Hearthstone

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dragon slayer is going to be all over Arena for sure. This looks like a very creature-heavy set and most of the creatures are at least a little different. I have trouble believing there'll be much of a big shift though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Really terrible expansion. Priest and rogue seem to have the best cards followed by warlock. Four usable weapons,
Top 7 cards in no order;

Unstable Evolution
Psychic Scream
Dragon's Fury
Duskbreaker
Kingsbane
Elven Minstrel
Kobold Librarian

HM- Vulgar Homunculus
Most fun cards- King Tog, The Darkness

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Really terrible expansion. Priest and rogue seemed to have the best cards followed by warlock. Four usable weapons,
Top 7 cards in no order;

Unstable Evolution
Psychic Scream
Dragon's Fury
Duskbreaker
Kingsbane
Elven Minstrel
Kobold Librarian

HM- Vulgar Homunculus
Most fun cards- King Tog, The Darkness

Even with all the help that Rogue got, it'll still get shat on by Jade most of the time though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I want to see a Buffadin adapt Kobold Monk into Immune to Spells/hero Powers.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
so this just happened:

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 10.10.08 PM.png

they want me back

• 2Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So I was at work for the stream, but I'm watching it now.

The very first game the Warlock Legendary weapon is in play, and when it summons a demon it doesn't lose durability.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
I dont have the source but shortly after the reveal of the weapons they said they dont lose durability for their effects.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Dungeon Run looks great. I think I'll probably do a bunch of them Thursday

Edit: I think my only day 1 golden legendary crafts are going to be the 2 Rogue ones. Most legendaries just aren't that appealing this expansion

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dungeon Run looks great. I think I'll probably do a bunch of them Thursday

Edit: I think my only day 1 golden legendary crafts are going to be the 2 Rogue ones. Most legendaries just aren't that appealing this expansion

Hopefully they're as fun as the look, it's the aspect of the expansion that has me most interested. (besides the Rogue Legendary weapon, that's cool too)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I'm going to take it easy and do Dungeons/Arenas and shit, not worrying about constructed. Dungeon runs should be refreshing.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Well that's a playable weapon

636477696359317298.png

People are hyped about the new Tutor card for this, but I'm more excited about Doomerang's interplay with it.

Does anyone know how Pirate battlecries work? Do they count as enchantments? Also late game, you could multiply it with the Rogue DK.

• 1Like

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
People are hyped about the new Tutor card for this, but I'm more excited about Doomerang's interplay with it.

Does anyone know how Pirate battlecries work? Do they count as enchantments? Also late game, you could multiply it with the Rogue DK.

Pretty sure enchantments just means buffs, so the 5-4 that gives 1 atk, the 5-4 that gives +1,+1, and the deathrattle one that gives +2 atk should all stick from my understanding.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ravishing's Set Review
I'm going to try a ranking system, not going to look at any other reviews beforehand.

Key:
★★★★★ Meta Defining (Overpowered)
★★★★ In many decks (Great)
★★ Some play (Good)
Very little play (Poor)
No Play (Bad)

-----------------------

Druid:
★★ Grizzled Guardian: Expensive but this card might be a sleeper in a reformed Druid taunt deck. The 3 health means it can be pulled with the new Legendary, but even playing it naturally may be ok. If the deck is built around it, you could pull the new 4-drop Taunt for druid which adds to the Taunt theme, and everything synergizes with Hadronox too. So much synergy with Taunt, 3 attack, and recruit. Lots of "free" minions. Might be able to add Astral Tiger to prevent Fatigue.

It does have negative Synergy with Strongshell Scavenger.
It also has negative Synergy with 1-3 drops, so need to build early game carefully, perhaps relying more on ramp and spell minions.

Crypt Lord is probably fine as it adds to the Taunt theme.

Ixlid, Fungal Lord: Too slow. It's an 8-10 mana play. Weak body, won't get many procs off. Requires a lot of build-around. Might end up in a combo deck with Malygos or something but probably too inconsistent/slow to work out.

