Hearthstone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I enjoyed his early Hearthstone streaming where he was basically passive-aggresively comparing it to his own game and asking why people liked this one better.

Then the money started rolling in and he stopped talking about Solforge ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
9 cards revealed today on stream:

1.JPG

Mithril Spellstone upgrades to summon 2 & 3 5/5 golems.

From Hearthpwn:
  • WHAT?! Rogues got a SECRET!
  • Earlier in the Hearthstone days, Rogues used to be a secret class. They were shifted into Paladin instead though since Rogue had a lot already going on.
  • There will be more Rogue secrets in this set - a total of 3.
  • The next set will not have Rogue secrets. Maybe other ones.
  • We are going to see more Dragon stuff in the set.
  • Kathrena is the only Hunter card with Recruit.
  • Not all classes have the Recruit mechanic.
-------

Initial reactions:

Rogue secrets, ok... makes Secret Hate more valuable. Might be interesting. Makes more sense than on Paladin anyway. Rogue is a very boring class (imo), so whatever.

Feral Gibberer: Trash. Would have been interesting if it was a beast, hunter DK HP becomes very interesting.

Sudden Betrayal: Trash. Useless against single minions, worse than Misdirection (because can't kill opponent or misdirect to your minion instead of face, only works if enemy has 2+ minions).

Cheat Death: MAYBE, but doubftul. Another Shadowstep that costs 2 mana, hard to control. But since Rogues have a ton of spells then most minions might be worth "cheating". It's basically 2 more shadowsteps but allows you to leave minion on board which is a plus over shadowstep. Maybe added to Keleseth Rogue, might replace Shadowstep.. hard to say really. The instant shadowstep has major benefits. Tradeoff between 2x Battlecry instantly, or leaving minion on board for presence. Personally, Shadowstep still seems better in most cases and this card is trash.

Duskbreaker: Seems OP. A Hellfire with a body without the hero damage. Seems super strong.

The Runespear: Get 3 random spells after attacking, really expensive. Looks like trash... but maybe not. I can't imagine what spell(s) I'd want for this to be worth it. It's discover, maybe you hope for Evolve/devolve/lightning storm in most cases. Bloodlust/Feral Spirits/Spirit Echo/Volcano seem decent depending on board state. Still very expensive card. So you spend 8 mana to deal 3 damage that turn, and cast a spell. Very good chance you discover some sort of control/aoe/taunt spell if needed. It's not the worst thing in the world. Might be stronger with spells released this expansion.

Branching Paths: Choose Two! 3 very odd options here. Seems like trash. The Draw a Card is nice but combined with +1 or Armor seems garbage. No Damage or summon minion option makes it shitty.

Level Up: this and Stand Against Darkness, 10 mana for 7x 3/3 with Taunt. Or even Lost in the Jungle + Hero Power, 8 mana, 3x 3/3 with Taunt. It's a Quartermaster without the 2/5 body, but gives Taunt. I think it should see play simply because Quartermaster did.
Remeber that an 8 mana play was Muster for Battle+Quartermaster, so you get Taunt instead of the 2/5 body and 1/4 weapon, weaker for sure, but still. Also 10 mana was Muster+HP+Quartermaster, so now you get 3 more 3/3s. for 10 mana.

Lesser Mithril Spellstone: Multiple 5/5 minions after you equip weapon(s) for 7 mana.... Seems like trash but 15/15 stats for 7 mana does seem enticing. Maybe a tempo warrior list. Is warrior even viable right now? What if this is added into a tempo list followed up with Bonemare. Warrior usually play 1 minion at a time, so this might be stronger than we think.

Kathrena Winterwisp: Seems strong. The Battlecry+Deathrattle is normally strong... and this adds minions directly to the battlefield. Pulling free Highmane is a dream. (Or KK!, but no way Krush is added because of this, I think?). Hunter have tons of Deathrattles which make this powerful on even the lowliest minions in a hunter list. Hunter needs board presence and card draw, this does both. It's expensive but should see play..... (how many expensive Hunter Legendaries have I said that for... makes me think it's trash tier)

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think feral gibberer could find a spot depending on how the meta shakes out; seems good to me in zoo. Mithril Spellstone seems really, really strong to me in control warrior. Having the ability to put 3 serious threats on the board AND have 3 mana left over is something the class could never do before.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Secrets in Rogue? Makes sense. I can see lots of evil possibilities with cheat death.

