Hawaii

Crone

Trakanon Raider
1d 22h 33m
Reactions
429 48 0 0
Some friends want to plan a 3 family trip to Maui this year in May time frame. I keep telling them that Kauai is gonna be a better trip, but I'm sure that I can figure out how to have a good time on Maui. Should be interesting to try and plan, as I'm the married dude with 3 younger kids. By the time the trip happens it'll be 5, 3, and 1. The other 2 groups have no kids at all, and drink heavily where as I don't drink. Lol. I told them we'd have opposite schedules where my family would be up in the morning doing shit, and in bed pretty early while they'd be out all night, and sleep in all day.

Gotta nail down dates, and flights. I do know that we are heavily looking at Air BNB, instead of a resort. Looks to be just so much cheaper, and can get some incredible places.
Haha, oh how shit changes. Started pricing shit out, and the realization that traveling as a group of 5 is expensive as shit. Mainly the flights. On top of it all, we are trying to buy a house, which literally just happened today. (Under contract as of today). Guess things work out for a reason.

Jealous of all you that actually got to go!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
<Donors Crew>
4d 6h 9m
Reactions
5,344 299 0 0
I just checked. If I leave for Maui tomorrow, it'll run me $160 per ticket. Ouch.

Congrats on going into Escrow, though. That's good shit.
Just keep in mind there's still ~20% chance that the deal will fall through. And I hope you picked up title insurance. Pay a little more (10%) and get a CLTA Homeowners Policy. It's great because it covers your house going up in value by 10% every year, for 5 years. So if you buy a $300,000 house, in 5 years, your title insurance will cover you for $450,000. Not a bad deal.

Last edited:

sakkath

Knight of the Realm
2d 9h 12m
Reactions
113 20 0 0
Flying to hawaii tonight for 1 week with the wife and young son. Will just be in honolulu/waikiki. Any suggestions on fun things for little kids? Theme park like places?
Personally i want to see a pearl harbour museum, i assume there's something good there which ill Google up later.
Tips on fun day trips on oahu which are kid friendly would be appreciated.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
<Donors Crew>
4d 6h 9m
Reactions
5,344 299 0 0
How old are your kids?
I'd say the Honolulu Zoo, Sea Life Park, Wet'n'Wild (only if they are 4 feet tall), Dole Plantation, Children's Discovery Center. I'm sure there's more, but that pops out in my head right away.

sakkath

Knight of the Realm
2d 9h 12m
Reactions
113 20 0 0
Son is 4, thanks ill check those out!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
<Donors Crew>
4d 6h 9m
Reactions
5,344 299 0 0
Ok, everything except Wet'n'Wild then. I wouldn't waste my time with the Waikiki Aquarium. It's something that could pretty much be inside of someone's house. Not very spectacular at all. But you'll enjoy the zoo and sea life park. And dole plantation has a lot of fun stuff for kids, like a giant hedge maze and a train ride where they show off some of the things they grow. Also, some great dole pineapple ice cream.

As an adult, you'll find the discovery center very boring, but my daughter greatly enjoys it. She's been going since she was 4 years old.