Twig of the World Tree: Very slow. Any combos you plan will be ruined by weapon removal. If it's broken early then you ramp to 10 quickly, which is nice, but ideally your opponent will just wait till turn 8-10 to use the weapon removal to kill any combo potential. 1 attack weapon for 4 mana is terrible.

Branching Paths: Too expensive with terrible options that don't have synergy with each other.

★★ Oaken Summons: Healing and an aggressively costed "recruit" effect. Seems like an auto-include for most Druid decks. Frees up card draw a little.

Astral Tiger: Not a Beast, slow, maybe Druid finds a way to run Spiritsinger Umbra to take advantage of all these new Druid-Deathrattles (and she can be recruited since 4-cost). But seems too janky to really work. This is an anti-fatigue card which isn't needed while Jade Idol exists.

Ironwood Golem: Taunt and Aggro both could play this. Druid has a lot of Armor gain options now, probably can attack more often than not.

Greedy Sprite: Fits Deathrattle theme, if your opponent kills then you get a full mana crystal on turn 4. Fits Aggro extremely well. Might work with a Spiritsinger Umbra+Recruit Deck.

Barkskin: Meh

Lesser Jasper Spellstone: Might see fringe play in a combo or jade deck. Works with Auctioneer, can help stabilize early and also kill something bigger late game. It's a terrible top-deck. Can't hit face. Takes up a valuable card slot. Needs to be in a specific deck that is building toward a specific win condition (like combo/jades).

Neutrals to look out for in Druid:

Corridor Creeper: Free 5/5 for Beast/Aggro druid
Arcane Tyrant: Free 4/4 after using Nourish/UI/Spreading Plague/Living Mana
Carnivorous Cube: Might work in Deathrattle/Taunt deck.
Void Ripper: Can replace "Savage Roar" as a way to make all your low-attack+high health taunts become insane damage. Also a way to break through opponent taunts.Might fit in Aggro.
Plated Beetle: Beast/Aggro Synergy
Dire Mole: Beast/Aggro Synergy

----------------------------------------

Hunter:
Kathrena Winterwisp: I see it as a Call of the Wild replacement, it can be coined right after Highmane. It's 2 bodies on the board immediately with an additional to follow. Might be able to build the deck in a way where you guarantee some high value minions, possibly Taunts, Deathrattles or Charge minions. It pulls 2 from deck, any pseudo-Draw is great for Hunter.

Rhok'delar: Too slow, too expensive, too random, poor condition. Negative synergy with Yogg. Can add lots of junk to hand. Only benefit is it can go face.

Crushing Walls: Too expensive.

To My Side!: Ugh.

Seeping Oozeling: Too random, poor stats for cost.

Lesser Emerald Spellstone: Not bad. Board flood in a secret deck. Compared to Living Mana that can put 5x 2/2s on board at 5 mana, if you can high-roll this, you can put 4x 3/3s on board at 5 mana. Needs a lot of Secret backup though.

Flanking Strike: Removal and board presence is a powerful combination.

Cave Hydra: Decent body and a beast. Could be the sleeper AoE removal Hunter needs. Also might be a decent pickup with DK hero power + Poisonous.

Wandering Monster: too random and weak.

Candleshot: Infinite weapon attacks. That's 3 damage a turn from hunter to your face. Buff it with pirates to make it more insane. Possibly a 5-star. Aggro Hunter could make a huge surge.

Neutrals to look out for in Hunter:
Dire Mole: Better than Alleycat

Void Ripper: Help bypass taunts, turns your Dire Mole into a 3/1, good synergy with Sneaky Devil, isn't summoned by Kathrena.
Scorp-o-matic: Kills doomsayers and early aggression. Allows Hunter to get board control over other aggro decks. Not a beast, so won't be summoned by Kathrena.
Sneaky Devil: Hard to remove, great in aggro, great with tokens, not a beast so keeps Kathrena high value.
Corridor Creeper: Free 5/5 for Aggro hunter, works great with tokens. Beast tag.

