Hades (Supergiant Games)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got him down, 37 attempts. Wasn't expecting to do it with the spear, but the build worked out nicely. I still can't seem to get the hang of the bow at all. Dunno what it is about it, but I'm just awkward as hell with it and killing shit just seems to take forever. Big groups of shit just ends up tearing me apart. Haven't tried the gun yet, but I guess I'll play around with it some, now.

View attachment 339348
I’ve still never beaten him with a spear. I’ve beat it like 30 times maybe...no spear lol

The gun was the first thing I ever beat it with I think, and I did not like it at all at first. Took me a while to get the hang of how to play it. Same with the bow.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love the bow once you can unlock the 2nd aspect that turns your special into a burst of seeking arrows after you tag the target with your attack. Pair that with the hammer upgrade that removes the charge up for the main attack and it's even better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love the bow once you can unlock the 2nd aspect that turns your special into a burst of seeking arrows after you tag the target with your attack. Pair that with the hammer upgrade that removes the charge up for the main attack and it's even better.
Pairs really well with Zeus or other instant damage on hit effects since the special is hitting a mob like six times. More with hammer upgrades and upgrading that aspect. Bow is probably my favorite. That aspect melts face.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pairs really well with Zeus or other instant damage on hit effects since the special is hitting a mob like six times. More with hammer upgrades and upgrading that aspect. Bow is probably my favorite. That aspect melts face.
Bow was one for me that some builds absolutely raped and some just completely sucked. I think my fastest run ever was a bow. I was just doing the special right on top of the enemy and one shorting everything.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Spear is fucking awesome once you learn to ignore the charge up special, the first spear is the best in my opinion.

Sword sucks, I am bad with the sword so the sword sucks.

Shield is fun, I like the shield. All 4 shield are good but Chaos' is the weakest in my opinion.

Bow is okay, it's all about how you use the special. The fourth bow is awesome.

Fists are fun, I am not that good with them but better than with the sword. The fourth fist is funnerer.

The gun... The second gun, I think it's the second the one where getting hit with your explosion buffs your attack for a few seconds, is good. If you get the hammer upgrade that lets you fire three mortars it's fantastic, get Cluster Bomb and it is border line easy mode. Even on Heat 32 that Triple Shot or Cluster Bomb is game changing. Add Delta Chamber to the mix and now we are cooking with gas!

One of the "tricks" every one probably knows is to stack your damage. Take the mirror buff where when you have two negative status thingies on a mob it takes extra damage. Then work your boons so you are constantly doing that bonus damage. Rupture, Jolted, Doom, Hangover, Weak, Exposed, and Chill all count. Overlap that shit, plant a blood shard, and Ka-Pow!

My fav combo is the Hermes +run speed, +run speed on dash, deal bonus damage based on run speed bones, Zeus' bonus to damage after using a call, the above shit, and Artemis' call. You do half of Hades' health bar in one call if you time it right and get high level boons.

This is an excellent game.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spear is fucking awesome once you learn to ignore the charge up special, the first spear is the best in my opinion.

Sword sucks, I am bad with the sword so the sword sucks.

Shield is fun, I like the shield. All 4 shield are good but Chaos' is the weakest in my opinion.

Bow is okay, it's all about how you use the special. The fourth bow is awesome.

Fists are fun, I am not that good with them but better than with the sword. The fourth fist is funnerer.

The gun... The second gun, I think it's the second the one where getting hit with your explosion buffs your attack for a few seconds, is good. If you get the hammer upgrade that lets you fire three mortars it's fantastic, get Cluster Bomb and it is border line easy mode. Even on Heat 32 that Triple Shot or Cluster Bomb is game changing. Add Delta Chamber to the mix and now we are cooking with gas!

One of the "tricks" every one probably knows is to stack your damage. Take the mirror buff where when you have two negative status thingies on a mob it takes extra damage. Then work your boons so you are constantly doing that bonus damage. Rupture, Jolted, Doom, Hangover, Weak, Exposed, and Chill all count. Overlap that shit, plant a blood shard, and Ka-Pow!

My fav combo is the Hermes +run speed, +run speed on dash, deal bonus damage based on run speed bones, Zeus' bonus to damage after using a call, the above shit, and Artemis' call. You do half of Hades' health bar in one call if you time it right and get high level boons.

This is an excellent game.
I finally had a good run with the sword, got the hammer upgrade that changes your attack combo to a single big chop, then got the 200% backstab bonus, was chunking Hades from behind for over 500+ a pop

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I finally had a good run with the sword, got the hammer upgrade that changes your attack combo to a single big chop, then got the 200% backstab bonus, was chunking Hades from behind for over 500+ a pop
That is what I love about this game, that is the one that screws me up with the sword the most. (edit: the big chop)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Finally got him down, 37 attempts. Wasn't expecting to do it with the spear, but the build worked out nicely. I still can't seem to get the hang of the bow at all. Dunno what it is about it, but I'm just awkward as hell with it and killing shit just seems to take forever. Big groups of shit just ends up tearing me apart. Haven't tried the gun yet, but I guess I'll play around with it some, now.

