Heroes of the Storm

DMK_sl

shitlord
I can't believe people are even questioning whether this will be a success or not. It will be cheap as shit to make and people will flock to it. Blizzard will make an even more accessible version of LoL and Dota and boom success. I'm not talking success like LoL or Dota but I definitely think it will have at least 1 million unique players within the first few months.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Just to fuel the D3-engine fire some more, they already ported it to consoles, so maybe Heroes will be a next gen console game

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Here is a picture Rob Pardo dropped on twitter back in february.
Its possible that it has changed greatly but it can shed some light on some of the things being speculated so far in this
thread.
rrr_img_47151.jpg

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Of course I realize that Heroes is still probably using the SC2 engine. But since the trailer, we haven't gotten any new info. So let the wish lists commence, IMO.

I understand that people hate D3, but you can't hate on the feel of combat in that engine.
Name changes don't mean anything, especially since the last two names were basically placeholder names to begin with. They're already going to have a showmatch at BlizzCon according to the schedule. The SC2 developers wouldn't be put on a Diablo 3 related project. It's been shown off multiple times already. It's just not happening, bro. Please stop filling the thread with your tin foil hat conspiracy bullshit.

33 minute gametime, looks like they're going for standard stuff.
To be fair, it's still pre-alpha. They could just be messing around and what not. I think they've already stated they want games to be 15-30 minutes long. StarCraft 2 in general has shorter games than StarCraft: Brood War as intended.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How far apart are the engines anyway ? Both are inhouse, share the same perspective on the world and similar amount of moving stuff on screen. I have no clue how programming works but I would be surprised if they didn't have at least something in common. SC2 is great for prototyping stuff, but the map system seems a bit clumsy for full blown release. D3 was obviously made with consoles in mind, but it still took them a year to make the console port.

And neither supports LAN :p
The "engine" isn't in charge of supporting LAN

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dustin Browder is talking about this game in the opening ceremony of blizzcon now, and they just showed a real trailer. Lots of info to come out I'm sure.

Juvarisx

Florida
They showed a game play trailer as well, I smiled it looks like it could be very very fun.

bconOpening12.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Pretty excited for this, which is hilarious to me personally. I never cared about or really played a MOBA until 2 weeks ago and now I am addicted.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw a Pudge hook.... again... Is it a requirement that the hero is copied over into every single moba? LOL.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel so completely ignorant of this genre. I've never played LoL and only did the first couple tutorials on DOTA2. What is the appeal for someone who has never played them?

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Insanely high skill cap, plus the added punishment of having to play as a team with 4 people you will most likely hate by the time the game ends (starts??). Constantly changing meta game due to patches and balancing as well, so the game doesnt get as stale as you would think (hero pool of 50+ helps with this as well, hopefully its closer to 100+ like dota).

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I feel so completely ignorant of this genre. I've never played LoL and only did the first couple tutorials on DOTA2. What is the appeal for someone who has never played them?
Bro this was me 4 months ago after Infinite Crisis Beta ...

Said I would report back so here is my analysis ... DO NOT BUY!

My first 10 minutes in the game I hated it so much that I said I would never play it again. Then I felt bad and figured I needed to give it a shot, put some time in on GL as he is my favorite DC Hero. This game almost made me start to hate my favorite super hero. To me the game is very imbalanced and boring, I don't know if this how all MOBAs because I don't play them. Can't imagine that is true though because of their popularity, then again shitty Facebook games are popular too. Not gonna judge all MOBAs from this one, but I will say this one sucks.
This is me now ...

Pretty excited for this, which is hilarious to me personally. I never cared about or really played a MOBA until 2 weeks ago and now I am addicted.
With LoL I think there are 116 Champions, I bought the 2 bundles so I have over 40. Each Champ has a unique gameplay and that can even change depending on their role of Top, Mid, Bot ADC , Bot Support or Jungle.

Even when I get my ass kicked (which is pretty often) I still enjoy it because i learn something new every game about Champ mechanics.

Also, I highly recommend watching Voyboy on twitch to learn this game. Voyboy does a really good job of explaining shit while he is in the middle of a battle.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you want to be good at MOBA's, do not learn to play LoL. Start with Dota2 or at the very least HoN.

LoL = Call of Duty
Dota2 = Battlefield 4

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
same, except I think I've played even less than you aka never even a tutorial for DOTA

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I know Blizzard , and their catering to casuals... It'll be more like LoL than Dota2... They'll want to appeal to the masses and promote it as an e-sport HARD, and throw money at sponsors to do so (just like Riot did with LoL).

That being said, you'd benefit a lot by learning the more difficult and "deep" Moba games if you want to really learn the genre.