Heroes of the Storm

an accordion_sl

shitlord
yo tenks isn't this a "pro" team

tiW1xlw.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not one I know off the cuff. You may have saw Wildfire and thought they were ESV.Wildfire?

Tenks

They maybe a lesser team I don't know. Although no clue why they'd practice a comp with Gaz.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone once said that that you get more xp for hero kills when you're behind in levels.. not sure if it's true or not. There's been a bunch of times through that my team has been down 3 levels at some point and we've come back to win the game.
Technically yes, by its the other way around, I think. The higher level you are, the less exp you get for things. I want to say its a 10% penalty per level, capping at 50%

Tenks

Technically yes, by its the other way around, I think. The higher level you are, the less exp you get for things. I want to say its a 10% penalty per level, capping at 50%
I have never heard this before. Right now the comeback mechanic is if you're 2 or more levels up hero kills grant additional xp for the losing team.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh, maybe they changed the mechanics then. That's how it was a while ago.

Just checked, they changed it to the underdog system in july.

Vittra

I haven't gotten in yet but I've been playing on a friend's account, I leveled it to 15 in about 2 days. I don't know why but I am gravitating towards support characters, I'm loving Brightwing. She can always be somewhere to assist in any fights or lanes.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I haven't gotten in yet but I've been playing on a friend's account, I leveled it to 15 in about 2 days. I don't know why but I am gravitating towards support characters, I'm loving Brightwing. She can always be somewhere to assist in any fights or lanes.
I don't think I've ever gotten an invitation to join the beta but I turned on my battlenet launcher yesterday to play some diablo, I haven't played a blizz game in probably 3+ months, and there was an icon for the Heroes game. It let me download the and play it. I logged into my battlenet account and Heroes of the Storm is listed as a technical alpha. Go figure.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Okay so I can probably get another batch in the week after Thanksgiving. PM me, 500 post count minimum.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Nova is on the rotation this week. God this bitch is broken as shit, I played her for the first time last night and just fucking wrecked mother fuckers. Her burst is just insane as fuck, with rewind and overdrive on top of the damage increase skills you can flat out 100-0 any non tank hero.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nova would be a good hero without stealth.. The fact that she also has stealth makes her broken imo. Either Nerf her stealth or her damage. But it sounds like huge nerfs are coming so should be a moot point

Tenks

If she didn't have stealth she'd be abysmal. If you get on a Nova she dies. Plain and simple. She has no HP, no escape and no way to push off attackers. Her damage will probably get nerfed but honestly they just need to increase snipe's CD by like 2-4 seconds so you can't just double snipe off rewind with no chance for the opponent to react. I like that a stealth assassin is viable in the competitive scene and it would be a shame if she gets nerfed into oblivion because she pub stomps.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I am fine with stealth but yes her damage needs to be toned down by a fair margin. Even without rewind she can still drop someone 50-0 with use a snipe + hotshot auto attack. I don't think she should completely outshine other assassin characters in the damage department. I get it that she is all burst with very little sustained damage but the way this game is set up 90% of the time burst is more important.

Tenks

I am fine with stealth but yes her damage needs to be toned down by a fair margin. Even without rewind she can still drop someone 50-0 with use a snipe + hotshot auto attack. I don't think she should completely outshine other assassin characters in the damage department. I get it that she is all burst with very little sustained damage but the way this game is set up 90% of the time burst is more important.
The biggest issue is you need a good counter to Nova. Brightwing if she specs for dust can shit on a Nova trying to burst someone. Tassadar is the most obvious counter. A Valla speccing W can shit on Nova. There are easy ways of dealing with her but just sometimes you get a pub where no one can easily deal with her or simply choose not to do it. The amount of times I see people getting wrecked by Nova but STILL didn't take Block or Spell Shield is mind boggling to me.