Health Care Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just like Blizzard you can't get shit done on a Tuesday patch day!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point I guess Obamashouldhave shoved it down everyone's throats, because look where his half ass compromises and reaching across the isle has gotten him. I don't know if he could have, wasn't there a democratic majority in the house at the time back when it was the first two years of his first term?
The Democrats could have totally been able to push through single payer, but oddly a couple speed bumps just threw them totally off course.

1. The election to fill Ted Kennedy's seat after he passed and they elected the Republican Scott Brown who then went in and somewhat broke the filibuster proof majority the Dems held
2. They had a significant majority in the house, however they had many "blue dog" democrats... more conservative and they had issues going all the way with healthcare.

In panic the house grabbed the Senate version which was the mandate and just passed that, so they could bypass the now more neutralized Senate. At the time I was largely opposed to the idea, but I still couldn't understand why they didn't push hard anyway as they would have won eventually.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Some of you crack me up. Its more expensive, provides less coverage, and costs the nation $2 trillion dollars. How any of you voted yes is amazing.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Some of you crack me up. Its more expensive, provides less coverage, and costs the nation $2 trillion dollars. How any of you voted yes is amazing.
After viewing the poll results, was there ever a moment of self-reflection in which you considered the possibility, however unlikely, that you might be wrong?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why the fuck are you bandwagoning the ducks if you live in Arkansas or something?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Actually it will be less expensive and provide more coverage compared to what I've got now. God damn how can anyone be so consistently uninformed on issues that they are obviously interested in?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Actually it will be less expensive and provide more coverage compared to what I've got now. God damn how can anyone be so consistently uninformed on issues that they are obviously interested in?
Willful ignorance, the backbone of the republican party.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Even if it did cost 2 trillion dollars, thats still a great deal considering that Afghanistan and Iraq cost us over 4 trillion already and the F-35 program has a lifetime cost of 1.5 trillion.

actually it puts it in perspective just how inexpensive the 2 trillion dollar price tag is when compared to the garbage we spent money on thanks to Republicans

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya, too bad it doesn't cost $4 trillion. Then we'd really be gettin some health care up in hurr, yo!

I love how dipshit right wingers somehow think that the evil gubmint spending money on its own citizens is somehow a bad thing. Just wow.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Even if it did cost 2 trillion dollars, thats still a great deal considering that Afghanistan and Iraq cost us over 4 trillion already and the F-35 program has a lifetime cost of 1.5 trillion.

actually it puts it in perspective just how inexpensive the 2 trillion dollar price tag is when compared to the garbage we spent money on thanks to Republicans
Citations on perspective? Not because I disagree but because I'm lazy.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Citations on perspective? Not because I disagree but because I'm lazy.
What do you want citations on? F-35 cost and the costs of wars? or the 2 trillion dollar amount?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I got a letter from my insurance company showing the side by side comparison of how I'm going to be paying substantially less now due to Obamacare.

Christ Merlin.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
1.75 trillion until 2024, when our gdp is 14 trillion per year. Yeah, not that bad.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I got a letter from my insurance company showing the side by side comparison of how I'm going to be paying substantially less now due to Obamacare.

Christ Merlin.
Post a picture, I would love to see that ignorant fucking hillbilly try to rabble rabble his way through explaining how it saves no one money.