Hunter legendary seems interesting. You could weight your deck to have early game non-beasts and late game beasts to get pulled by this. I think a deck like that still needs more support to make work though.

The hunter DK does make longer games at least somewhere in the realm of possibility though...

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone wanna trade the 80g quests? feel free to hit up matty#1612. I'll be around my computer the next 6 hours I believe.

• 1Like

Krag

Peasant
Cheat Death: MAYBE, but doubftul. Another Shadowstep that costs 2 mana, hard to control. But since Rogues have a ton of spells then most minions might be worth "cheating". It's basically 2 more shadowsteps but allows you to leave minion on board which is a plus over shadowstep. Maybe added to Keleseth Rogue, might replace Shadowstep.. hard to say really.
The secret costs 2 mana so it won't go in a Keleseth deck
Duskbreaker: Seems OP. A Hellfire with a body without the hero damage. Seems super strong.
Looks very, very good especially for the 4 months or so where dragon priest can still run Operative (I have no idea what craziness goes on in Wild, so I'm only judging cards on a Standard perspective).
The Runespear: Get 3 random spells after attacking, really expensive. Looks like trash... but maybe not. I can't imagine what spell(s) I'd want for this to be worth it. It's discover, maybe you hope for Evolve/devolve/lightning storm in most cases. Bloodlust/Feral Spirits/Spirit Echo/Volcano seem decent depending on board state. Still very expensive card. So you spend 8 mana to deal 3 damage that turn, and cast a spell. Very good chance you discover some sort of control/aoe/taunt spell if needed. It's not the worst thing in the world. Might be stronger with spells released this expansion.
This very quickly jumped to the top of legendaries I hope I don't open. It might get better with coming spells, it's might be good in some niche deck, but I don't really see it working out.

Kathrena Winterwisp: Seems strong. The Battlecry+Deathrattle is normally strong... and this adds minions directly to the battlefield. Pulling free Highmane is a dream. (Or KK!, but no way Krush is added because of this, I think?). Hunter have tons of Deathrattles which make this powerful on even the lowliest minions in a hunter list. Hunter needs board presence and card draw, this does both. It's expensive but should see play..... (how many expensive Hunter Legendaries have I said that for... makes me think it's trash tier)
I hope this works and boosts hunter some, but I'm pessimistic. Hunter will still have a hard time early game I think. Maybe once Patches finally gets shot out of the cannon and into the sun.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Looks very, very good especially for the 4 months or so where dragon priest can still run Operative (I have no idea what craziness goes on in Wild, so I'm only judging cards on a Standard perspective).

In wild, dragon priest is already really good, this pushes it over into the easily tier one and probably overpowered category.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636468349215126062.png
636468522702747699.png

Twig of the World Tree: SLOW. But possibly good. It gives you 10 full mana crystals, so even if you play this late you can try to spend 20 mana on turn 10.

Might be good in aggro with pirates. opponent won't want to destroy it because it'll ramp you, but leaving it means pirate synergy.

Or maybe just in a late game combo deck that wants to throw tons of high cost shit on board, or the old Malygos combo, can even combo with Kun to spend 30 mana.

Also combos well with Ultimate Infestation. You can UI, then break your weapon to spend 10 mana on something you've drawn.

Just seems good all around. Cost isn't too bad for Druid, the 1 attack means if you hero power you can deal 2 damage to a minion/opponent.

---------

Rummaging Kobold seems bad. Slow, bad stats. Gives you a weapon back, but too hard to say who would want that right now. Do I want to get my Twig of the World Tree back and need to wait 5 turns before I get the mana crystals? Probably not. The minion seems too slow for pirate warrior, would be useless with Rogue. too slow for paladin or hunter. MAYBE a caster class (Mage/Warlock) that want a 2nd (3rd) Atiesh or something... might work.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can't you overlap weapons to trigger the deathrattle? I know with that warrior weapon that battlecrys and deathrattles for whirlwind if you I slap another weapon overtop it the whirlwind takes effect.

-edit-

Yeah on /r/HS they are talking about playing this into Medivh

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Can't you overlap weapons to trigger the deathrattle? I know with that warrior weapon that battlecrys and deathrattles for whirlwind if you I slap another weapon overtop it the whirlwind takes effect.

-edit-

Yeah on /r/HS they are talking about playing this into Medivh
Druid don't have any other weapons.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Druid don't have any other weapons.
yet..

cept medivh, of course. Which, that seems like a good fit into that strategy. Play twig turn before medivh, then cast a UI on same turn as medivh! Now, you have a 10 drop, a 5/5, and a 7/7 all in play with a full hand.

