Hades (Supergiant Games)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I also found during that fight in the beginning I was trying way too hard to figure out what was going on with both guys and just dying trying to split my attention. Just focus on the minotaurs easy pattern of jump attack, jump attack, big swing and dodging the javelin from the other dude. Focus on beating the minotaurs ass first then move on once he’s dead. There’s some runs you rape so hard you don’t even have to pay attention to either cause they die so fast lol

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Getting deflect on your main attack also works great on mino if you're using melee weapons. With ranged obviously the answer is to just kite the hell out of him. Save Theseus for last since you don't want him to trigger his god abilities while mino is still alive.

P.S. Just wait till you see their upgraded version with pact of punishment lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Old news, but I found out yesterday it's finally making it to PS4/PS5 in August. I had been holding off until it came to consoles since I wanted the couch experience with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is INCREDIBLE. If you have Game Pass, stop what you are doing and go download it NOW.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game is INCREDIBLE. If you have Game Pass, stop what you are doing and go download it NOW.
Damn bro. Im sorry you're just now getting around to this. One of the few games Ive played in the last few years where I would actively lose track of time.

• 2Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Been waiting for the PS4 release to get into it on the couch and so far it delivers in almost every aspect.

netflix antonio GIF

My only rustle--have had 2 crashes this weekend and you lose all your progress in a run if it happens. What happened to autosave?

Daidraco

Been waiting for the PS4 release to get into it on the couch and so far it delivers in almost every aspect.

netflix antonio GIF

My only rustle--have had 2 crashes this weekend and you lose all your progress in a run if it happens. What happened to autosave?

I'd yeet the controller for sure. But I played on PC and never had any crashes. Still played on the couch with a controller, too.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Add me to the list of fools who never tried this till it hit Gamepass... Dear god this game is amazing. I remember watching streams and thinking it looked generic and underwhelming, but when you play it for yourself it's anything but. Everything about it is perfect. When that bass line hits I get pumped everytime. Haven't finished a run yet, but i've unlocked a ton and put about 16 hours in already. I'm at a crossroads, really wanna buy it for PS5 now but not sure I wanna throw away all my progress.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Add me to the list of fools who never tried this till it hit Gamepass... Dear god this game is amazing. I remember watching streams and thinking it looked generic and underwhelming, but when you play it for yourself it's anything but. Everything about it is perfect. When that bass line hits I get pumped everytime. Haven't finished a run yet, but i've unlocked a ton and put about 16 hours in already. I'm at a crossroads, really wanna buy it for PS5 now but not sure I wanna throw away all my progress.

A lot of your progress is built in already. Knowing enemies, rooms, what builds work, how to pick your path through, and so forth. Pretty sure you'd be back to where you are now in a fraction of that time. Even some of the dialogue unlocks and hub encounters are RNG so you could also go 16 more hours and never see something you need. Steam says I have 68.4 hours in the game and I swear there was one dialogue option I've never received for something and spent hours searching the internet for how to unlock it. Think it was for one of the weapon forms but can't remember. All this talk is going to make me pick it back up though.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've enjoyed playing the gamepass version so much i think i'll just buy it on xbox so i can own it forever. a physical release is coming out too for those people who like discs and carts and shit

• 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
A lot of your progress is built in already. Knowing enemies, rooms, what builds work, how to pick your path through, and so forth. Pretty sure you'd be back to where you are now in a fraction of that time. Even some of the dialogue unlocks and hub encounters are RNG so you could also go 16 more hours and never see something you need. Steam says I have 68.4 hours in the game and I swear there was one dialogue option I've never received for something and spent hours searching the internet for how to unlock it. Think it was for one of the weapon forms but can't remember. All this talk is going to make me pick it back up though.
Good point. Went ahead and bought it because it's worth owning and the devs deserve the money.

Been playing blind trying to make my own builds and just had a close run with an accidentally OP build. Kept getting Ares' sprint portal upgrades and Hermes speed dash upgrades. Add poison/slow attack fists and a bunch of shift attack dmg up and I was just zipping around wooping everyone. Unfortunately by the time my build started to click I had already lost my 2 revives. Also accidentally removed my shield break buff on that anvil thing not knowing what it did.

Daidraco

Just dont fool yourselves into thinking a weapon sucks. People cycle through weapons and find an OP build with that weapon and then want to go back to that weapon and build thinking it'll be easier with "that knowledge." But as it turns out, each one has an OP build - you just have to hit that RNG lottery with each. The best part about playing longer is that you know whats strong and whats not. Eventually reaching or surpassing the end fight even with shit RNG.

As far as dialogue, its RNG only to a point - there are triggers for all of it and most people dont even know to prioritize that type of door etc. The fishing is the only f'k you part of the game afaik.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just dont fool yourselves into thinking a weapon sucks. People cycle through weapons and find an OP build with that weapon and then want to go back to that weapon and build thinking it'll be easier with "that knowledge." But as it turns out, each one has an OP build - you just have to hit that RNG lottery with each. The best part about playing longer is that you know whats strong and whats not. Eventually reaching or surpassing the end fight even with shit RNG.

As far as dialogue, its RNG only to a point - there are triggers for all of it and most people dont even know to prioritize that type of door etc. The fishing is the only f'k you part of the game afaik.

Yeah for sure. I thought the fists sucked at first, only picked them for the crystal boost and wasn't really taking the run serious until halfway through Asphodel when I started noticing I was becoming practically invincible. It's definitely too random atm to try and replicate, but it's more fun trying new shit out anyway at this stage.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I know there’s builds that are busted and there’s definitely weapons I prefer but I’ll generally just grab whatever weapon has the bonus and see what happens. I fail a lot but whatever, it stays nice and fresh.

Goddamn can I just say that I still continue to be impressed by the amount of unique and very circumstantial dialogue in this game? It is goddamn endless.

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its been said before but understanding how to upgrade boons prob best way to end up with OP builds, rather than trying to pidgeonhole yourself into a build you ended up with in the past, because you might not get those same rare boons that made you op. Some of the upgraded boons have prerequisites you need to get before the rare ones will show up, and once you learn which ones those are youll start getting rare and duo boons much more often which is really what ends up making you op

Attachments

• hadesflow.png
    hadesflow.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had one spear build that I really liked. The first Daedalus Hammer turned it into a triple/wide area attack. The next one extended the range all the way across the screen. Then I stacked Hangover damage stacks. It was pretty great.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had one spear build that I really liked. The first Daedalus Hammer turned it into a triple/wide area attack. The next one extended the range all the way across the screen. Then I stacked Hangover damage stacks. It was pretty great.
That is the only build I was able to get far with (the triple attack thing) I still never finished it with a spear. Finished it with all the other weapons 7+ times each. Spear still 0.

• 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Easiest clear I’ve ever had was with the spear. I’ll have to go in and look WTF upgrades I got but it was supposed to be a throw away run to just get some prophecy stuff done and it turned into something completely busted and a shitload of fun.
The bow, on the other hand, I cannot get into at all. Just constantly feels awkward as fuck no matter what builds I’ve found so far. Same with the rail to a lesser extent. Special builds with the rail are kinda fun.