Half-Life: Alyx

Siliconemelons

Yeah- if you are going to play a game that is as "action" packed as this... analock thumb stick movement is nothing... this is not a VR demo to get people "into it"...well perhaps it is...

so yeah...should just have modes to do that...options not just forced into porting/roomscale only.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It did take me like 5 mins to figure out how to switch from empty hand, to multi-tool to gun. I didn't realize you just move your hand to the one you wanted, it wasn't very intuitive.

Also, you do n't have to bend down and crawl at all if you don't want to, you can use the right thumbstick to move through shit like that.

Cybsled

Watching SirActionSlacks play this. He is doing a good all run. But he did with a dead rat was fucking lol

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I gotta say I'm impressed, it's nice seeing a really well done VR game. Gives me hope for the future. I just wish they'd standardize the eject clip button across all FPS games, I keep ejecting clips in crucial battles rather than releasing the slide lock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, ending was cool, but if all that leads to another VR only game...not interested.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How is this on the normal Vive? I might have to get my Vive back from my brother just to play this.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this is a question for people who have seen the ending

so is this game essentially just an announcement for hl3?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The vrchat pervs like the index because of the finger control. It also has hovery headphones that don't actually touch your ears or something? I've never seen one though.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the best headset? The Index?

I own five different VR sets and Index is the best one I have used. It still has annoying God Rays (TM) but the controllers are good, the tracking is good, the sound is good, the resolution is decent but still needs improvement.

• 1WTF

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is this on the normal Vive? I might have to get my Vive back from my brother just to play this.

It works perfectly fine. The biggest issue is the touchpad controllers. With free movement those touchpads are decent but just don't work as smoothly as a straight analogue stick. I watched it on an Index and Alyx was moving noticeably faster on versions where the user was using a Index controller.

• 1Like