Grim Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My first self-reply.

So this was definitely a highly successful re-visit to an old game for me.

I went to the sites and found a nice easy starter that fitted my play style (Deathknight) and now I am level 53 playing Veteran in the Malmouth expansion, still in the first difficulty.

Let me tell you, it is a whole new game for me following a build. My main skill is 26/16 - I am pretty sure I was just using (juiced) regular attack on my highest character played before (lol). Clearly I am not one of the people that like to min/max these games as a hobby to find the best combinations, but I DO love to follow the product these people create.

Loving it.

It has a bit of the Titan Quest problem, however, that the expansions make the playthroughs take a little longer than one can casually stand. I recall playing to the end of Legendary in the original but once the expansions stacked up I never had the endurance to do it again. I should find a guide on an easy build in that game too.

That being said, playing a fast, wrecking build through content makes it far easier to poop-sock through the acts than struggling with some cobbled together skills and gear like my usual playstyle.

I just realized I am not good at games, I just like to copy builds of people who are. I am okay with this.

Anyway, thanks, guys, you have provided me with, easily, 100+ hours of fresh, fun gameplay on a game I have owned for literal years.
Malmouth is definitely too long for what it is. I suggest just skipping it after the first time through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I just realized I am not good at games, I just like to copy builds of people who are. I am okay with this.

Yeah, I've become this kind of player too. I appreciate a lot of games that have the intricacies and complexities a younger me would appreciate, but I don't have the attention span or patience to min/max myself anymore.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Level 65 and I ran out of steam for a bit.

Malmouth expansion is a slog, as indicated, and burned me out.

I ended up going to next difficulty with probably 2 zones left in Malmouth normal because I didn't care to finish.

Then I hit a point in Act II where my poor poison resist fucked me.

So I went back to grind PoE for a break.

Back soon!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Level 65 and I ran out of steam for a bit.

Malmouth expansion is a slog, as indicated, and burned me out.

I ended up going to next difficulty with probably 2 zones left in Malmouth normal because I didn't care to finish.

Then I hit a point in Act II where my poor poison resist fucked me.

So I went back to grind PoE for a break.

Back soon!
Just don’t finish malmouth, move on to the next expansion, it’s a lot more fun. Better quests, better layout, better setting.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Announced an Xbox release for 12/3.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Announced an Xbox release for 12/3.

That’s cool. I sincerely hope for a GD2 in the future. I put a lot of time into this one. It’s one of the best self found, mindless farming while listening to my music arpgs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Following Slaanesh69 Slaanesh69 and saying that I'm not good at these games but have enjoyed just following a built guide and blowing up groups of mobs. No idea wtf I'm doing and all the layers of stuff seems crazy. Haven't touched any crafting anything and just been collecting gear drops along the way.

Level 51 Soldier / Demolitionist doing the 2h dash around fire build watch things blow up. Took a break in the main game right before Fort Ikon, so whatever act that is, to go do Forgotten Gods and have been enjoying that. No idea what the difficulty levels mean or do or the multi playthroughs. Did one of the shattered realm rifts up to like shard 5 or 10. May just keep trudging along and seeing if I want to dig any deeper in to the mechanics or other builds. It has been fun though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just at started this. Any suggestions for a summoner or mage type AOE Build or class ?
There’s a bunch of beginner builds compiled here. Just read through the descriptions to see what play sounds best.

This is assuming you bought the two major expansions so you have all the classes. (Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods). If you don’t have all the classes go up one level and look at build compendium 5 instead of 10. I recommend just getting the expansions, it like doubles the game size and adds three classes.

Summoner is usually a necro + cabalist but there’s also a shaman version, just depends what kind of pets you want.

Mage AOE could be a ton of different combinations, so just read the guide descriptions and go with what sounds cool to you.

There’s also some good guides here, but his stuff is kind of dated now I think. Most of the stuff still applies though. Helps that he breaks down tons of stuff that some of the guides on the forums may not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have a recommendation on a good lazy build for filthy casual leveling?

Edit: Yup, you're correct. I didn't read any other posts before making a post...

• 1Slow
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I have an HC cold drain reaper I been clackin around on here and there. Its a rush sometimes.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone have a recommendation on a good lazy build for filthy casual leveling?

Edit: Yup, you're correct. I didn't read any other posts before making a post...

I might have posted the summoner pet build I used in this thread. Was very strong.

• 1Hodjing

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I recommend this guys videos. He has a lot of good beginners guide vids, but this build is also beginners friendly and only has a few skills. Very good. But check out his Necro only pet build. He just runs around and lets his skellies kill everything.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks Hateyou Hateyou . I went with Mr. Thumpsharts and have gotten to level 22 by holding down the left mouse button and doing nothing else. Perfect build for someone that prefers the feel of a cold drink in the hand while casual'ing....
That’s why I’ve always came back to this game over the past decade. It’s a great one to have a mindless farming build where I can zone out listening to music and drinking.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I did all of elite on that char I mentioned cuz this thread got bumped. Those world totems got some insane shit.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grim Dawn didn't hook me my first play through, but PoE was still fresh and not bloated. Once PoE became a combination of speed run one shot everything combined with needing a calculus degree and multiple 3rd party software to manage, Grim Dawn was a refreshing change of pace. You also get to appreciate something more handcrafted than procedural generated everything.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1674687869732.png

Ring I got from elite log kill quest. When did they add this thing? Forgotten Gods I guess by the class on it. Thing is OP for HC. Debating not using it.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God