Mage:
Dragoncaller Alanna: Extremely slow, hard enough to find a turn to play DK Jaina without dying. This card doesn't give you 5 armor or the ability to heal up. Could only theoretically work in a Freeze Mage deck which I don't see any support for this expansion.

Aluneth: 3 cards a turn indefinitely (assuming it doesn't lose durability, as mentioned above), means Fatigue becomes a real issue. Even in Freeze Mage this can kill you more often than not. Drawing cards that fast means you need to play 3+ a turn to not burn key cards. Doesn't seem like you'll be able to keep up. A burn deck with cheap spells would be necessary with this. No Flamewaker means not enough damage from cheap spells.

Deck of Wonders: Slow but adds extra value to your deck, possibly better than Tome. It's 5 random spells - any spells - from any class. If Yogg saw play, this could see some play.

Dragon's Fury: Replaces Flamestrike/Blizzard in most cases. Powerful. Good value.

Leyline Manipulator: Mana cost reduction is powerful, and it has yeti stats, and it's an elemental. Can see play in Elemental Decks or Combo/Quest Decks. Get 8 mana Pyro from Glyph then use this to make it 6 mana.

Explosive Runes: Good secret for Burn, Aggro or Secret Mage. Keeps board control and chips away at hero.

★★★ Lesser Ruby Spellstone: Great value. Great in Elemental mage but might find its way into other decks somehow. Upgrading could be too slow, but in an Elemental deck shouldn't be an issue.

Raven Familiar: Another excellent 2-drop for Mage. Minion+Card Draw is always good. Probably auto-include in most decks.

Arcane Artificer: An elemental and a way to stay alive for cheap. Great card.

Shifting Scroll: Too random. Doesn't discount the cost. Never know what card you're getting. Unlikely to be what you need when you need it.

Neutrals to look out for in Mage:
Arcane Tyrant: Free 4/4 in most cases.
Spiteful Summoner: 6 mana to get a 4/4 and something 5+ costed in most cases. Will often be better than Faceless Summoner

Paladin:
★★★ Lynessa Sunsorrow: I don't think it's going to be auto-include, but certainly powerful enough to see some play. Mainly control paladin. Needs usage of at least 1 Spikeridge Steed to be worth playing. Could be a dead (and expensive) card in hand until you meet that condition. But once you do, and if you can stack any other spells on top, it can become insane.

★★★★ Val'anyr: Pay 6 mana for an infinite weapon. Other weapons just help accelerate the power of this. Can be in many lists. The value is off the charts. Need to silence or transform the minion to have this removed from play.

Crystal Lion: Free 5/5s are just strong. This has Divine Shield too. Meeting the condition shouldn't be too hard, even if it becomes 1, 2, or 3 cost, still fine.

★★ Level Up!: Good effect but it's going to be an 8-10 mana play which is slow. Very unlikely to have many dudes on board by the early turns to play this on 5.

Call to Arms: Good to thin deck and get your powerful 1&2 drops into play. You can use Small-Time Recruits to get the 1s and then use this to grab the 2s. Only problem is it has negative synergy with handbuffs and the new weapon. But this might make an ultra aggressive deck a viability. 4 mana is borderline too expensive, especially if you pull any 1s. I think it'll come 1 turn too late and is also a poor draw later in the game... you also probably never keep this on the mulligan.

★★ Unidentified Maul: Rallying probably still sees play over this. Might see fringe play but doubtful... would have been a lot better if Murlocs were still viable.

Benevolent Djinn: Don't think it can fit in most paladin decks. It is healing but control lists can barely fit Aldor which is a pseudo-heal anyways, also Burnbristle heals for at least 4 in most cases and has taunt. Unlikely to see play.

Lesser Pearl Spellstone: Not enough support to me this work early enough when it matters.

★★★ Potion of Heroism: Draw a card is really strong. Synergy with Lynessa. Can fit in many decks and Paladins need cheap card draw.

