Gravy's Cooking Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
No, that's what I'm saying. I'm encountering people talking about it, but I've never seen a recipe or had it. I was hoping someone here had it.
Yeah I see that now. Think I was having a senior moment.

Did look around YouTube, and speaking of seniors Orsara has a limoncello crab recipe. His traditional Italian recipes are always spot on and he's fun to watch. Don't see why you couldn't use the same method with chicken or shrimp.

And here's his recipe to make your own homemade limoncello.

Chin chin!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Making Thanksgiving Brisket. Neighbor is making turkey and we're doing a backyard thing.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
yea don't worry, the masterbuilt fryer is built for indoor use, it just takes up a lot of space
9b805abee48b71eb2ddbcc32ee2ba5dc.png
Bro, how many turkeys do you deep fry a year to justify having a super XL turkey deep fryer?

I mean, Erronius Erronius might put this thing to work but you?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bro, how many turkeys do you deep fry a year to justify having a super XL turkey deep fryer?

I mean, Erronius Erronius might put this thing to work but you?
1 turkey a year is enough, i've heard every talk about deep fry turkey

last year i bought an extra turkey to smoke and it was only "alright"

so i really wanted to try deep fry

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I like turkey, people just suck at making it. Had an amazing deep fried turkey. Local smokehouse has amazing smoked turkey (so good I suspect they're cheating like McDonald's used to do soaking the thing in beef stock or something).

I've done a few good, traditional turkeys, brining and buttering and all the tricks that are foreign to boomers. One great where I built a special foil tent with a basting hole and I basted it every 15 minutes as an experiment that worked well (then uncovered and turn up heat to brown of course).

I respect people who just don't like turkey, but hate the cooks, not the game.

The game.... Eh, eh? And with my that, I wish everyone a tasty Thanksgiving!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I like turkey, people just suck at making it. Had an amazing deep fried turkey. Local smokehouse has amazing smoked turkey (so good I suspect they're cheating like McDonald's used to do soaking the thing in beef stock or something).

I've done a few good, traditional turkeys, brining and buttering and all the tricks that are foreign to boomers. One great where I built a special foil tent with a basting hole and I basted it every 15 minutes as an experiment that worked well (then uncovered and turn up heat to brown of course).

We tried a smoked turkey from a local place a couple years back and it became the standard. Whoever is hosting for the year will pick it up the night before and just finish for a few hours the day of. Someone else will do a second protein(typically beef) and everyone chips in with various sides.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

How would that be cheating? If it makes the food taste better anything is fair game.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Turkey tops out at mediocre. Smoked and fried are the best ways to make it but it still is just okay. If you dry it out then it's borderline inedible. Cover it in gravy and cranberries and choke it down.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I have made turkey that is very moist. (My wife hates that word, I use it as often as possible.) Even when it isn't dry, even when it is smoked, even when it is well prepared I don't like the meat. I'd rather have chicken. Or about anything.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
20211125_142445.jpg
20211125_160046.jpg
20211125_163212.jpg
20211125_162713.jpg
20211125_154243.jpg

also had baked roasted japanese yams

surprisingly the ugliest looking dish that green bean cassarole tasted pretty good.

also still got a ham cooking

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I made stock with the duck carcass and I'm using it to make roasted carrot soup with Indian Dukkah spices on top.

• 2Like