Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Made a terrine for the first time. Pork butt minced and wrapped in bacon rashers. We'll see how it is tomorrow. It's setting in the fridge now.

I have three ducks (21 people for Thanksgiving dinner) I'm doing, and a butt load of sides. Creme brulee for dessert. Looking forward to it all!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Terrine is like meat jello, right? Never tried it. Every time I've read up head cheese, aspic, or terrines, it just seems like the texture will be weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Made a terrine for the first time. Pork butt minced and wrapped in bacon rashers. We'll see how it is tomorrow. It's setting in the fridge now.

I have three ducks (21 people for Thanksgiving dinner) I'm doing, and a butt load of sides. Creme brulee for dessert. Looking forward to it all!
Man, post some pics. Interested to see how it all turns out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We make the Ukrainian version at my house sometimes. I rate it as just okay and it isn't something I seek out like she does. She misses weird shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
check your grills now
be9df09b206438564f568df356019ecc.jpg

• 3WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Smokers are better with an app actually. Not everyone has time to sit and babysit the thing for a 15 hour cook. I personally prefer to have it in the thermometer though. Regardless, pushing an update on Thanksgiving day is really fuckin dumb.

• 3Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
So what's her opinion on cottage cheese?

Have you met Lanx Lanx ? LOL

Also basically what BrutulTM BrutulTM said.
actually i'm an advocate of zero electronics in as many appliances as possible, i would rather have a huge double door fridge w/ no water/ice dispenser and i would just use, just last week my dish washer broke for the second time and i really have no idea why it just won't fucking spin.

i just whipped out my old ass ugly crock pot, it just has high/low/warm
crock-pot-3060-w-6-quart-round-slow-cooker-white-4.jpg

to make green bean cassarole

still works cuz theres no fucking transistors in it after 20years

• 3Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Smokers are better with an app actually. Not everyone has time to sit and babysit the thing for a 15 hour cook. I personally prefer to have it in the thermometer though. Regardless, pushing an update on Thanksgiving day is really fuckin dumb.

I don't disagree, but even with the app you have to go and mist it or whatever you're doing.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is why I love pellet smokers. They are about as consistent as you can get when smoking something so you don't have to baby it nearly as much as something else.

Brined and spatchcocked the bird and its smoking now. Should be okay.

• 3Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This is why I love pellet smokers. They are about as consistent as you can get when smoking something so you don't have to baby it nearly as much as something else.

Just make sure your dog doesn't hump it or you ill have Ossoi there asking for seconds.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Is it raining there in Austin? It's pouring here in Houston and I'm trying to time my window to cook my duck out on the grill. Had no clue weather was going to be so bad today.