View attachment 339348

The bow is the worst weapon in the game. Even when it's powered up, it still sucks. If you get some good boons and auto fire, you can defeat Hades with it, but it's still terrible. The gun is actually the best weapon in the game when you get the right Daedalus upgrades. If you get cluster bomb with Delta Chamber (infinite shots) you can finish the entire run in under thirty minutes.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
The bow is one of the fastest for me. shotgunning with the special. Get the stacking doom debuff and it's gg.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The bow is the worst weapon in the game. Even when it's powered up, it still sucks. If you get some good boons and auto fire, you can defeat Hades with it, but it's still terrible. The gun is actually the best weapon in the game when you get the right Daedalus upgrades. If you get cluster bomb with Delta Chamber (infinite shots) you can finish the entire run in under thirty minutes.
They’re all pretty balanced I think. It all depends on which boons you’re taking. Like I said my most ridiculous fast runs were with the bow. I’d have to look cause I haven’t played in six months but I’m pretty sure I was under 20 minutes with the bow before. I don’t think I ever had any runs over 30 minutes with any weapo .

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You guys are crazy. You level up Guan Yu to max, and there isn't a better weapon in the game. The spinning strike can go clear across the board and melt everything without anything getting even close to you. I can clear a run with the spear in around 20 minutes with barely getting hit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
15 hours played according to steam, 20 escape attempts according to the game, can't defeat minotaur and his buddy at the end of elysium. A little annoyed I blew all my titan's blood on different aspects of the gun before understanding where the bulk of it comes from.

I rarely find myself using all the buttons available. Cast, Dash, Dash-Strike(timing on this seems quite fickle), Call, Attack, Special, Powered Attack if your weapon offers it. Did I forget any? Add movement skills, if I really did utilize everything, my left wrist would hurt more than it already does. Do people really use all of this stuff? I find my self using Dash and a mix of Special and Attack depending on the build.

Does it get to a point where it doesn't feel like you're running around dodging everything? I'll admit I tunnel vision, but some fights like the bullet hell witches in Act 2 feel quite stupid if you can't deflect or destroy their projectiles. The medusa fight feels similar too.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Once I have a build I tend to stick to evading stuff and spamming my best ability.

If you can't figure it out, watch some youtubes. Some builds are really strong, some abilities are strong on their own (reflect on dash).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
15 hours played according to steam, 20 escape attempts according to the game, can't defeat minotaur and his buddy at the end of elysium. A little annoyed I blew all my titan's blood on different aspects of the gun before understanding where the bulk of it comes from.

I rarely find myself using all the buttons available. Cast, Dash, Dash-Strike(timing on this seems quite fickle), Call, Attack, Special, Powered Attack if your weapon offers it. Did I forget any? Add movement skills, if I really did utilize everything, my left wrist would hurt more than it already does. Do people really use all of this stuff? I find my self using Dash and a mix of Special and Attack depending on the build.

Does it get to a point where it doesn't feel like you're running around dodging everything? I'll admit I tunnel vision, but some fights like the bullet hell witches in Act 2 feel quite stupid if you can't deflect or destroy their projectiles. The medusa fight feels similar too.
I very rarely cast. I’m usually using mostly either normal attack or special attack exclusively but it depends on the build. Sometimes I use both. If I get the right cast things, then I use it. It’s mostly using 1-2 attacks per build but it all depends on what aspects I’m getting that determines what I end up using.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only cast a lot if I get certain boons like Dionysus that turns it into a giant AoE nuke, and Poseidons is nice too, but not as strong. Special/Attacking also comes down to which weapons/aspects/boons you get and which you like. I never special with sword/spear, special/attack with bow/gun usually, shield/fists depends on aspect/boons. Get used to dodging a lot, there are few builds that will let you semi "facetank" stuff, but this game is certainly more geared towards moving/dodging.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The best cast I had was drunken fog plus lightning. I’d just lob the drunken fogs and while mobs were in the fog lightning would hit them. It was ridiculous, I didn’t even have to do anything else.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best cast I had was drunken fog plus lightning. I’d just lob the drunken fogs and while mobs were in the fog lightning would hit them. It was ridiculous, I didn’t even have to do anything else.

That reminds me Artemis/Zeus has a similar combo, if you don't collect your cast gems they zap anything that gears near them. Can just run around while they clear the room, one of my favorite duo's when I can get it.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Try and get the boons from Hermes that make your run speed higher, and give you the double sprint. Stay close to the pillars when fighting the minotaur. He'll run himself into the pillars, the pillars will slow him down and he'll take damage from them and you can get a few hits in at the same time. I couldn't defeat the Minotaur and Theseus until I put all my boons into running faster. Then, just sprint all around the board to stay out of the AOE that Theseus casts, and his pinpoint spear attack, and you can get behind Theseus easier if you have the Hermes boons. It's definitely a pain in the ass fight initially. It gets a lot easier when you power up some more.

• 1Like