Hades (Supergiant Games)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Giving this thread a bump because Hades just won IGN's video game of the year. Best video game I've played since Zelda: BOTW. I thought for sure they'd go with the safe, lame pick and make The Last of Us 2 GOTY, but they didn't. They made the right choice. Grats to Super Giant on a well deserved award.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
awesome, yes this was a fantastic game and it's well deserved.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
When you make it all the way there... and there is no fishing to be found;
kratos GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can anyone actually get a perfect fishing catch when it's not the last tug? Window for it is super tight.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone actually get a perfect fishing catch when it's not the last tug? Window for it is super tight.

You have 0.33 seconds or less to get a perfect. It's possible, but the difference is you know after the 3rd tug, the next one is a guarantee, so you tend to react faster.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So I finally sat down to give this game the time it deserved and 16 hours later I am still not remotely tired of it. It's ticking all the boxes and I fucking love it.

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I am legit terribad at this game. I'm like 80+ runs in, have everything on the dark mirror unlocked and maxed out, have most of the trinkets at 3 stars and I STILL haven't been able to beat Hades.

Lol wtf how is this even possible? Took me 24 runs for my 1st escape and I just cleared with all weapons on my 35th run :/

This game is really damn good tho. There's a lot of really fun builds for each weapon. Fists are OP as shit so they kind of fun. The Zeus shield, however, is a lot of fun to use, I just Q it back to me and dash around my target so I never actually catch it and it just shits on everything with like hangover or stacking doom etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Easiest for me by far were the rail, bow, and fists. Sword was good if you got decent boons for the special, spear was always pretty shit (and the last aspect for it is mega retarded), shield was OK but not really as good as fists in almost any scenario. I’ll have to check but I think my first clear was low 20s.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Easiest for me by far were the rail, bow, and fists. Sword was good if you got decent boons for the special, spear was always pretty shit (and the last aspect for it is mega retarded), shield was OK but not really as good as fists in almost any scenario. I’ll have to check but I think my first clear was low 20s.

I thought spear is pretty damn good especially with some of the weapon upgrades for it like exploding Q's or extra range n dmg attacks or triple dash attack waves. Can legit attack from nearly the full screen away and do pretty solid damage. The sword is honestly the worst weapon I think. Its special has too long of a windup and you have to stand still so it's pretty annoying to use. I haven't unlocked its final aspect yet so idk if there's any improvements there. But ya rail gun is pretty nutty. I just had a ridiculous special build with it where the Q is massive and can damage you but deals +300% dmg. I was just nuking the entire map, was pretty ridiculous. I killed Theseus and Mino in like 20 seconds or something stupid.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought spear is pretty damn good especially with some of the weapon upgrades for it like exploding Q's or extra range n dmg attacks or triple dash attack waves. Can legit attack from nearly the full screen away and do pretty solid damage. The sword is honestly the worst weapon I think. Its special has too long of a windup and you have to stand still so it's pretty annoying to use. I haven't unlocked its final aspect yet so idk if there's any improvements there.
The last aspect greatly increases the base damage and +50 to health at the start. Sword also can get lifesteal through hammer upgrade and you can't die basically.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The last aspect greatly increases the base damage and +50 to health at the start. Sword also can get lifesteal through hammer upgrade and you can't die basically.

Hmm that's weak. Pretty boring for a final aspect. All the others I've seen so far change shit pretty dramatically. Sword is decent and I've escaped multiple times with it now but it definitely seems the weakest of the bunch. The only cool thing you can do with it is a casting build but casting builds don't seem anywhere close to as good as melee builds can be but I guess I haven't really experimented with them enough yet.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hmm that's weak. Pretty boring for a final aspect. All the others I've seen so far change shit pretty dramatically. Sword is decent and I've escaped multiple times with it now but it definitely seems the weakest of the bunch. The only cool thing you can do with it is a casting build but casting builds don't seem anywhere close to as good as melee builds can be but I guess I haven't really experimented with them enough yet.
Cast build can get pretty insane but you have to get pretty lucky with the right boons

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Cast build can get pretty insane but you have to get pretty lucky with the right boons

Ya, like if you can get hermies fast reload thingy or whatever then it's pretty insane but that's a legendary so not too ez to get.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Got this as a Valentine’s Day gift today. Don’t think I’ve ever played one of these style games, but goddamn this is fun as fuck so far. Spent the entire day playing and would have gone more had my hands not started cramping up. I’m definitely not good at this, but still having a blast. Think I’m at 20 runs or so now and furthest I’ve gotten is 33. Shield I’m having the most fun with so far, with the fists as a runner up. Tried the Zeus aspect on the shield but not sure if I like it. Kinda prefer having a zippy captain America shield to bounce around.

The dialog and voice acting in this is fantastic and I was not expecting it at all. I’m loving all the characters, the little bits of humor, the art style and character designs. You can really tell they put a shit ton of love into this game. Runs wonderfully smooth and I think the only bugs I’ve run into are the book not opening to the right page when there’s an update and there’s one tutorial check mark on the bow that wasn’t triggering which doesn’t seem to matter anyway (or maybe I’m actually just straight shit at doing it).

God, I can’t wait to jump back into this tomorrow.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Got this as a Valentine’s Day gift today. Don’t think I’ve ever played one of these style games, but goddamn this is fun as fuck so far. Spent the entire day playing and would have gone more had my hands not started cramping up. I’m definitely not good at this, but still having a blast. Think I’m at 20 runs or so now and furthest I’ve gotten is 33. Shield I’m having the most fun with so far, with the fists as a runner up. Tried the Zeus aspect on the shield but not sure if I like it. Kinda prefer having a zippy captain America shield to bounce around.

The dialog and voice acting in this is fantastic and I was not expecting it at all. I’m loving all the characters, the little bits of humor, the art style and character designs. You can really tell they put a shit ton of love into this game. Runs wonderfully smooth and I think the only bugs I’ve run into are the book not opening to the right page when there’s an update and there’s one tutorial check mark on the bow that wasn’t triggering which doesn’t seem to matter anyway (or maybe I’m actually just straight shit at doing it).

Zeus shield can actually be pretty insane with a zeus or dion special build. A lot of the aspects really only shine with certain builds. The Zeus shield special hits a lot so it will trigger special effects a shit ton and you can just kite around very safely. Pretty fun to use.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Not sure how much you’ve read this thread. Each god has a “tree” of abilities they give you. The more you pick from one god the further down that tree you get, opening up their higher tiered abilities. So as you’re selecting rooms, try to stick with 1-2 gods so you’re unlocking stronger stuff. If you spread yourself out between several gods you’ll just be getting everyone’s tier 1 stuff and be much weaker by the end of the run.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally got him down, 37 attempts. Wasn't expecting to do it with the spear, but the build worked out nicely. I still can't seem to get the hang of the bow at all. Dunno what it is about it, but I'm just awkward as hell with it and killing shit just seems to take forever. Big groups of shit just ends up tearing me apart. Haven't tried the gun yet, but I guess I'll play around with it some, now.

First clear.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users