Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
You can't be on the list twice.

AnotherDownrightHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Change up time. What's everyone's favorite *simple* food? Say, 4-5 major ingredients? Things like PB&J (Assuming that very specific Brand X PB, Brand Y J, and Brand Z Bread; at <time of year> because <reasons>).

I don't know what sort of crack the restaurant used, but there used to be an "Italian" place near an old job that did the most mind blowing Focaccia and dipping oil with giant salt and pepper chunks at the bottom. Had plenty of good Focaccia since then, and various dips, but nothing holds up to what they put on the table as the free starter any/every day of the week (I ate a lot of lunches there, never got old).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Change up time. What's everyone's favorite *simple* food? Say, 4-5 major ingredients? Things like PB&J (Assuming that very specific Brand X PB, Brand Y J, and Brand Z Bread; at <time of year> because <reasons>).

I don't know what sort of crack the restaurant used, but there used to be an "Italian" place near an old job that did the most mind blowing Focaccia and dipping oil with giant salt and pepper chunks at the bottom. Had plenty of good Focaccia since then, and various dips, but nothing holds up to what they put on the table as the free starter any/every day of the week (I ate a lot of lunches there, never got old).
Simple simple and terrible terrible for you...

Quesadilla quick & easy in the microwave
Toasted Bagel with Cream Cheese
Toasted Bagel with Cream Cheese, Egg Over Easy (still lil runny) and a slice of cheddar
Toasted Bagel with Chopped up Steak, Melted Cheddar Cheese and Mayo

Yes, bagels are my weakness.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

ramen

• 1Solidarity

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hahahahaha good old translation problems

From salted sprat. Delicious sprats of spicy salting at home

Salting sprats in brine​

Salting fish in brine can also be quick and easy if you know how to do it right. First, the same mixture is prepared as in the dry method, but it does not pour into a container, but dissolves in hot water. Bring the resulting brine to a boil and immediately remove from heat.

Cool it, fill it with a fish, crushing it from above with oppression. Let it brew for 2-3 hours, then taste the brine. If it seems to you that it turned out to be not salty enough, add salt to it and send the fish to a cool place to infuse and wait for your finest hour.

Crush it from above with oppression INDEED.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What's everyone's favorite *simple* food?

You can't beat a perfectly poached egg IMO. Put that baby on top of literally anything, break the yolk, and the best saucier in France can't fuck with you. My breakfast this morning was a piece of avocado toast with a sausage patty on top and 2 poached eggs on top of that. A little black pepper and hot sauce and you aren't going to do much better than that as far as breakfast goes.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You can't beat a perfectly poached egg IMO. Put that baby on top of literally anything, break the yolk, and the best saucier in France can't fuck with you. My breakfast this morning was a piece of avocado toast with a sausage patty on top and 2 poached eggs on top of that. A little black pepper and hot sauce and you aren't going to do much better than that as far as breakfast goes.
Poached egg? That is fancy shit.

I just like scrambled eggs with salt. Super easy, super satisfying.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Poached eggs are no harder to make than scrambled eggs. If you can boil water and set a timer for 4 minutes you can make perfect poached eggs every time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Pan fried pork chops (thin ones)
Steamed broccoli (in the microwave)
Velveeta shells and cheese (doctored up with sour cream and more cheese)

My mom used to make that all the time when I was growing up. Just a simple easy meal with not a whole hell of a lot of ingredients, but it's still one of my favorites to this day. Not a lot of dishes either just a good cast iron skillet and a small pot, and the broccoli is typically in the bag. I could eat it once a week.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

cheese and jalapeno polenta/grits

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users