Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
or

"The American public knows you Presidented while being senile"

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
That explains why you are such a shitty troll, but I am curious who is paying you.
who is paying you
i have never trolled.

araysarbro, how can you do this. noooooooooooo.

EDIT:
Adebisi,
Animale,
Araysar,
Arbitrary,
Brando,
BurnemWizfyre,
Burnesto,
chaos,
Daly,
DeLLy,
Eomer,
Eorkern,
Famedil,
Famm,
fifey,
Gankak,
Iannis,
Itzena,
Juvarisx,
Jysin,
Lenas,
Magimaster,
Mezzer,
OneofOne,
Poet,
Rathgar,
Schags,
Sebudai,
Sendaar,
Soysauceonrice,
Sumorex,
Taybrien79,
TheBeagle,
Vaclav,
Valechec,
Zairus,
Zhaun,
ZyyzYzzy

list of corporate shills still growing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am a very sick person and pay a lot of money to healthcare. The past month the healthcare kills have been a bit terrifying and have been causing me to start considering stopping getting the care I need in certain areas to be able to pay for more important ones.

I just got a letter from my insurance company an hour ago in the post about the changes to my plan due to Obamacare and it is going to be, if I'm doing my maths right, saving 30%+ off my healthcare. Doesn't change the big stuff like the annual MRIs and such, but prescriptions will be cheaper (which is important when you have a dozen+) and the monthly fee is less as well.

So, thanks Obama!
Sounds like me with the neurologic crap I've been dealing with (and getting under control finally) - was like $200k in the hole during my year of going it uninsured between COBRA and finally getting Medicare. If I hadn't been wealthy already I'd have been ruined, any normal person at my age would've been - what average person has that saved at 32? (I'd been saving and investing aggressively - I was at just under half that when I got sick)

Vaclav

My cost for an mri last year went up like 50$ from 25$ to 75$ or something like that, and the lady at the front said it was obama care that forced them to raise the price.

I aint gonna read that shit of a law to figure out why, I just know I had to pay 50$, and there isnt any amount of suffering people getting helped that will get my 50$ back.
LOL you've got an "awesome insurance plan" and you had to copay for an MRI? Even my lowest tier employs had no copay on MRIs with their policies.... Of course an uninsured MRI was like $2k.

And nothing in the "piece of shit law" applies to MRIs yet - in the future replacement costs of MRIs will be +5% because of the equipment tax though - likely padding wallets in advance.

Vaclav

How the fuck high is your deductible? Jesus
Since I've had to foot MRIs out of cash and mine were in that general ballpark (like $1.5k I think - I say $2k to adjust for last couple years inflation in recent quotes though), I'd presume that's his uninsured rate. MD does tend to charge some premiums over other places, please I was too tired from being sick to negotiate my cash rate.

Wow, he answered in between - that's an actual deductible with a plan? Jesus Christ.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
No. It wasn't done well. As it is its a piece of shit that doesn't make anything better other than pre existing conditions.

That being said, I'm reserving shitting on it any more until I see what it does to me

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Corporate Schill checking in here. I will admit that I'm confused by the assertion that those who are liking a Government mandate and program are corporate shills?

I used to be hardcore against "socialized medicine" up until I got married and had kids, coupled with the fact of working in microscopic companies/self employed. Basically we bought insurance out of pocket with high deductibles, that means we played the game of how much will it cost me if I just pay for it straight up. It's when I did that, that I discovered just how truly messed up this system truly is. And then I went on to form the opinion that this will never willingly change with all the greed that rules the day in Washington, and I no longer have it in me to be someone else's lemming and fight their "battle" for higher profits for them. I am now on the single payer train as well, but for now this will be an immense help, and I can rest easy knowing we won't be ruined if one of my kids gets a terminal illness..

Now if they'd just fire the Blizzard guys acting as their web server admins, I might be able to log in before March and get signed up
smile.png

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
No. It wasn't done well. As it is its a piece of shit that doesn't make anything better other than pre existing conditions.

That being said, I'm reserving shitting on it any more until I see what it does to me
The preexisting conditions thing is huge though.

For most people health insurance is just that, insurance against something bad happening. For those of us who aren't as fortunate though, insurance can make huge lifestyle differences and impact a substantial portion of your household income.

This may seem like a far away issue to some of you, but you just never know when "Oh, hi you have some horrible genetic condition that rears its head." or "you get hit by a bus and are permanently crippled" or "your little spawnling is somehow fucked up" and your life changes forever. Once you need to get new insurance and you have some horrible condition already, the pricing difference between having horrible issues or not, if they would even cover you, is ugly.

Now, don't get me wrong, I hope no one runs into these problems. This is a huge deal for those of us who do though.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point I guess Obamashouldhave shoved it down everyone's throats, because look where his half ass compromises and reaching across the isle has gotten him. I don't know if he could have, wasn't there a democratic majority in the house at the time back when it was the first two years of his first term?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Now if they'd just fire the Blizzard guys acting as their web server admins, I might be able to log in before March and get signed up
smile.png
Ya I haven't been able to log on and get signed up all day, but that's to be expected on Day 1 of the rollout. Will probably just give it another week to let things calm down.