Hades (Supergiant Games)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I know they're not known for doing any DLC's, but I also don't think they've ever made a game nearly as successful as Hades is. I am really hoping we get at least one good DLC somewhere down the line, even if it's sometime next year. This game deserves it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It took like 15 escape attempts but I finally got to Hades...and died after he fuckin went dead to full life on me, lol. That was using the trinket that gives another Death Defiance, too. I'm bad at avoiding damage in this game.

I'm pretty much just playing the Shield now and focusing on buffing the special usually. What's a good Aspect for that?

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It took like 15 escape attempts but I finally got to Hades...and died after he fuckin went dead to full life on me, lol. That was using the trinket that gives another Death Defiance, too. I'm bad at avoiding damage in this game.

I'm pretty much just playing the Shield now and focusing on buffing the special usually. What's a good Aspect for that?
I like the drunken on special for the shield. Fling it a few times then go attack. Dots everyone.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Chaos aspect + ares special

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Power shot from Daedalus and everything that makes your attack stronger. Block everything while shooting them. Bonus if you can get a second d Daedalus that gives you armor break or double damage when you perfect charge.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Power shot from Daedalus and everything that makes your attack stronger. Block everything while shooting them. Bonus if you can get a second d Daedalus that gives you armor break or double damage when you perfect charge.

What do you mean block while shooting?

• 1Dislike

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
What do you mean block while shooting?
There is a Daedalus Hammer upgrade for the shield that turns your charge attack into a charged projectile. You can hold attack to block and release the shot when it is safe.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I just used Demeter turrets plus athena dash deflect and popped around like a cricket on crack while dropping ice turrets everywhere.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is he just maxed on all passives and shit and that is why he just destroys shit early on?
Not sure, haven’t watched to that detail but...passives don’t make you that good by themselves. He has to have everything maxed, which judging by his inventory there he is.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This dude makes me feel terrible.

Speed runners are maximum autists so no don’t feel bad.

My take aways as a pleb:
High confidence over thick skin- damage over survivablity
Family favorite over privileged status- feels like this depends on the weapon. If you are going for a setup that will likely use multiple debuffs privileged is probably better
He skips all the rarity passives but hits the epic boons he wants early in the run. Seems like high rolling for speed runs which may not be the best setup for normies.
Magera companion seems to be a favorite. Ambrosia goes here or sysiphus
Pom trinket on the final floor is good because of the high number of chambers
Posiden dash seems to be favored by people who are good while Athena dash is better for those starting. But that could have been because he was hunting for the duo boon since Zeus attack seems to be the best for Eris rail.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Concerning speed runs; it is possible to map out an entire run by ALT-F4ing so progress isn't saved and restarting the run.

I'm sure some of these runs are the result of testing a large number of combinations in order to find an optimal one.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Concerning speed runs; it is possible to map out an entire run by ALT-F4ing so progress isn't saved and restarting the run.

I'm sure some of these runs are the result of testing a large number of combinations in order to find an optimal one.
They probably have some kind of rules around that. There are all kinds of different speed run categories that allow or disallow certain things. You’ll notice in that video it wasn’t really under 8 minutes, room transitions don’t count, selecting abilities don’t count, the static survive for 45 second room clears don’t count, etc.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They probably have some kind of rules around that. There are all kinds of different speed run categories that allow or disallow certain things. You’ll notice in that video it wasn’t really under 8 minutes, room transitions don’t count, selecting abilities don’t count, the static survive for 45 second room clears don’t count, etc.

You can't really see if a run was mapped beforehand.

I'm sure there are rules, just as sure as I am that people will go very far for speedrunning records.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Any% speed runs all use the same save file and same starting point.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
My best runs are always around 15 minutes or so. I call bullshit on anyone who can do a run in under 10 minutes, unless they are not counting the time between boards, levels, choosing boons, etc...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Its the in game clock they use. They "cheat" it by pausing the game whenever they get to a new door right as the boons start to appear so they can see them and choose without expending timers and whenever they need time to make a decision.

• 1Truth!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I thought the in-game timer only actually runs during encounters?

Also I think competitive speed running in this game is an absolute joke unless Thanatos gets removed from the speedrunning mod. The Hermes cup was an absolute snoozefest because whoever got Thanatos in Tartarus would just auto-lose.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I still can't get Thanatos to talk to me. I've only seen him once back in the palace, and I didn't give him a nectar at the time because it was so early on and I didn't even know what the nectars were for then. And I still can't get Achilles' companion. But I've done pretty much everything else in the game. I hope Hades wins game of the year, I think it deserves it.