Hawkeye

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow, you really are a brain dead UK cuck.
This show was wonderfully free of sjw bullshit. Hawkeye kicked Maya's ass, won't see that in an sjw fest. Kate is clearly a total fan girl over Clint and seeks his acceptance / approval deeply, wont see that in an sjw fest. Kate, while clearly talented, is inexperienced and it shows, she makes big mistakes and does stupid stuff, wont see that in an sjw fest. Clint and Kate have a wonderful, respectful relationship. Clint is never made "less than" just to boost Kate, wont see that in an sjw fest.
Do you even understand what SJW is? Or do you just parrot the word cause it gets you cool internet points?
I don't have any problems with Kate, I have problems with Maya if that's her name.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So, some things "feel" Marvel-ish and some things "feel" DC-ish.

No I can't explain it but I'm positive many can relate to that notion.

Hawkeye himself is of course MCU to the bone.
Yelena is MCU.
Kate is MCU.

Kingpin is DC-ish.

Can't put my finger on it, but it is what it is.

Enjoyable series. The finale felt a bit overdone tbh... entertaining no doubt, but it was like... yeah, I've seen Kill Bill once already guys!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
He was fucking amazing in Better Call Saul, too.

I'm surprised they spent the time, money, choreography, and songwriting talent on that exit sequence. My wife thinks it's because they're going to make an actual Avengers musical.

Anyway, it's sad that this only got 6 episodes. Was probably my least looked forward to Marvel show, but it ended up being the best. And it had the fewest episodes.
Hawkeye has always been my least favourite character, well second actually (fuck brie larson). But this show has blown all my expectations away, Kate was awesome, Renner was awesome, Pugh was a fucking godness.

Honestly the best series Marvel has done, aside from the Ultron episode of What If?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Enjoyable series. The finale felt a bit overdone tbh... entertaining no doubt, but it was like... yeah, I've seen Kill Bill once already guys!

I don't think you remember what Kill Bill is about.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I don't think you remember what Kill Bill is about.
LoL I'm talking about the part when masses of thugs after thugs after thugs start coming in to try and kill Clint and Kate.

It reminded me of the Crazy 88 Yakuzas zerging the bride.

Overdone, that's all.

etynmwtyn.jpg

• 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really like the ending with her spending Christmas with the family. It gives a lot of explanation for her being better and doing more shit in the future, and she can learn directly from him

So what's with the wife and the watch?
My only issue with this is I told me wife how that scene would go in real life... "hi honey. Merry Christmas. This is my new super hot 21 year old partner I just spent the last 5 days with instead of being here". "Glare".

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My only issue with this is I told me wife how that scene would go in real life... "hi honey. Merry Christmas. This is my new super hot 21 year old partner I just spent the last 5 days with instead of being here". "Glare".
It's not real life. Also the wife knew he was with the girl the whole time. This is more a I brought in this dog I protected

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's not real life. Also the wife knew he was with the girl the whole time. This is more a I brought in this dog I protected
I mean Kate is a parallel to Natasha here. Like Hawkeye basically considering Kate part of his family now like he did with Black Widow. Remember Nat was the only one that even knew, and was close to, the Barton family.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Considering Hawkeye's wife is basically hinted to be Mockingbird, he wouldn't mess around anyways lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do not watch the end credit sequence.

I am not kidding here.

Do. Not. Watch. It.

Just turn the TV off and walk away

Wife and I missed it so we went through the trouble of finding the episode again and fast forwarding to it. I watched gape jawed for about half of it. Then I realized nothing was going to happen and just started laughing. Worth it.

Glad they didn’t try to force some love connection and kept it a heartfelt buddy cop theme.

TBH, given that all the people making shows in hollywood are pedophiles and would see nothing wrong, I was worried about that too.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
According to Chuk's favorite youtuber the end credits scene was just a replacement because they couldn't get a Daredevil scene in there (or didn't want to because they want you to believe Kingpin could be dead). So that was a last minute add.

It's also an easy add, because they likely filmed the whole thing when doing the first episode anyways, and then just cut it up for the first episode.

spronk

FPS noob
I just watched season 1 of Daredevil on Netflix, damn that was pretty good. I can see why people stan so hard for Wilson Fisk, that was a great character and performance. It is interesting seeing the 13 episode Netflix MCU shows vs the 6 episode D+ ones, I do like the shorter episode run seasons with fewer side plots, and of course the production values are so much higher.

Still 2 more seasons, but are the other Netflix MCU shows as good? I know Iron Fist sucks balls, but I assume Defenders and Punisher are worth watching. Jessica Jones? Luke Cage?

Last edited:

Cybsled

Jessica Jones season 1 was solid - the villain really carried it. S2 kinda sucked.

Luke Cage season 1 is pretty decent until like midway through, then it becomes shitty. S2 kinda sucked also.

Punisher standalone was kind of ok. Punisher shows up in S2 of Daredevil and was a pretty badass rendition of the character - in fact, probably the main highlight of it.

Defenders is honestly skippable unless you really like the characters, although I recall it played into DD season 3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Jessica Jones season 1 was solid - the villain really carried it. S2 kinda sucked.

Luke Cage season 1 is pretty decent until like midway through, then it becomes shitty. S2 kinda sucked also.

Punisher standalone was kind of ok. Punisher shows up in S2 of Daredevil and was a pretty badass rendition of the character - in fact, probably the main highlight of it.

Defenders is honestly skippable unless you really like the characters, although I recall it played into DD season 3.

Accurate, however def finish off Daredevil. S3 is the Fisk show and its fantastic outside of the Hand shit.

Iron Fist was missed on this list and it fucking sucks so dont bother with it lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Daredevil, Punisher and Jessica Jones season 1 are all excellent. Luke Cage season one was decent. Everything else for sure skippable.