★★★★ Drygulch Jailor: Really excellent card for any aggro/handbuff deck or just to get some tokens in hand to combo with big stuff later (Kinds/Steed/Bonemare). Especially strong for handbuffs, also gives you fuel for the Legendary weapon. Need to keep tokens in hand to receive the buff.

Neutrals to look out for in Paladin:
Wax Elemental: Another 1 drop with taunt and DS which will fit nicely in handbuff and works with Rallying Blade too.
Scorp-o-matic: Kills doomsayers and early aggression. Helps handbuff to get a footing.
Zola the Gorgon: Control lists have many valuable minions to copy, even just an additional Stonehill is worth it, Tarim, Lynessa, Bonemare all high value same-turn combos.
Rummaging Kobold: Early on you can get back a Rallying Blade, or later you can get some high value weapons, including Tirion's, DK's, or the new Legendary.
Ebon Dragonsmith: 1 mana Rallying, 2 mana Truesilve, 4 mana Val'Anyr. Stats are low but the effect can make up for the tempo loss.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Priest:
★★★ Lesser Diamond Spellstone: Big Priest gets stronger. Could easily see a 1-of this, maybe 2 in that list. Might see play elsewhere, but unlikely.

★★★★★ Psychic Scream: Extremely powerful removal that probably makes every priest list for the next 2 years. Tokens become a liability. Living Mana is a risk. Big Jades get screwed. Any board flood at all gets punished.

Temporus: No support for this. You'll die.

★★★★ Duskbreaker: Extremely powerful early dragon. Aggro decks cry.

★★ Dragon Soul: Since durability doesn't get removed, this card is a value generator, especially with Lyra. Big target for weapon removal, but cheap enough you could get out 1-2 dragons in the same turn when playing before the ooze comes. I don't think you're going to get off the effect very often though, which is why I'm rating it lower. The dream Lyra turn will be too infrequent when this is equipped. Need to pray no weapon removal.

★★★ Twilight's Call: Quest or maybe even sneaks its way into DK or Big Priest.

★★ Unidentified Elixir: The bonus effects aren't bad and the +2/+2 for 3 is alright. Dragon priest was all about +health on minions, so kinda getting back to that. Will be tough to squeeze in at the 3 slot, probably gets cut from most lists.

★★★ Gilded Gargoyle: Coin is very relevant. Deathrattle helps Quest. Coin works with Lyra and weapon. Also might just be good to skip turn 4 and get to your 5-drop, which is a key spot for Priest (Raza / Operative)

★★★★★ Twilight Acolyte: Insane. Helps steal anything in the game. Broken.

Psionic Probe: Another "Mind Vision", meh.

Neutrals to look out for in Priest:
Not much stands out, Priest decks unlikely to include any/many new neutrals.

Rogue:
★★ Lesser Onyx Spellstone: Powerful effect but the condition is tough to meet. Not enough support for this card.

★★★★ Elven Minstrel: Very strong card. Usually Rogue have more spells than minions. Finding those key minions will be nice,

★★★★ Fal'dorei Strider: So much value, can fit in a lot of Rogue decks. The ambushes are ignored by Minstrel too.

Kobold Illusionist: If it was a battlecry it still would have been fringe. The fact it's a Deathrattle makes it even worse.

★★★★★ Sonya Shadowdancer: Incredibly strong. Allows some broken combos to occur. Can be used with a Quest package, or Deathrattles, or Jades, or Battlecries, and the copy becomes a combo-activator.

Cheat Death: Too slow. Can't easily control it. Not worth running, even in a Quest Rogue.

★★★★★ Evasion: Insane. Basically an Ice Block as long as the 1st attack isn't lethal. Just stupid OP for Rogue.

Sudden Betrayal: Trash card that should never see play.

★★★★ Cavern Shinyfinder: Great card for finding Kingsbane and never dead as long as Kingsbane is in your deck somewhere. Also can use Minstrel to find this to find Kingsbane.

