Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Sterling

El Presidente
I've mentioned it in other threads, but this is the one MCU movie I've actually been looking forward to. Good trailer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Nebula looks like crap, and I love Karen Gillan. Hopefully it's something they fix with the remaining post production time.

The trailer looks solid. Adam Warlock still looks bad.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd guess "all of the above" honestly.

Pacman. which was refed in the previous movie. Which was partially a source for Among us.
cGc

Green instead of pink though.
suit designs are heavy on 2001 as noted.

I have that Threadless tee.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nebula looks like crap, and I love Karen Gillan. Hopefully it's something they fix with the remaining post production time.

Yeah I think maybe she was sick of hours in the makeup chair and they just painting it on now.

• 1Like

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider

Has she had a kid? Looks fuller in the face if you go back and look at her from the last one...

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The fuck is this. All the chicks now zippertits?
1676548909565.png

• 2WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know, man... nebula has never been a sexual character, at least in the movies. i'm completely unfamiliar with her in the comics. gamora is at least a love interest, so there should be some level of sexualization to her. but mantis and nebula aren't sexual characters. they aren't love interests to anyone. keran gillan and pom klementieff are smokeshows, no doubt, but there's nothing sexual about their characters. same as, honestly, most other characters in the guardians movies.

• 1Picard

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
They also made Drax wear clothes and Peter less He-man adjacent... Equality...?

Angry Gary Oldman GIF
Loser GIF

• 1Like

j00t

They also made Drax wear clothes and Peter less He-man adjacent... Equality...?

Angry Gary Oldman GIF
Loser GIF
well, from what i've heard... i don't have any specific source, just random youtubers who've talked about it... but i guess dave specifically asked to wear a shirt because it's getting harder and harder for him to stay in shape at his age. he's still huge, just he's not going the HGH route that the rock is going, so he has the muscle mass, but not the definition.

also, with chris pratt, the shot in the first one with his shirt off, that was a marvel mandate i think, not a james gunn thing. every marvel hero has to have the muscley panning shot, as silly as it is (yet they get crap for showing females in a sexy pose). i think gunn has been trying to get away from that kind of stuff for a while. i actually don't ever remember a james gunn film (outside of said chris pratt shot) that had any kind of emphasis on shots like that. he always tries to make those scene goofy. check peacemaker for reference

• 3Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i don't know, man... nebula has never been a sexual character, at least in the movies. i'm completely unfamiliar with her in the comics. gamora is at least a love interest, so there should be some level of sexualization to her. but mantis and nebula aren't sexual characters. they aren't love interests to anyone. keran gillan and pom klementieff are smokeshows, no doubt, but there's nothing sexual about their characters. same as, honestly, most other characters in the guardians movies.
There's a difference between not being sexualized, and turning a female's curves into a box shaped abomination.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
after ant man 3 apparently is very mediocre i'm massively lowering expectations for this one, and will only go to theaters if reviewers i trust say its decent. there is some hope i guess since its Gunn & his crew and lets face it Ant Man 2 was pretty mediocre too so no big surprise

social media hype is meaningless, there was lots of early hype for ant man 3 and kang but look how that turned out. its gonna be really funny if DCU reboot turns out better than marvel phase 5

most of that looks like garbage so far. The writer for Avengers: Kang Dynasty wrote Ant Man 3 and the writer for Secret Wars wrote Dr Strange 2 so those 2 movies may be garbage too, sad

• 1Like

j00t

There's a difference between not being sexualized, and turning a female's curves into a box shaped abomination.
i mean... i get it... it's a very unflattering picture... but nebula is like 99% metal already. personally i've never really had a thing for karen gillan anyway so i'm not really offended by it, but i get it

• 1WTF
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

j00t

after ant man 3 apparently is very mediocre i'm massively lowering expectations for this one, and will only go to theaters if reviewers i trust say its decent. there is some hope i guess since its Gunn & his crew and lets face it Ant Man 2 was pretty mediocre too so no big surprise

social media hype is meaningless, there was lots of early hype for ant man 3 and kang but look how that turned out. its gonna be really funny if DCU reboot turns out better than marvel phase 5

most of that looks like garbage so far. The writer for Avengers: Kang Dynasty wrote Ant Man 3 and the writer for Secret Wars wrote Dr Strange 2 so those 2 movies may be garbage too, sad
the only thing out of that list i'm even remotely excited for is deadpool. well, and what if? because i like those goofy elseworlds stories

• 1Like

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>

u r right that list is almost all garbage. is the ironheart a movie or tv show? either way - focusing entire thing on stupid black super child female who - at best - is only copying tony stark , plz just kill me.

it always funny with black pwr stuff how they only hope to copy white ppl, not do better. American Inventors in kang trailer chimping out, copying white ppl in iron man wawnna be, literally slave owners in woman kang, etc . worst race ever

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
well, from what i've heard... i don't have any specific source, just random youtubers who've talked about it... but i guess dave specifically asked to wear a shirt because it's getting harder and harder for him to stay in shape at his age. he's still huge, just he's not going the HGH route that the rock is going, so he has the muscle mass, but not the definition.

also, with chris pratt, the shot in the first one with his shirt off, that was a marvel mandate i think, not a james gunn thing. every marvel hero has to have the muscley panning shot, as silly as it is (yet they get crap for showing females in a sexy pose). i think gunn has been trying to get away from that kind of stuff for a while. i actually don't ever remember a james gunn film (outside of said chris pratt shot) that had any kind of emphasis on shots like that. he always tries to make those scene goofy. check peacemaker for reference

Well Gunn is a pedo so making all of them look more like androgenous children fits.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users