Hearthstone

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
636470210406077937.png

Seems crazy... seems like it could be good/ great...
Unplayable vs aggro, giving them turns 7 and 8 for free is death unless you are so far ahead you'd win anyway. But sets up a ton of combos and basically gives you OTK turns easily.

Edit: Malygos dragon priest might be a thing after this expansion with this guy and that board clear dragon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Unplayable vs aggro, giving them turns 7 and 8 for free is death unless you are so far ahead you'd win anyway. But sets up a ton of combos and basically gives you OTK turns easily.

Edit: Malygos dragon priest might be a thing after this expansion with this guy and that board clear dragon.

Not necessarily. By turn 7... if you've made it that far, then you've likely stabilized and opponent is low on cards.
As long as the board is empty then you probably can't expect more than ~15damage in 2 turns, they need to spend 7/8 mana, and next turn can attack, even with something like Bittertide Hydra + a 2/3 drop, you're probably okay with 20+ health as long as the board is empty when you play it.

Not saying it won't be suicide in a lot of cases, but if this card is in your deck then clearly you have a plan... likely a combo deck and everything else is defensive. The other dragon is going to be a key clear for wiping the early aggression too.

I'd be more worried about non-Aggro decks that can throw out some big minions by turns 8+. Aggro either wins before 7 or you win... don't even need to play this most of the time.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In another post I read the card text as the returned minions costing 1 less and I thought that might not be a bad legendary and have some potential for replaying battlecries. Seeing that it actually says they cost 1 straight up seems crazy powerful. It will be interesting to see what kind of new combos will be built around this as I don't think it goes into standard evolve shaman.

Seems really risky. You remove your board so you can combo something is also only good if their board is empty. Unless you have like a bonemare or two on the board and its turn 8 or whatever so you can double bonemare into it directly.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That card is only playable to enable otk imo. Even then it's risky.

We've seen some good anti aggro cards though

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems really risky. You remove your board so you can combo something is also only good if their board is empty. Unless you have like a bonemare or two on the board and its turn 8 or whatever so you can double bonemare into it directly.
tons of Two-Turn kills possible for a priest.
Innerfire
Velen/Mindblast
DK shennanigans
perhaps more.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope that dragon sees play just so I can cast Valeera on my 2nd turn and laugh at the priest.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
LOL:

636470356703210814.png
636470360507361578.png

try to make the shittiest deck to give to your opponent? Looks like a fun card, especially in an archbishop deck

edit: Apparently the Ransom card is added to their hand, which changes things... actually might make it better / more playable.

You drop a 5/5 for 8 but are basically forcing your opponent to spend 5 mana to get their deck back, essentially skipping 1/2 their turn.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
King Tog while having mana bind up, then play Hemet, then swap decks back with the swap spell produced? Lol

That's such a strange card, seems made for trolden highlight vids

• 2Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just a few of these cards derail the aggro meta pretty hard.

Hopefully you're right, aggro all the time was what bored me into my hiatus. But then again, I thought the last xpac was going to.... and my prediction was no bueno...

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The should rework truesilver to heal after you hit if they're going to continue making paladin cards that do things when you heal.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
paladin card seems like shit, mage secret seems pretty decent, the mage spellstone seems really OP in elemental deck. A 2 mana cabalist tome? Yes pls.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fluffy Rune seems hilarious with Sheep secret. Yea, inefficient, but still hilarious.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Fluffy Rune maybe won't see play, but I'm thinking it's possible in a burn mage deck, otherwise nah.

Usually enemy plays cheap minions to test secrets, so now they take 4-5 damage to the face, kinda good

• 1Like