★★★★★ Kingsbane: OP weapon that has support to be OP. There are enough tutors and weapon support cards to make this card bonkers.

Neutrals to look out for in Rogue:
Zola the Gorgon: Can work in a lot of Rogue decks. Quest, Jades, Deathrattles, Battlecries, Combos, Keleseth, etc etc. Just seems good.
Plated Beetle: Some health gain and 2/3. The healing isn't wasted early like with Mistress.

Shaman:
The Runespear: Very slow, only 3 charges unlike the Mage weapons, too expensive.

Lesser Sapphire Spellstone: Too slow and too hard to pull off, doesn't allow for much combo potential.

★★★★ Grumble, Worldshaker: Very strong, possibly a 5-star. Great with Elementals and Jades. Doesn't seem to work as nicely with Shaman's signature decks: Evolve/flood.

★★★ Windshear Stormcaller: Fits nicely with the token theme. Totem/token deck might work again.

★★★ Healing Rain: If you control no minions then it's a self heal for 12, but even with some damaged, you probably get most of the healing directed your way. It's a nice heal card to make up for losing Healing Wave.

Primal Talismans: Very slow and worse than Spirit Echo.

Crushing Hand: Spend 5 mana to kill "most" minions, compared to hex which is 4 mana and deals with all minions, including deathrattles/divine shield. Bad card.

★★★★ Kobold Hermit: Great card allowing shaman to tactically use their AoE spells with spellpower totem and fits the new totem deck.

★★★★ Murmuring Elemental: Brann reborn for Shaman, allowing big evolve turns or multiple battlecries from Elementals or Jades, and it's cheaper than Brann, but only lasts 1 turn... however you can have 2 of these in your deck.

★★★★★ Unstable Evolution: Can spawn completely new shaman deck. Maybe with Auctioneer / Teachers / Illidan / Yogg or who-knows-what. Insane card that can do insane things. Can fit in almost every Shaman deck.

Neutrals to look out for in Shaman:
Zola the Gorgon: What about 2-4 more Murmuring Elementals? Or a key value minion.
Shrieking Shroom: Comparable to Primalfin Totem, 1 more cost but possibility to generate some really good minions... and it can attack, and can evolve into a 4 drop.
Sewer Crawler: 2x 3 cost minions for 3 which work nicely with Evolve and can also be used with Murmuring Elemental.
Rummaging Kobold: Get more Jades... or niche use with Doomhammer.
Furbolg Mossbinder: Great with evolve, if in DK form and you top-deck this, you can have a 6-cost and a 6/6 for 7 mana.
Corridor Creeper: Free 5/5, great in token decks.

Warlock:
★★ Voidlord: Relies on the recruits or Weapon effect to pull this for free, otherwise it's just shitting up your hand. Makes DK effect worse. It does stall, maybe it sneaks in simply because it's 4 taunt minions in 1 package.

Rin, the First Disciple: Incredibly slow, a fun card, will almost never see it completed.

★★ Skull of the Man'ari: A bit of RNG... The good demons have good battlecries you'll be missing. Bad demons unlikely to be in your deck. Won't always have a demon in your hand. Just slow and doesn't do anything the turn it's played.

Possessed Lackey: Stats make it poor, but Recruiting a demon can be strong if you build around it. Big problem is it's a deathrattle.

★★ Cataclysm: Strong Removal and maybe the discard helps out quest/discardlock, but it also ruins your board/hand. I only see it being tried with discard synergy.

★★★ Lesser Amethyst Spellstone: Good sustain and board control in 1 package. Might help form a new version of handlock.

★★★ Hooked Reaver: 4 mana 7/7... with Taunt. It's almost Molten Giant+Sunfury in 1 package. Could help spawn a new Handlock.

★★★ Vulgar Homunculus: Good early taunt can fit in slower decks, but also zoo. Terrifying in zoo imo.

★★ Dark Pact: Handlock would want this but have too many high quality minions for it to be reliable. Egg/Zoo could use it, but they often don't care about healing themselves, would prefer a 1-cost minion instead.