Just to make sure, the twig gives you 10 full mana crystals permanently, right? If you can break it on turn 5, you have 10 crystals for the rest of the game?

I feel like there has to be another relatively consistent way to get a weapon into a druid deck or destroy it early as well. Like, discovering a weapon or a minion like nzoths first mate. Medivh alone is a start, but a little inconsistent to be competitive. If there was 2-3 ways to break the twig without using all the charges, it starts being a pretty reliable combo.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
ROFL, just saw Zola the Gorgon. 3 mana, 2/2, battlecry: Choose a friendly minion, add a GOLDEN copy to your hand.

The fact it specifies a golden copy just cracks me up.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Lightning Fast
I don't think it gives you 10 mana for the rest of the game. Wild Growth and Nourish say gain mana crystals not gain mana.

Pretty sure it works like Kun.

Zola looks pretty memeish, but it could again lead to some nasty situations. Maybe the direction they're taking this expac is combos and meme's? I'm actually ok with that as long as something isn't completely broken. Or at least more than 2 things are completely broken in different ways so they compete with each other.

Now that I say that out loud, the chances of Blizzard successfully pulling that off are really low. Like powerball low :emoji_expressionless:

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it gives you 10 mana for the rest of the game. Wild Growth and Nourish say gain mana crystals not gain mana.

Pretty sure it works like Kun.

Zola looks pretty memeish, but it could again lead to some nasty situations. Maybe the direction they're taking this expac is combos and meme's? I'm actually ok with that as long as something isn't completely broken. Or at least more than 2 things are completely broken in different ways so they compete with each other.

Now that I say that out loud, the chances of Blizzard successfully pulling that off are really low. Like powerball low :emoji_expressionless:

Kun says refresh, innervate says this turn only, i think it adds for rest of game... it's turn 9 before you can break it normally if you get it turn 4

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636468809344173102.png
636468808933175087.png

Spiteful Summoner: Probably trash, but almost seems like some crazy Medivh Druid can exist with this card. You get a 4/4 and whatever random minion it summons for 6 mana, and Druid can just put 4 mana+ spells in deck and be perfectly viable with an aggro package for early game.
Swipe, Living Mana, Spreading Plague, UI... Could still take Wrath and Wild Growth in a control deck, or nix them for low cost aggro shit.

Gorgonzola seems really good. Not sure where it'll fit best, but it's a much better Manic Soulcaster which saw play with Reno. Just need another high impact battlecry... and it's neutral so many more possibilities. I'm sure it'll be in Keleseth deck or something

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
huh? The twig says 'gain 10 mana crystals'. Based on the wording, it seemed most likely to give you 10 (full) mana crystals. It has same wording as Nourish. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some weird exception case going on here. Sort of like how Jade Blossom doesn't give you the excess mana card even though it's worded the same way as Wild Growth.[/QUOTE]

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
Huh, I could swear when I read that earlier it just said mana, not crystals. Blizzard must be ninja-editing descriptions! :confused:

Guess we'll just have to see. If you do get it popped on turn 5 or something, that seems way too strong if the crystals are permanent. It's already crazy strong with Medivh on curve, or playing cards then pop the weapon, then Kun, then UI, etc.

Summoner seems... odd. I guess you could put it in some sort of tempo/burn mage to reveal firelands portal/flamestrike/pyro. Big priest could work too, since you're running free from amber and eternal servitude and such.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636469417849344214.png

Getting out Tirion, Rag Lightlord, Lich King or even Primordial Drake a turn early, and pulling from deck (pseudo card draw), is pretty good. Only see it being used in Paladin since they usually have many 8 costs. Deathrattle is a big issue. Unlikely to be played even in Paladin. Maybe 1 copy is tried.

636469380685840089.png

2 cost 2/4 taunt with Dragon requirement was played 100% in those decks. This card at 1 more mana and no dragon req, but giving Divine Shield, seems an auto-include in many decks.

Hot Spring Guardian and Squirming Tentacle are the only other 3 cost 2/4s. 1 has seen play, 1 hasn't. The Divine Shield makes this very playable. Paladin seems obvious but perhaps other classes as well... Taunt warrior could play it.

636468948287403004.png

Garbage.
Savannah Lowmane

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last could be good if you limit the number of deathrattles in the deck - but would definitely be a brand new type of Hunter from anything I saw when I was still messing around.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity