Halo Infinite

spronk

FPS noob
already has a new seasonal event mode, Fracture, that seems to basically be the same maps but you spawn with 2 random weapons that rotate. Fine, but its got its own 30 tier fucking battlepass and quests and shit.

They really need to be clear about their plans for seasons and XP and leveling, right now it feels like its impossible to move anywhere on the battle pass as a normie player. I don't want to fucking use shade turrets or melee people from behind or stick a dick in my ass, i just wanna fuck around in halo for 20 minutes and make a reasonable amount of progression but making 0.02% of a single tier in a game is a joke.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Their response so far has been the Bungie Special, "We're listening."

Meanwhile this event is equivalent to doing every single Destiny Iron Banner bounty, every time it comes around, for six months, for one armor set. While better cosmetics are in the shop simultaneously and can't be earned through actual effort.

Oh, and there will be another $1000 worth of cosmetics in the shop this season that also can't be earned through actual effort.

I can't believe 343 managed to make Destiny's Eververse look good.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When Rainbow Six Siege makes ONE BILLION DOLLARS off of micro transactions, a game that was released in 2015.......that was also bad out the gate, its easy to see why every other studio wants in.

The road to business success for a game in 2021 is through micro transactions. Its gay as fuck, and I hate it, but thats why they are doing what they are doing with Halo. At least for now you can only pay for cosmetics, eventually they will be blatant and low key move to pay to win. People way pay even more for dopamine hits from actual in game success rather than looking at a gay new hat.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't even really have any malice towards game companies putting cosmetics behind a paywall, especially in a game like this. I'll play for free, let the clowns pay for all that shit that doesn't matter. I've been enjoying the game well enough, except that mode where you have to get the power cells or whatever. That mode can suck all the dicks

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol, it may be better than BF, but still hot shit. I get regular crashes.. So many horrible UI things, half the time teamates dont show in lobby. Rocket launchers will lose a round if the reload animation is interupted sometimes. Back out of a match que to the lobby? No apparent button to leave que/stop it from loading.

I didnt pay attention and thought this was months from release still. A week or so? Ha, ... ha.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind the microtransaction skin because I don't want any of that shit really but leveling is so god damn slow in this game. I am having fun playing but what's the point of leveling? What are you supposed to do with leveling in this game? What is the overall purpose if not for just the battlepass? Most games have some awful f2p rewards alongside the battlepass.

Jozu

The level system in this game will go down as one of the biggest initial failures of a game feature in history.

"Remember Halo Infinite's ridiculous leveling system that took forever to even get to lvl TWO?"

• 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
my only real hope, which is pure hopium/copium, is that its utterly fucked right now for "early access" and in early 2022 they put out something that appeals to casual noobs like me who just wanna play 20 mins a day and make a little progress.

i recently finished an entire season of Fall Guys playing with cousins because late this year they added a "do something stupid once a day, get enough for basically 1 level" daily login feature. Halo Infinite desperately needs that, and its a super easy tweak but I can see why they don't want to let people power level to max even before "launch".

The only knock is they could decide to go the other way and entice people ways to pay2level and keep the dogshit leveling system as a way to monetize P2W

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game is fun but really shallow fun. I'd never imagine playing more than 1-2 matches a day.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
They made it TOO MLG. If you're not on comms and playing with people who work together you're fucked. Shit like SWAT may help when fraggers can just carry a team, but in the current iteration where you have 50/50 chance of 1v1 if neither of you grenading each other and a 0% chance of winning 1v2, teamwork IS the game. Kinda ruins the zany fun of Halo 2/3 of just bopping dudes and going for the 'big gun' and trying to kill as many people until you run out of ammo or die.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
A combination of;
- high TTK (at anything but close range at least)
- slow regen
- small maps with tons of sight lines
- low character mobility
- aggressive aim assist for controller users

Makes this a largely low skill ceiling, but team-oriented game. Which is weird for an FPS. It feels more like a MOBA.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're enjoying the PVP, here are some cool nuances to be aware of. Fun watch.

• 2Like

Jozu

Im having fun playing in small doses.

Just won a cap flag match got 3rd place with 16 kills and a cap, was pretty fucking fun.

And then after the round I grew sad again, and realized that getting to lvl 2 doesnt take forever, getting TO FUCKING LEVEL ONE DOES.

Thats right, this fucking game starts you at LEVEL ZERO. Not even the satisfaction of being level one when you start can be had from this fucking game lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand leveling system when it doesn't give shit. I mean armor skins in a FPS without TPS view is useless (and i mean in a gameplay scenario). And since you do not unlock weapons or attachment for them in Halo... What's left ? A key ring attached to your battle rifle?

I mean i don't mind one, but gives interesting/ useful rewards.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, leveling really serves no purpose in this game. Just ignore that it exists and play the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
but how else will you let other people know... your arm is on fire? what the fuck is this anyways lol

halo-infinite-season-1-tier-100-1.jpg

after a week of casual play i'm already level 3, with 1 level a week it should only take 2 years. i think they mentioned also battle passes never "go away", or was that a different game

• 1Double Worf

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
after a week of casual play i'm already level 3, with 1 level a week it should only take 2 years. i think they mentioned also battle passes never "go away", or was that a different game

You are correct they don't go away, ala Destiny or other games w/ this system. How you'll be able to target previous seasons/passes is unknown at this time

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck makes this and thinks the progression system is good? I mean come on. Fucking kidding me?

Smells like more market conditioning inbound.
Delete this shit off your hard drive.

spronk

FPS noob
campaign launch trailer

they are also patching XP progression today in MP, basically 7 games a day will earn you 1 tier of battle pass, so quite a bit faster than now but still a lot of time. i'd assume even more XP gains later down the road

let the AFKing begin