Ham vs Turkey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

What do you prefer to eat for Christmas?

• Total voters

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Honestly lamb may be the best meat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Had my first ever deep-fried turkey this year for Thanksgiving. Was as good as advertised.

That said, I'm usually a ham guy. In part because the ex didn't like poultry (WTF?) and also because the ham bone gets used to make split pea soup afterward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Honestly lamb may be the best meat

When lamb is freshly cooked it is amazing. However, I find it doesn't reheat well. The flavour gets gamier as it sits in the fridge. I love lamb, but always cook just enough to eat, no leftovers.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
When lamb is freshly cooked it is amazing. However, I find it doesn't reheat well. The flavour gets gamier as it sits in the fridge. I love lamb, but always cook just enough to eat, no leftovers.
Lamb leftovers are good once reduced a bit. I will make a full frenched rack for the lady and I and we will have at least a few left over. The next day if you slice the meat off the bone and pan fry it in some liquid rice/risotto or a good sauce (I use a mint mustard sauce) it is still delicious. But you can't let that sit in the fridge for more than a day or it just turns into the worlds worst jerky.

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Lamb leftovers are good once reduced a bit. I will make a full frenched rack for the lady and I and we will have at least a few left over. The next day if you slice the meat off the bone and pan fry it in some liquid rice/risotto or a good sauce (I use a mint mustard sauce) it is still delicious. But you can't let that sit in the fridge for more than a day or it just turns into the worlds worst jerky.

Words of wisdom.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
c: Tomatoes

First time in the history of polls that it's a valid option and you leave it off. Tomatoes >> either of those options.

• 1Quality Calories

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Normally ham. Having steak this year, non traditional Christmas meal. I've eat duck a number of times on Christmas when I could hunt, not a fan of geese of any variety. Canvasbuck duck and dressing is fantastic. Shit they life off of eating wild celery all their life.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Smoked turkey + another protein for thanksgiving, prime rib for christmas. I've never had goose, but duck and lamb are both great. Unfortunately, the family isn't a collective fan.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For having turkey stay moist, unless you -need- to carve off the carcass during the meal like a 1950's postcard, breaking it down before roasting is the way to go. Cooks faster, you don't need to keep fucking with it over the course of several hours, and it won't dry out the parts that are typically less greasy (breasts etc).

Had a chef one year (decade ago or so now) they insisted we cook whole turkeys without precarving for a Thanksgiving menu; we got in at like 10am so we could serve for dinner, and every cook got several hours overtime. That same year the sous chef decided "hey fuck this guy" and we broke it down before. Took 2 hours from start to done and everyone left early on Xmas Eve because it wasn't a nightmare to clean up.

Long story short, fuck working in the hospitality industry, and break down your turkey before.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
prime-rib-7-1.jpg

I can't believe it took this long for someone to post the correct answer. The best thing we ever did as a family was switch from ham or turkey to prime rib on Christmas. There's no comparison.

Should prime rib have been part of this poll? Didn't think it was very mainstream for Christmas.

I walked by the meat counter at the local grocery store yesterday and there were prime rib roasts sitting on every flat surface getting prepped so I think it's pretty popular around here.

• 1Quality Calories

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I walked by the meat counter at the local grocery store yesterday and there were prime rib roasts sitting on every flat surface getting prepped so I think it's pretty popular around here.

Here, too. You have to order prime rib a month in advance here. I like it, but we do it a few times a year, so it doesn't feel special. We grow our own geese, so it's a special thing to dress one for a holiday meal.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Meh we have Beef Tenderloin or Tamles on xmas day.
I miss Christmas tamales. The Mexican ladies pushing the ice cream carts around selling tamales. Do want. My wife thinks I am crazy but she grew up in Louisiana and never got to experience that deliciousness growing up.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah our butcher, whole foods and even fuckin costco sell out of prime rib for Christmas around here, even with just it being me the wife and kids this year we are still doing an 8lb prime rib, left overs for days.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Turkey: Brine, spatchcock, butter and herbs under the skin, 1 hour in the green egg. Win.
Ham: Yes. Win.

There is no losing here.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The correct answer is both are great.

You guys want the wrong answer?

It’s this

1608746233485.jpeg

• 5Worf