eggs you don't even need a spatula. Just flip that shit with the pan as long as it isn't complete garbage.

My dad always insisted on having a pan that sees nothing but eggs (breakfast is serious business) but flipping eggs is pretty simple with a bit of practice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't even get the fork in a pan thing. It isn't any easier. And all my pans are shit and stuff sticks a bit anyways; spatulas are still easier.

especially when I make a 5 or 6 egg scramble. I can't even imagine flipping that thing over, or getting it out of the pan, with a fucking fork, LOL
who says they even have spatulas? and the kind of ppl that grab a fork to cook, if they had a spatula it's usually in the sink anyway.

i mean us asians don't have a problem, we cook w/ chopsticks (obviously wood), but you're blasian, do you cook w/ one chopstick and one fried chicken leg?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not the type of pussy to let a $15 frying pan tell me what utensils I can or can't use. I'll use what I want and if that bitch ass pan can't handle it it can go into the garbage. They have more at Walmart.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Made this fried rice last night and it was insanely tasty.

All of the Alliums fried Rice
white girl fried rice blog recipe
tenor.gif

Lee kum kee makes a sriacha/mayo sauce if you wanna just dump that in next time.
GUEST_5e940e3c-d48d-4df9-ba41-bffae6f7a368

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a day late for halloween, so I apologize for the out of date horror several of you will feel about this.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
so...I saw gochujang or whatever...mayo...at the grocery. Da fuq? Something tells me that isn't for bologna sandwiches, LOL

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so...I saw gochujang or whatever...mayo...at the grocery. Da fuq? Something tells me that isn't for bologna sandwiches, LOL

thats where they want you to put it, they say sriracha mayo doing really well, why no gochujang?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Without going through the last 200 pages, where can I go for solid slow cooker/crock pot recipes? Besides allrecipes.com which I've been 2 for 7 so far...

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I want to make a "different" side dish for my family Thanksgiving dinner. 25 people....ideas please!

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Already taking an antipasto board, a spinach salad that has goat cheese, cranberries, granny smith apple and pecans. I wanted one more "different" hot something (besides Steady) to take.
My sisters already have the green bean casserole, smashed and sweet potatoes, dressing, breads and desserts covered.
Very Midwest traditional. I like to do something a little different. Not so much it won't be eaten, but good golly, something new to the fam.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have no Thanksgiving plans and I'm thinking about going to Vegas. Unrelated to the cooking thread, but it reminded me of the potentially awesome home-cooked meals I may miss.