Heroes Charge (android)

lindz

#DDs
Reached the top 400 in arena and hard mode crusade has finally gotten hard. Bleh. Think I may finally need to finish leveling up my mystic and frost mage to give the DM group a try.

lindz

#DDs
Also, is it common when starting out to have your hero level outpace your skill levels? My team level is 32. My heroes are 31, but most of their skills are 18. Am I doing something wrong?
Once you're in your 60s money problems disappear and you have everything maxed, but before that it can be tough. Don't level a ton of different teams and focus on the important skills for awhile. Now my problem is skill points more than money when leveling up all my lower level guys.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Once you're in your 60s money problems disappear and you have everything maxed, but before that it can be tough. Don't level a ton of different teams and focus on the important skills for awhile. Now my problem is skill points more than money when leveling up all my lower level guys.
Uh, I'm level 69 and complete crusade every day (hard mode since the day or two after it came out), and money is still absolutely tight, although i focus more on grand arena where you need at least 10 good heroes, plus a few different for crusade. Besides money, exp pots are also pretty tight, and I do the booty cave for all exp salves.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Reached the top 400 in arena and hard mode crusade has finally gotten hard. Bleh. Think I may finally need to finish leveling up my mystic and frost mage to give the DM group a try.
There has been a lot of people saying that crusade is based on your top five power level heroes, and that seems to fit more with what I have seen than arena rank.

lindz

#DDs
Yeah I have 8 heroes at my team level now for grand crusade with the other 7 two to four levels below. Doing decently in grand crusade now. My biggest issue is I don't have a strong secondary tank that I like and still several days off drunken master. I'll get there soon enough, just need to rely on my admiral and brute for 2nd and 3rd tanks. :\

Exp pots are definitely tight, tho I buy them a ton to help keep up. Money hasn't been an issue for awhile though at level 67 - I usually maintain over 10 million which is plenty right now though I assume it will be worth less as skill costs keep going up.

Interesting that crusade may be based off top 5 power. I think I'm at 22.5k~ for those. It is really those damn Ember Blades on 14/15 when my health is getting low that are rough.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've heard it based off of your arena ranking:

Crusade - Heroes Charge Wiki

I've seen that same info elsewhere on the forums too, though I can't find it at the moment. I have purposefully kept my arena ranking low(errr...high...as in bad if you know what I mean) so i could do the crusade easily early on when I didn't have any heroes or gear.

I've decided just to leave it like that now. Think I am rank 1500 in arena, 400something in grand arena and the crusade is a total joke even in hard mode. I'd rather leave it like that for farming than try to get an extra 150 arena coins or whatever per day. It's someone anecdotal but I'm convinced it's based on your normal arena rank.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My grand arena is always in the 100s or 200s, but I've let my arena slip to around 1k.

I have honestly never noticed a difference based off arena level, whether at rank 75 (my high) or now. I have kept my heroes at the same level the past week or so, and I was actually getting the same fights for most of the crusade from day to day, while my arena score would fluctuate.

The first fight hasn't changed for sure, it has a level 39 lightning master with a bunch of level 50s. I would think if it was arena score based it would change with my changing ranks

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've heard it based off of your arena ranking:

Crusade - Heroes Charge Wiki

I've seen that same info elsewhere on the forums too, though I can't find it at the moment. I have purposefully kept my arena ranking low(errr...high...as in bad if you know what I mean) so i could do the crusade easily early on when I didn't have any heroes or gear.

I've decided just to leave it like that now. Think I am rank 1500 in arena, 400something in grand arena and the crusade is a total joke even in hard mode. I'd rather leave it like that for farming than try to get an extra 150 arena coins or whatever per day. It's someone anecdotal but I'm convinced it's based on your normal arena rank.
Your arena coins are based off arena or grand arena rank, whichever are higher. If you think its only regular arena, might as well get grand arena as high as possible and get the same coins you would if arena was higher

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
But ya, ember blade is OP right now. Absoltely no counter to him, he is guaranteed to do at least 25% damage to all of your mid/back heroes, and more than likely closer to 50%.

At least other heroes generally have counters

lindz

#DDs
But ya, ember blade is OP right now. Absoltely no counter to him, he is guaranteed to do at least 25% damage to all of your mid/back heroes, and more than likely closer to 50%.

At least other heroes generally have counters
Yeah it's a little silly. I use him in my arena team as well, just because of that but he still feels like a cheap win. :\ He needs to lose his magic resist shield imo.

Taho

N00b
Any suggestions for what hero to target with crusade points after Commando? Also, should I keep purchasing Commando to evolve him. My plan is to keep purchasing for Commando to evolve, but I have extra points to spend on another new hero. I'm thinking Wind Master, but Frost Mage, Phoenix, and Mystic seem like other decent options.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
i need help with a tank i think. i just hit level 50 and haven't finished crusade yet. i can usually get to the last purple chest. problem is i only have shallows keeper and admiral and my guild tanks are all in mid 50's. i use:

phoenix blue +2 lvl 50 3 star
lunar guardian blue +2 lvl 50 3 star
professional killer blue +2 lvl 50 3 star
commando blue +2 lvl 50 2 star
frost mage blue +2 lvl 50 2 star
chaplain blue +2 lvl 50 2 star
shallows keeper blue +2 lvl 50 2 star
shadowleaf blue +2 lvl 50 2 star
admiral blue +2 lvl 50 1 star
emberstar blue +2 lvl 50 1 star

then not yet leveled:
mystic
ember blade
lightening master
pilot
psychic sword
vanguard warrior
tusked storm
lightening storm

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
You should be close to acquiring war chief by now, no? Just doing the elite dungeons for his stone will net you enough by low-mid 50s

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
War chief isn't really that good for crusade, since his revive can only proc once. If you can hire a death knight or death Mage from guild then they should be able to carry you through.

Iron hoof worked for me until I switched to hard, him plus chaplain could outlast. The problem is unless you get lucky you can't get him until grand arena. Best bet would be a death knight.

Save your Pheonix until later levels, can take care of most of them by himself, but can only revive a max of three times (so 3 ultimate skills)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yikes just counted, have 17 heroes over 65 and 4 at 60. Most are for situational use, like admiral for chick fight and machinist for the burrowed Outland (which doesn't even work, at 2 star he dies before he can use ultimate). No wonder I have problems with gold.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I use Shallows Keeper for the entire thing. He's a beast tank at pur+X, Shadow Shaman as healer, rifleman, commando and either that cloud walker dude or ferryman

Vitality

HUSTLE
I go 15/15 Hard Mode with Death Mage as the tank.

Swap in WC + Iron Hoof for Fallen Dominion Cloudwalker teams.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I go 15/15 Hard Mode with Death Mage as the tank.

Swap in WC + Iron Hoof for Fallen Dominion Cloudwalker teams.
Yep, death Mage is the way to go, but unless you pick her up from a chest you have to wait until grand arena to start working on her. Add in FM and Mystic and her ultimate hits for like 1k per pop in the mid 60s

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
War chief isn't really that good for crusade, since his revive can only proc once. If you can hire a death knight or death Mage from guild then they should be able to carry you through.

Iron hoof worked for me until I switched to hard, him plus chaplain could outlast. The problem is unless you get lucky you can't get him until grand arena. Best bet would be a death knight.

Save your Pheonix until later levels, can take care of most of them by himself, but can only revive a max of three times (so 3 ultimate skills)
War Chief tanks about 95% of crusade for me right now, other 5% I either use Shallow Keeper/Cleric/Vanguard Warrior/Guild Tank