Hearthstone

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
People have won with just the 10m hero power turn and nothing rez'd.

I've won after a board clear on all my rezzed demons, from out-surviving in fatigue. A 6 health swing is big when neither side has much left.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think making tarim a 3/6 is fine. Means you only need 2 minions to trade and no extra damage. It is definitely a super strong card enabling so much

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
1. Sunkeeper needs some kind of fix unless they fix all of the other issues with paladin. I like the thoughts of making 2/2s with Baku and having Sunkeeper the opposite cost of even pally. At 6, its power level is off the charts with any form of swarm strategy and single-handedly crushes big minion decks.
2. Cube- dark pact for 3 would do it. I'd say even dark pact for 2 and heal for only 6 might be fine as well but at 3 it's just an easier fix. That slows the deck down significantly and prevents the issues we keep seeing.
3. Guldan is fine.
4. Quest rogue shows they don't test shit... just look at stats. Well people aren't playing it so our broken interaction must be fine...until two weeks later and the rest of that meta.
5. Spiteful- I really like the spell cost limit. Force these decks to use lower cost, less valuable and swingy cards. UI, which is already a ridiculously powerful card, having even more value in a deck is utterly retarded. Hearthstone is a RnG tempo based game. So giving several decks, who already have good tempo cards, a broken interaction makes very little competitive sense.

Great ideas guys. I'm now 100% positive Blizzard fucks this up.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Another Cubelock/Warlock general fix. Make the spellstone go 3-4-5. It's currently super easy to upgrade, and the "detriment" isn't bad considering the upgraded spellstone un-does the damage you have to take.

The power of Cubelock isn't the core Demon cheating. It's the supportive healing that's cheap, and synergizes too well with the deck. The "downsides" of Dark Pact and Spellstone are basically non-existant. Hell in the case of Dark Pact it's a perk. Kobold Librarian and Hellfire would be run even if the spellstone didn't exist, and much like Dark Pact, Hellfire's "downside" once again can be utilized to kill that Lackey or Cube.

Cube Lock is an interesting case for an overpowered deck. It doesn't have a singular overpowered card or combo. It just has so many cards that work so well together. Look how stable the deck list has been since it's inception. The only notable variances are Giants/Umbra/Taldaram swapping for Silence/Ooze. It has 26 cards that are basically locked in with no adjustment.

I would also agree that nuking Dark Pact and forcing Warlock to rely on ratcatcher for their triggers. Slowing them down and reducing their absurd healing. This would also make the Cubelock more tolerable.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I still think it's mind-boggling how Blizzard allowed mechanics to be printed that are so powerful that people will play them even if they do nothing a significant percentage of the time. Like, Spiteful Druid is a Tier 1 deck despite the fact that the interaction that it's based around does absolutely nothing 33% of the time that you cast it. The same was true for Patches, people would play Patches and Southsea Captain as the only pirates in a deck, even though that meant Southsea Captain would whiff a third of the time.

• 2Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I still think it's mind-boggling how Blizzard allowed mechanics to be printed that are so powerful that people will play them even if they do nothing a significant percentage of the time. Like, Spiteful Druid is a Tier 1 deck despite the fact that the interaction that it's based around does absolutely nothing 33% of the time that you cast it. The same was true for Patches, people would play Patches and Southsea Captain as the only pirates in a deck, even though that meant Southsea Captain would whiff a third of the time.
Heh think about Prince Keleseth where he's only good 26-30% of the time when you get him down turn 2. Also, in spiteful druid. I hate that highroll deck.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This deck is the ultimate meme deck for this expansion lol.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This deck is the ultimate meme deck for this expansion lol.

Lol thx. I don't have the key cards but definitely goung to save for. Standard is already not worth playing so I need something

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Welp i think I am done with anything other than quests and tavern brawls again at least until after the patch.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Expansion releases: “Better not craft anything until the meta settles.”
Meta settles: “Better not craft anything until the nerfs are announced”

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow is this current Meta utter crap. Just going to take a break for a while. Not even interested in dailies. It really is no longer fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Wow is this current Meta utter crap. Just going to take a break for a while. Not even interested in dailies. It really is no longer fun.
Yup, I'm in fortnite mode now. Only doing 1 daily a day and might not even do that soon.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Expansion releases: “Better not craft anything until the meta settles.”
Meta settles: “Better not craft anything until the nerfs are announced”

This x 1,000.

The game is very disappointing right now.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Have you considered dusting your collection and quitting?

If it was a sufficient way to build a collection, I probably would have been fine doing dailies-only like I do now in Gwent. I have a suspicion(that I don't really care to confirm) that if I played Gwent as much as I played Hearthstone, I'd be just as frustrated.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Is it really that bad? Haven't played in a year, maybe more. After watching the tournament last weekend I've been wanting to play

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Is it really that bad? Haven't played in a year, maybe more. After watching the tournament last weekend I've been wanting to play

It is just frustration speaking for those guys. The game hasn't fundamentally changed since it came out. It has all the same issues....You either can live with it, or you can't.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I think the meta always gets stale. But this current round just has some really annoying decks that rely on huge RNG rolls for insane tempo swings you can't stop (all Spiteful decks) or insane value decks (paladin, warlock).

Between Witchwood and Kobolds expansion they just made some cards that created some absurdity. Which is why we have a huge round of nerfs coming at the end of the month.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's not the worst ever, but it's just boring.

Like I'm pretty sure almost 0 Witchwood cards see play other than Genn/Baku

There has been much worse. Pirates vs Reno is probably the most hated/worst meta ever

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
It is just frustration speaking for those guys. The game hasn't fundamentally changed since it came out. It has all the same issues....You either can live with it, or you can't.

To each their own. But the consensus among a lot of the pros is that the meta is shit. The card pool is so small and one deck is dominating and limiting too many others.

Last time i quit was at the start of Un'goro, when quest rogue was dominating. I don't think it's that bad atm, but it's really bad.

• 1Like