★★★★ Kobold Librarian: Basically using hero power on turn 1, and adds board presence, all in 1 nice little package. Pretty insane.

Neutrals to look out for in Warlock:
Scorp-o-matic: Again, aggro will use this to remove Doomsayers. So zoo/discardlock.

Warrior:
Woecleaver: Too slow and random.

★★ Geosculptor Yip: I think in most cases he's going to summon a high-cost minion, if a Control deck can work then he may see play. Decent value if he can be played.

★★★ Lesser Mithril Spellstone: Midrange/Control maybe even a faster deck would have no problem spending 7 to generate 15/15 worth of stats.

Gather Your Party: Clearly meant for a build-around deck that has very few minions. Tough to picture it working out. Can get Gromm 2 turns early, but.................. no thanks.

★★★ Unidentified Shield: Good bonus effects, mostly good in a Control Deck.

★★★ Gemstudded Golem: Comparable to Ancient of War. It's 1 less cost and 1 less health. Works in Quest Warrior but possibly good for a Control list too.

★★ Reckless Flurry: Losing your amor and your board can be a problem, but maybe less so in a Control list. Won't be in many lists, and Brawl probably still better, since on 5 mana this thing won't often to more than 2 damage aoe.

Kobold Barbarian: You can't attack with it, may as well play the other 4/4 that freezes your board.

★★★★ Bladed Gauntlet: Can maintain control early but isn't dead late as long as you have armor. It's comparable to Shield Slam. Requires Armor to use, but can kill almost anything. 2 charges is nice.

★★★★ Drywhisker Armorer: Really excellent for early game or to generate some insane armor later against flood/aggro.

Neutrals to look out for in Warrior:
Plated Beetle: The armor on a 2-drop could be Warrior needs early to get off some of their armor synergy cards.
Zola the Gorgon: Quest/Control wouldn't mind more value cards.

---------------------
Neutrals:
Other than those noted per class above, the rest seem niche or not very exciting to me. Definitely some fun ones for sure, but nothing else that stands out as "definitely seeing play".

-------------------------
Card Summary:

★★★
Unstable Evolution (SHM)
Kingsbane (ROG)
Evasion (ROG)
Sonya Shadowdancer (ROG)
Twilight Acolyte (PRIEST)
Psychic Scream (PRIEST)

★★
Oaken Summons (DRU)
Greedy Sprite (DRU)
Candleshot (HUNTER)
Dragon's Fury (MAGE)
Raven Familiar (MAGE)
Arcane Artificer (MAGE)
Val'anyr (PALADIN)
Drygulch Jailor (PALADIN)
Duskbreaker (PRIEST)
Elven Minstrel (ROGUE)
Fal'dorei Strider (ROGUE)
Cavern Shinyfinder (ROGUE)
Grumble, Worldshaker (SHM)
Kobold Hermit (SHM)
Murmuring Elemental (SHM)
Kobold Librarian (WARLOCK)
Bladed Gauntlet (WARRIOR)
Drywhisker Armorer (WARRIOR)

-------------------------
Class Strength Prediction:

Tier1:
Rogue (Weapon/Miracle)
Priest (Dragon)
Hunter (Face)

Tier2:
Shaman
Mage
Paladin

Tier3:
Druid
Warrior
Warlock

For the amount of time this took, I had fun :D

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The french translation of the little hunter bow has the same text as the meh 7 cost epic bow, so I doubt you're getting infinite free 1 damage plinks :)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The french translation of the little hunter bow has the same text as the meh 7 cost epic bow, so I doubt you're getting infinite free 1 damage plinks :)
Yea, took some searching and lots of people weren't sure of the true meaning, but a Blizz dev confirmed on Reddit that your hero is immune, not the weapon.

However... I think it'll still see play, and it may possibly be better with hero immunity. Sure, you don't get the infinite extra ping, but you get to fight a bit better for board and keep your life total up in the process.

• 1Like